XIM Community

Weird New Issue - mouse starts aiming down while moving mouse left to right  (Read 170 times)

Offline AV8R

• View Profile
Wasn't quite sure how to title this...Noticed it yesterday.  Have verified it over two different logitech mouse (G503, G403).  When I slide my mouse left to right (and vice versa) on the X axis, it slowly rotates the camera on the Y axis downward.  Have changed dpi settings, polling rate, different sensitivities, different STs for different games.  I thought it was something wonky with using the Destiny ST for The Division 2.  But tried it in BF4 and same thing.

Any ideas?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
It's likely stick drift on your controller. Try to recentre it.

I think the stick deadzones may be adjustable in XIM Manager, but I'm not 100% if that applies to the authentication controller.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline AV8R

• View Profile
Its a controller that has barely been used.

Only way I can think of testing it is loading up a game and seeing if the aimpoint changes after a period of time. 

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Definitely symptomatic of stick drift, the XIM doesn't provide phantom input. Give the controller right stick a flick next time you notice it.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Is the mouse centered on it's Y axis? If it's tilted enough then horizontal movement can produce vertical movement. If you're on PC now place your mouse down slightly tilted to the left then move the mouse in a horizontal line to see how this can happen.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos