XIM Community

Apex Legends keeps going over the mouse speed limit  (Read 421 times)

Offline Ruhward

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: TBGSenpai
No matter what sensitivity I put in the game, or dpi, or sensitivity in the xim manager my xim blinks red repeatedly; notifying me that I'm going over the speed limit. Fix this please, because it's terrible turning in this game. Especially having to do 180 turns.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Apex Legends keeps going over the mouse speed limit
« Reply #1 on: 02:40 PM - 02/11/19 »
This is the turn speed limit of the game unfortunately. The game developer will need to adjust this if they choose to. Console games have a maximum speed that they allow you to turn. This max turn speed will vary between games and is a limit set by the game developer. XIM flashes red lights when you've reached the turn speed limit. If you continue moving faster than what the game allows then that movement is ignored and you may see less movement as a result. By either lowering your sensitivity or moving your mouse slower to stay under or ride the turn speed limit should result in more onscreen movement.

I recommend looking through the slow turning thread in game support for tips.

Slow Turning Tips: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=66889.0

Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline goaty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:15 AM - 02/14/19 »
No matter what sensitivity I put in the game, or dpi, or sensitivity in the xim manager my xim blinks red repeatedly; notifying me that I'm going over the speed limit. Fix this please, because it's terrible turning in this game. Especially having to do 180 turns.

try the high velocity aim setting in game. You will have to lower your xim sensitivity. In the apex section of this forum quite a few people seem to use this. I tried it yesterday myself with the xim4 and it felt great. Haven't seen a blink since then.

Offline PJHudson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:03 AM - 02/15/19 »

try the high velocity aim setting in game. You will have to lower your xim sensitivity. In the apex section of this forum quite a few people seem to use this. I tried it yesterday myself with the xim4 and it felt great. Haven't seen a blink since then.

I tried this earlier, feels great, BUT I find it makes looting a nightmare due to the low xim sense, also i can't even move the health kit dial. Any workaround, can't get the subfigs to work on any button i have to hold down to activate

Offline unknownuser

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Simply
  • PSN ID: Simply
« Reply #4 on: 05:07 PM - 02/15/19 »

I tried this earlier, feels great, BUT I find it makes looting a nightmare due to the low xim sense, also i can't even move the health kit dial. Any workaround, can't get the subfigs to work on any button i have to hold down to activate

Use turn assist in your HIP config for very fast looting, cheers.