XIM Community

Just received my XIM Apex, a few questions.  (Read 354 times)

Offline Slash8789

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Slash8789
Just received my XIM Apex, a few questions.
« on: 07:37 AM - 02/11/19 »
So, I set up my XIM APEX yesterday. I set everything up and, as far as the hardware side of it is concerned, everything works like a charm.

My setup is: Original XBOX One, Grifta Solo, Logitech G502 (would be the Ventus Z but still waitin on alanmcgregor to answer my question  ;D ) and the XIM APEX.

So, the game I am currently playing with my sons is Fortnite. So....I have a few questions:

1) I followed the recommended in-game settings for Controller Sensitivity X and Controller Sensitivity Y and left them at 1.0 but, in the XIM manager I have a high value currently at 45, Is this normal or am I having issues?

2) I also followed the recommended in-game settings for Controller ADS Sensitivity and set it to 1.0 but, I noticed that I have little to no aim assist with it at this level (I think I experienced the same thing without XIM APEX). So, I have to lower the in-game ADS/targeting sensitivity to .300 to get some good aim assist; is this also normal? I have to have the sensitivity in XIM manager at 50 for ADS so as to speed up when I turn, Higher settings don't seem to do a whole lot more. At the .300 setting I simply can't use aim assist for close combat, only for mid to long range.

3)  Before I lowered the in-game ADS/targeting sensitivity to .300, I left it at the recommended 1.0 number and I followed a few tutorials to on increasing aim assist (changing synchronization, raising smoothing, changing ballistic curve, etc..) but, none of that seemed to help. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting that will increase aim assist while leaving the in-game sensitivity at the recommended 1.0?

4) I notice some erratic behavior in my mouse but, only when I bring up the map. When I try to move the marker, it goes really slow and not in a diagonal. It order to get it to move in a diagonal I have to move the mouse really fast. If I don't it moves the mouse really fast , then the marker will move REALLY slow and then only vertically and horizontally. This never happened before. Any suggestions?

Thx.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Just received my XIM Apex, a few questions.
« Reply #1 on: 04:32 PM - 02/11/19 »
If you want aim assist, lower you dpi.

Iíd recommend common sync for Fortnite.

With sensitivity, I wrist aim so probably wouldnít be any help.

The erratic mouse behaviour when bringing up the map probably means your Xim sensitivity is to high. Try lowering it ALOT and see if it feels fine.

What ___ are you using -

Synchronisation
DPI
Hip sensitivity
Ads sensitivity

| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline Slash8789

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:08 PM - 02/11/19 »

]What ___ are you using -

Synchronisation
DPI
Hip sensitivity
Ads sensitivity [/b]

Synchronization = Common
DPI = 4000 @ 500Mhz Polling Rate
Hip = 35 (I lowered it from 45 and it did help with the map Issue but, still happening)
ADS = 0

Since having the in-game controller sensitivity at 0.300 it doesn't matter what I have the ADS sensitivity in XIM manager; why is that? I not well versed on aim-assist mechanics.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:08 AM - 02/12/19 »

]What ___ are you using -

Synchronisation
DPI
Hip sensitivity
Ads sensitivity [/b]

Synchronization = Common
DPI = 4000 @ 500Mhz Polling Rate
Hip = 35 (I lowered it from 45 and it did help with the map Issue but, still happening)
ADS = 0

Since having the in-game controller sensitivity at 0.300 it doesn't matter what I have the ADS sensitivity in XIM manager; why is that? I not well versed on aim-assist mechanics.

Max the ingame controller sensitivity. ( hip sensitivities )

You can delete the ads auxiliary and just adjust the ingame ads sensitivity if you you want, it will remove the slowdown when building stairs ( you may not have noticed that yet )

Offline Slash8789

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:19 AM - 02/12/19 »

Max the ingame controller sensitivity. ( hip sensitivities )

You can delete the ads auxiliary and just adjust the ingame ads sensitivity if you you want, it will remove the slowdown when building stairs ( you may not have noticed that yet )

In-game controller sensitivity for hip is maxed. The in-game controller targeting/ADS is at .300.

I have no XIM manager auxiliary for ADS. I have had no slowdown building stairs.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:56 AM - 02/12/19 »
For the map issue, your mouse may have angle snapping enabled.

When navigating the map, move your mouse slower, thereís a cap on how fast it can move and I donít think sensitivity changes it.

Offline Slash8789

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:08 AM - 02/12/19 »

When navigating the map, move your mouse slower, thereís a cap on how fast it can move and I donít think sensitivity changes it.

I have angle snap off. The map issue actually only happens when I move the mouse slowly not fast.  ???

Offline Dncdubbs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:13 AM - 02/12/19 »
My mouse movements are also always really slow when the map is up...you would probably need to setup an auxiliary for the map if you wanted a way to increase the mouse sens when the map is up.  The problem i have with setting up auxiliaries is, I usually break something else when trying to do it.  You would map your map button (mine is tab) to activate a subconfig (auxiliary).  Personally I like toggles, because I find that deactivation keys arenít necessary that way.  And I guess you would just crank the sensitivity on that subconfig. 

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:13 AM - 02/12/19 »

I have angle snap off. The map issue actually only happens when I move the mouse slowly not fast.  ???

Thatís weird, only thing I can think of for something feeling slow when moving the mouse slow would be your sensitivity is to high.

I play on a stupid high sensitivity but donít have issues with it, might just be the game.

Offline Dncdubbs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:18 AM - 02/12/19 »
Ya I think itís the game because the mouse doesnít/canít work inside of inventory either.  At least Iíve never found any way to do it.

Offline Slash8789

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:20 PM - 02/12/19 »
Yeah, I don't think the mouse is supposed to work in inventory mode. I can live with the map issue and yeah, I do think its because the sensitivity is high because I lowered it and it went away but, I raised back up to my liking.