XIM Community

Apex Legends Official ST Thoughts  (Read 12016 times)

Offline A62341223456678312

• A ghost emits the combat...
    • View Profile
Apex Legends Official ST Thoughts
« on: 08:21 PM - 02/10/19 »
You already know mist killed it, it feels amazing and even better than the PubG ST and TF2 obviously. I wanted to point out that originally I actually couldn't stand playing Apex with the Xim because of the negative feedback on my bullet registration but I think that was not enough aim assist on top of the fact that it wasn't a good config. I would try changing to 12K dpi if your rocking like 3200 or something. Additionally when I set my ingame sensitivities at 6 or 7 you receive a lot more aim assist compensation. Here are my settings, for a background I play Call of Duty mainly so I strive for settings that feel as similar as possible :)

PS4 Pro

In game:
All Default, 90 FOV
Sensitivity: 7
ADS Sensitivity: 7

( Mouse: 1k Polling / 12k DPI)

Xim Settings:
Apex Legends ST (New)

Hip: 5.50
Sync: Default
No smoothing
No Boost,
No curve,
No Steady Aim

ADS: 4.50
[ Inherit: Yes ]
Sync: Default
No smoothing,
No Boost,
No Curve,
No Steady Aim

These are base settings that work really good with Xim for core functionality for some people that are meticulous with aiming preferences and various other things might find this too minimalist for their comfort. I find these work well, I might go in and tweak some fine tune sensitivities, but I don't think this game requires a lot of modification for it to work great. Thank you Mist for all your contributions in the community and again you did really well and worked in a timely fashion for the communities sake. Appreciate all the hard work :)
CORSAIR K70 LUX RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse (12k Max DPI) | XIM APEX | Xbox One S | PC Gamer | BenQ XL2411 144hz Gaming Monitor |

Offline The prodigy

• View Profile
Re: Apex Legends Official ST Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: 08:32 PM - 02/10/19 »
Confused why this st is released already? There hasn't been any announcement on twitter.
Edit:
Looks like the other games we've been waiting on are released as well so we probably just sniped them before they could.  ;D

Offline lilnagle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:43 PM - 02/10/19 »
gonna download this ASAP when i get back on

Offline scum

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:21 PM - 02/10/19 »
Feels really good. Getting more kills already ;)

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: xiiProG_NiTROiix
« Reply #4 on: 03:30 AM - 02/11/19 »
Can i ask why you limit yourself to 90 fov a higher fov will offer a competitive advantage and since the game was implimented with up to 110 fov presumably it should be capable of holding the same frame rate.
Mainly play overwatch
Generally high master low gm ☺

Offline yaas2.0

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: tokoloshe2
« Reply #5 on: 09:08 AM - 02/11/19 »
I have a zim4 I still prefer pubg st or titanfall2 one

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:31 AM - 02/11/19 »
Confused why this st is released already? There hasn't been any announcement on twitter.
Edit:
Looks like the other games we've been waiting on are released as well so we probably just sniped them before they could.  ;D

These are usually release at night and announced in the morning.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline JT Jenkins

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:40 AM - 02/11/19 »
So a 12,000 DPI setting works better than a 3,200 DPI with this game? I just got comfortable switching from 12K DPI /1000 polling to 3.2K DPI / 500 polling playing BF, I really prefer it, and bummed if this game ST needs 12K / 1000 to get a good performance. Anyone getting good results on lower DPI with the new ST?

Offline solly

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Solicitor 501
« Reply #8 on: 01:37 PM - 02/11/19 »
I like the ST! Thanks mist! Really like the quick turnaround. 

If we do not max out the in game sensitivities what would the affect be on the ST? I tried playing with very high instead of insane and noticed it did feel a bit easier to keep aim on target.

Offline Hybridjones

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Hybridjones
« Reply #9 on: 01:44 PM - 02/11/19 »
I like the ST! Thanks mist! Really like the quick turnaround. 

If we do not max out the in game sensitivities what would the affect be on the ST? I tried playing with very high instead of insane and noticed it did feel a bit easier to keep aim on target.
I play on 7 and immediately noticed my shot connecting more consistently after switching to the official ST though I have not tried it on 8 and really dont plan to.

Offline Shredly

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Sutta
« Reply #10 on: 04:59 PM - 02/11/19 »
Anyone else using sync off?

Offline obi-wan_legend

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:54 PM - 02/11/19 »
So a 12,000 DPI setting works better than a 3,200 DPI with this game? I just got comfortable switching from 12K DPI /1000 polling to 3.2K DPI / 500 polling playing BF, I really prefer it, and bummed if this game ST needs 12K / 1000 to get a good performance. Anyone getting good results on lower DPI with the new ST?

Yes im using 3,500k dpi

Offline unknownuser

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Simply
  • PSN ID: Simply
« Reply #12 on: 03:10 AM - 02/12/19 »
Is there a way to add a curve to combat the hip acceleration? Anyone come up with one?

Offline bbremges

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BREM15
« Reply #13 on: 09:21 AM - 02/12/19 »
I have a zim4 I still prefer pubg st or titanfall2 one
Same here. Apex Legends ST is no good imo for Xim4. Might need to buy the apex :$

Offline Eric_L

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09:48 AM - 02/12/19 »
Edit:

I'm not sure why people only use 90 as well. 100-110 is where it's at. I guess the fisheye effect is not for everyone but it does help when you are in combat in close quarters being able to see everything around you.
*PS4 Pro
*GPro Wireless 500hz / 16,000 DPI
*K70 RGB Mk.2 Low Profile Cherry Mx: Speed
*Xim Apex 1000hz | Titan Two
*Hip sens: 500 | Ads sens: 222.22 | X/Y Ratio: 2.60
*Smoothing 6 | Sync: OFF | Right Stick Deadzone: 0
*Rainbow Six Siege - Diamond