XIM Community

X:Y 1 to 1 when using Generic ST  (Read 278 times)

Offline Lemon1

• View Profile
X:Y 1 to 1 when using Generic ST
« on: 05:10 PM - 02/11/19 »
I've noticed when toying around with generic ST's that vertical movement feels a lot more sluggish than horizontal movement. Would anyone know what the exact xy value needed for 1:1 feel in overwatch is when using Generic ST?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: X:Y 1 to 1 when using Generic ST
« Reply #1 on: 05:20 PM - 02/11/19 »
the generic STs will give different results in every game, the reason is that those STs arent optimized for specific games but are meant to be used for games with no support

this means that whenever you use a generic ST you will always have to manually adjust the:
- XY Ratio
- Boost
- Ballistic Curve

a specific game ST will always optimize those three to meet the PC 1:1 mouse feeling
this is automatically done by the smart trainer software that creates the specific game STs
with generic STs you are required to do the work
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline saItywatch

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: saltywatch
  • PSN ID: saltywatch
« Reply #2 on: 05:57 PM - 02/11/19 »
Set X/Y ratio to around 1.35 to 1.55.  i use 1.35

Mist, I'm begging you man, fire up OW and try and play it rn.

You're leaving us to die, here. We are literally trying Linear again, things are that bad

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:03 PM - 02/11/19 »
Specifically try play Widow.. over the course of 3-4 weeks n watch the changes with out u doing anything different.
Progress | Xbox One X | g502HERO | Logitech K200 | Sony Bravia kdl-32w670a |
OW | BFV | BO4 | DESTINY 2

Offline Lemon1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:42 PM - 02/12/19 »
Set X/Y ratio to around 1.35 to 1.55.  i use 1.35

Mist, I'm begging you man, fire up OW and try and play it rn.

You're leaving us to die, here. We are literally trying Linear again, things are that bad

Yeah I specifically had Overwatch and Apex legends in mind. Surely if the game has a linear ramp already available, you should fire up a generic config, input your keybinds, dead zone, and st and you're good to go with 1:1 movement.

I found 10 boost seemed to be where the dead zone ended woth overwatch, 9 and the crosshair doesn't really move for small movements. I just need to know 1:1 xy really.