XIM Community

Corsair K70 help  (Read 183 times)

Offline duncancor93

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: abeerbox
Corsair K70 help
« on: 03:17 PM - 02/11/19 »
Iím not sure whatís going on but my keyboard is having issues working for some reason when I first got it a couple weeks ago it was working just fine. I always have to unplug cables and restart my Xbox and do a bunch of bs just to get it to work, and once I get up and running itís fine... until I turn my Xbox off -__-

Using the current beta version on the hardware and the app
Xbox X
Corsair k70 rgb keyboard
Razor deathadder mouse

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Corsair K70 help
« Reply #1 on: 05:17 PM - 02/11/19 »
Corsair K keyboards aren't always plug and play when used on a device that isn't a PC. Usually they just need to enter bios mode but I'll share a full troubleshoot list, two methods to enter bios mode are included below but each step is known to solve a Corsair K issue so be sure to try them all.

A good place to start is to verify the keyboard is working with a PC. If it's working on PC then the issue can be solved using one of the Corsair K troubleshoot steps below.

- Verify you're using the latest firmware for the latest hardware support: http://xim.tech/latest
- If keyboard includes two cables verify you're using the data cable and not the power cable. If you're unsure try using the second cable with XIM instead.
- Try swapping the mouse and keyboard cable positions at your XIM.
- Look for a switch near where the cable is attached to the keyboard. Set the switch to bios mode.
- If the keyboard does not have this switch hold Windows Lock + F1 for 5 seconds.
- If the keyboard includes two cables attach the keyboard cable to XIM and the secondary cable to a power source that is not XIM like the console or a USB charger.
- Adding a power adapter may help. APEX supports power adapters using the spec below and can be found on amazon or ebay. *Do not attach a power adapter that does not use this spec to prevent damage to your peripherals.*

5V 3A power adapter  ([3.5mm x 1.35mm], center-positive)
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline duncancor93

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: abeerbox
Re: Corsair K70 help
« Reply #2 on: 05:31 PM - 02/11/19 »
You are the man! I will try these out when I get home. The weird thing is when I first got it it was working with no problem, then all of sudden I had to do unplug cables and reset things until it just randomly would work, there is 2 cables and Iím using the keyboard cable because the other is the USB through for other devices to plug into the keyboard which Iím not using