XIM Community

over watch again sorry.  (Read 305 times)

Offline whatnowbuddy

• above average.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: WhatNowBuddy
over watch again sorry.
« on: 03:06 PM - 02/11/19 »
hey can some one explain theese things to me not so much in a purely APEX format or a purly OW format but how they work together

1. why for about 1-2weeks was my aim ridiculous now its dropped 10% and im missing head shots i should be getting.
2. Linear ramp ? if i was to experiement with this would that mean that if i turned off all AA each flick would be the same ? because at present on expo im sure sometimes my flicks feel either longer or shorter

apart from FOV and the thumbstick controll system and AA is the only difference between xbox n pc the refresh rate, fps, hz what ever u wanna call it.. ?
Progress | Xbox One X | g502HERO | Logitech K200 | Sony Bravia kdl-32w670a |
OW | BFV | BO4 | DESTINY 2

Offline AKAYDIA-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Akaydia-
Re: over watch again sorry.
« Reply #1 on: 03:35 PM - 02/11/19 »
Even gold  players are mad lol

Offline whatnowbuddy

• above average.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:28 PM - 02/11/19 »
what rank are you? sorry if its not how you intended it but your remark seems very degrading to me

Offline saItywatch

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: saltywatch
  • PSN ID: saltywatch
« Reply #3 on: 05:54 PM - 02/11/19 »
what rank are you? sorry if its not how you intended it but your remark seems very degrading to me

thats all this forum is.. Bullies. You even put the word "sorry" in your title, and people still harass you.
People like to paint me out to be the villain, but you guys are very degrading to Overwatch players.

Obviously the latest manager update has caused serious issues, and the mods are not interested in finding a fix. So lets all try and find the best firmware that plays the best with OW.

Maria and Nitro are good sources for help with settings, OP, and anyone else thats interested.

Offline whatnowbuddy

• above average.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:00 PM - 02/11/19 »
thanks mate, i dont think its the manager.. cause ive not updated mine i was trying to stick with the settings i found useable.. i honestly believe its the Xbox coding. (never played PSN) i will just have to play other toons untill i can get a GFX card and monitor that will let me play PC propperly. thanks for the help ive read from your threads over the past few months mate.

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:56 PM - 02/11/19 »
I've been using the Generic Alpha ST and haven't noticed anything different in regards to aiming with recent firmware or manager. What firmware and manager are people experiencing issues with? I'm currently on 20181204 for both.
i5-4690k | GTX 1070 | ASUS VG248QE | CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Logitech G203 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

PS4 BO3 Edition | Xbox One S

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Offline Maria

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Maria
« Reply #6 on: 07:30 PM - 02/11/19 »
The latest firmware caused some major issues. I couldn't track for @#$%. I was thinking maybe I was having an off night, but after going back to 20181204 I was back to dominating again. It's a shame they don't pay more attention to this game since it's all some us play.

Offline saItywatch

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:15 PM - 02/11/19 »
The latest firmware caused some major issues. I couldn't track for @#$%. I was thinking maybe I was having an off night, but after going back to 20181204 I was back to dominating again. It's a shame they don't pay more attention to this game since it's all some us play.

When I play on my account named Salty_watch, I get a message every 9 or 10 games saying "hello, Its ____ from xim forums" or something like "I use your settings" etc etc. There are a ton of us who play.

I just wonder if its my fault that they are ghosting us. I'm happy our efforts got us a linear fix, and now we have Steady Aim, which is cool too I guess. But I just wonder if they dont even respond to our threads anymore because of me, and their hatred to me. I've had really, really well respected XIM forum users go straight baby mode on me. I've heard the mods say, "We aren't obligated to work on OW", and then a week later say "Apex is an upgrade for OW, compared to Xim4"

if there was an alternative KMB device that I knew how to use that worked as well, I would use it. I def have to start researching the Titan 2 or whatever.  Truthfully, I hate overwatch but its what my family plays to keep in touch w each other.

Thanks again maria, btw, i will try a previous firmware. I might try the OG beta, because I like sync off anyways, and I jut remember it being the bee's knees.

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:41 PM - 02/11/19 »
Are you guys still using the official OW ST or Generic Alpha? I haven't touched OW ST since they gave us the generic ones.
i5-4690k | GTX 1070 | ASUS VG248QE | CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Logitech G203 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

PS4 BO3 Edition | Xbox One S

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Offline Maria

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01:31 AM - 02/12/19 »
Have you seen that thread about the newer firmwares adding input lag? I would downgrade to the og beta (added smoothing) but I prefer default sync. Gonna try the April Firmware.

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: xiiProG_NiTROiix
« Reply #10 on: 03:51 AM - 02/12/19 »
I dis not realise people think the latest firmwares offer a worse experience than the old gold firmware. I did not really notice a difderence tbh and i think it may be placeebo but im perfectly open to this being the case i will downgrade and see what i think and reply with my expeerience here.
Mainly play overwatch
Generally high master low gm ☺

Offline whatnowbuddy

• above average.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06:13 AM - 02/12/19 »
yer after reading your post maria ive gone back up to 12k dpi its fixed the problem for now >_< hopefully it stays like that ahaha

Offline Maria

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07:28 AM - 02/12/19 »
I dis not realise people think the latest firmwares offer a worse experience than the old gold firmware. I did not really notice a difderence tbh and i think it may be placeebo but im perfectly open to this being the case i will downgrade and see what i think and reply with my expeerience here.
Yup placeabo. It's all good till the dec 04 beta update. The one after that screwed the aim mechanics up.

Offline saItywatch

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08:14 AM - 02/12/19 »
Maria for president

Downgrading fixes a lot of my issues. Iím still having some issues but this is way better

THANKS FOR ALL OF THE HELP XIM TEAM WE CAN TELL U CARE

Offline dgjr

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10:28 AM - 02/12/19 »
Thank you Maria .. your testing and input is very much appreciated