XIM Community

I'm giving up on Overwatch, sorry guys :(*  (Read 768 times)

Offline saItywatch

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: saltywatch
  • PSN ID: saltywatch
I'm giving up on Overwatch, sorry guys :(*
« on: 10:39 AM - 02/10/19 »
I know a bunch of you still reach out to me for settings advice, but unfortunately, I'm just done. I will attempt, one more time, to address issues with the Smart Translator's issue with the OW client (specifically for PS4, and PS4 Pro controller users).

1.)  Expo ramp is garbage. The biggest thing I don't like about expo ramp (and definitely affects the snipers) is the "burst" or initial boost you get from moving the crosshair out of the deadzone. This is why in this big forum post last week multiple users came to my side to say that Linear feels much more consistent than Expo, maybe not in gameplay performance, but in a sense that it feels more like PC. Expo has an unnatural ramp, and I personally feel like the ST does not give you a 1:1 feel, but rather a KB+M version of expo ramp. This feels good for heroes like Soldier and even the new mcree, but it interacts poorly with widowmaker, ashe, and ana.

2.) OW on PS4 and XBox is a completely different experience, specifically in regards to Aim assist interaction. From playing on Xbox for a little while last weekend, I can tell you that it feels like a different game. I would definitely say that XIM Apex interacts with the AA of the OW client on Xbox way better than PS4. I also believe that the different Hz response rate, or something like that, is responsible for people with PS4 Pro controllers having issues. I know a lot of "pro" ps4 players have the older version of the PS4 controller.

3.) Xim4 and Xim Apex feel way different, even when you set Xim to 125 hz and default. Curves feel way different, and curves that worked on Xim4 (Linear ramp workaround) dont work on Xim Apex... How can Apex and X4 be the same if the curves dont work? Its obvious that Apex ST interacts with the OW client differently than X4 does.

4.) All non xim users use Linear ramp with aim ease, or they use Dual zone. Expo is definitely the least popular. I was always under the impression that we should emulate or mouse movements to try and match natural PS4 movements.. Or however you want to put it... There is a reason that they arent using this setting.

5.) There are lazy fixes that the mods haven't implemented for whatever reason. There is an issue with snipers and their FOV. I know this is a common issue in a lot of games, but basically, if you set the Relative aim assist to 100 *which is suggested by XIM team and everyone in forums*, and try to play a sniper.. your sensitivity will INCREASE when you look down a scope, which is outright retarded. So to have a "1:1" feeling, you need to know to set your XIM's ADS setttings to 47% value for widow, 60% for ashe, and __% for ana (i dont know becaues ana is a @#$% sandwich on xim and I shant be playing her)" so if you want your aim to be 50% relative aim, you set 100% relative game in settings, Go to your xim, make an ADS thats 47% of your sens, then times that by .5 to get your new value, and enter that in your ADS. AND THATS PLUG AND PLAY right there  :o ::)  Not only this, there are other lazy issues, like if you want to change your Sync from Common to default midgame, well you better bring your effing T83 calculator with you to figure out what the new value should be, rather than our xim manager use a mathematical algorithm to figure it out for us... Cause you know, why would a machine do math for us, thats preposterous

6.) 9/10 Xim OW players on the forum complain that the aim feels really inconsistent, and that we dont have these issues with ANY OTHER GAME. We are told its the client, and we play a round with a widow who can snipe us consistently every time in a 10000th of a second, or a mccree who cant miss a head shot.  We have KMB. We are literally cheating. Every other game I play, I literally demolish because of my advantage. In this game, I'm fighting my input device.

I'm not saying I wanna be the best, and that my KBM should give me such an advantage where I dont need to use good positioning and what not... what I am saying is, poor aim shouldn't be one of my problems if I'm using a Xim. I get this freaky good plays, 4-5 times a game, where I know I dont deserve some of my kills.. and then I will miss a mercy whos rezzing 10 feet in front of me, despite me taking a deep breath, focusing, lining up my shot, and fighting this magnetic effect that repels me. I have played too many shooter games with XIM where I can make that same shot 1000 times in my sleep

so /rant. 

you guys can call me whatever you want, this is honestly the case. Its also not a good look when I have heard the "higher ups" here talk about OW as if its on their backburner, because they are COD/Fortnite bros.

But oh well, I cant change XIM, and I cant make my friends join me on PC, so I will just find another game =( I will make one last ditch effort tonight to make a setting using linear ramp and Aim Ease in (not aim assist ease in), which obviously won't feel like PC either, but maybe I can actually be able to microaim for once.

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
Re: I'm giving up on Overwatch, sorry guys :(*
« Reply #1 on: 02:44 PM - 02/10/19 »
k
i5-4690k | GTX 1070 | ASUS VG248QE | CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Logitech G203 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

PS4 BO3 Edition | Xbox One S

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: xiiProG_NiTROiix
« Reply #2 on: 03:32 PM - 02/10/19 »
Dude the game simply plays like @#$% on console if you really want change post on the blizzard forums thats the only way the games terrible sim system and aim assist mechanics will ever be improved not to mention the limited turn speed that is even a negative for a lot of controller users.
Mainly play overwatch
Generally high master low gm ☺

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 05:06 PM - 02/10/19 »
Nutshell version - XIM can't polish a turd.
Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Maria

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Maria
« Reply #4 on: 05:49 PM - 02/10/19 »
I downgraded to the previous firmware. My aim felt bronze level with the new update.

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:51 PM - 02/10/19 »

if you really want change post on the blizzard forums

That will get you nowhere tho lol. They donít give a flying &[email protected]! about console 😂 and nor do they care about complaints on the ow forums. Turn speed will never be increased. They probably know that doing so would benefit us XIM users, so they sabotage the aim/look mechanics for everyone just because thereís a few ppl who use M&K.
« Last Edit: 06:02 PM - 02/10/19 by ƑȒƐƐĿǾ »

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:34 AM - 02/11/19 »

That will get you nowhere tho lol. They donít give a flying &[email protected]! about console 😂 and nor do they care about complaints on the ow forums. Turn speed will never be increased. They probably know that doing so would benefit us XIM users, so they sabotage the aim/look mechanics for everyone just because thereís a few ppl who use M&K.

Nothing will ever happen as nobody tries be the change you want to see. Bump this:

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/console-overwatch-needs-love/14671
Mainly play overwatch

Offline saItywatch

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:21 AM - 02/11/19 »

Nothing will ever happen as nobody tries be the change you want to see. Bump this:

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/console-overwatch-needs-love/14671

U realize that I switched to 50-50 sens linear ramp and 30 aim ease in, picked up my controller and had all golds as a DPS in a diamond match? I was also master using controller only before I bought XIM

The aim system feels fine for controller after you tinker with it.  I agree vanilla settings for OW sucks on controller. But their workarounds feel like they work

This is of course me after me playing one game so who knows. I do know I spent 3 hours last night trying all different settings and they all feel garbage.

It feels like Iím playing the game on another gameís ST

Offline saItywatch

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:25 AM - 02/11/19 »
I downgraded to the previous firmware. My aim felt bronze level with the new update.

This has to be the problem. You know I didnít really think u were good for this forum (look whoís talking right lmao) but you actually contribute a lot here and your input has personally helped me a few times

I just remember your first few comments being arrogant but I donít think you have me beat anyways  ;). U should post ur settings if u havenít already. I know you are a GM right??

Offline Maria

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Maria
« Reply #9 on: 08:56 AM - 02/11/19 »
Same settings as Nitro but instead of 3200 max dpi. My mouse goes up to 11k. Makes it easier to cut through the aim assist bubble and what not. Also all those settings like boost and curves at zero/none. It's all about muscle memory. Had a bad match? Maybe I'll up my SA to 1.0. Had another bad match? Maybe I'll add some smoothing. Maybe I'll try a different dpi. No! That wasn't getting me nowhere. I haven't changed my settings in about a month now and I am playing better than ever.

Also like I said in a previous thread getting the Ventus Z mouse has changed my OW game forever. Most likely because of the superior input lag it offers but I get my ults so much faster now. I always felt like something was wrong with the hit registration / ultimate charge rate while on the Xim. I'd wonder why is their Zarya outgraving me by 2 when I'm high charged and doing so much damage. Well with this mouse for every grav I got now I'm getting 2-3. And my goodness if you can play a decent Zen you'll have trans literally every 40-50 seconds.

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10:55 AM - 02/11/19 »

U realize that I switched to 50-50 sens linear ramp and 30 aim ease in, picked up my controller and had all golds as a DPS in a diamond match? I was also master using controller only before I bought XIM

The aim system feels fine for controller after you tinker with it.  I agree vanilla settings for OW sucks on controller. But their workarounds feel like they work

This is of course me after me playing one game so who knows. I do know I spent 3 hours last night trying all different settings and they all feel garbage.

It feels like Iím playing the game on another gameís ST

I agree to an extent i hit gm with controller but id say pretty much everyone using a controller heavily relys on the very heavy aim assist as the actual raw aim on the game sucks. I always hated it coming from games like call of duty with polished aim mechanics and even with the changes i still think its incomparible.
Mainly play overwatch

Offline whatnowbuddy

• above average.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: WhatNowBuddy
« Reply #11 on: 05:58 PM - 02/11/19 »
i dunno why you would quit over that man, your obviously a good player and have quiet a following.. just stop widowing on console ? or turn AA off .. i feel your pain .. i just dunno why you get so mad over whats out of our control.. or why not try find out how to make a ST that will benefit it ... im sure it cant be that hard if you are as passionate as you are about it..
either way ive really enjoyed reading your posts and watching the always ensueing karnage that follows thanks a bunch!
( no sarcasam or joke intented.)
Progress | Xbox One X | g502HERO | Logitech K200 | Sony Bravia kdl-32w670a |
OW | BFV | BO4 | DESTINY 2

Offline playlogitech

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02:54 AM - 02/12/19 »
Honestly, everything in this game as he said.
I use xim for overwatch since the XIM 4 till XIM APEX. I do not remember any match where I can just aim as other people does. Trying to fight with aim assist all the time I play.

Tried every setup. Different mouse pads, different mouse, different polling rates, Expo with low AA, expo with high AA, Linear ramp with hign and low AA. Even tried to play without AA at all and it feels unplayable, in same time I can reach 3700 on PC with locked 60 fps same as on console.

Everything on ps4 is against us.
Bad Translation.
Input Lag
Poor AA realization from blizzard

But I still play this game, cuz it makes some money for me xD
I hope Overwatch on Playstation 5 will not be locked at 60 fps first of all.

yea btw, I play a lot of widowmaker and ashe too. If it feels "ok", ana's experience just killing my mind.

Offline saItywatch

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08:52 AM - 02/12/19 »
i dunno why you would quit over that man, your obviously a good player and have quiet a following.. just stop widowing on console ? or turn AA off .. i feel your pain .. i just dunno why you get so mad over whats out of our control.. or why not try find out how to make a ST that will benefit it ... im sure it cant be that hard if you are as passionate as you are about it..
either way ive really enjoyed reading your posts and watching the always ensueing karnage that follows thanks a bunch!
( no sarcasam or joke intented.)

Frustrating as @#$% not to be able to build a clean muscle memory. Between me changing my settings (my fault), the new firmware ducking it up, xim team ignoring us, etc etc

I just donít feel like Iím getting anywhere. The game is tons of fun on PC and I feel like Iíll get more clout eventually by going back to PC (used to play a lot of CSGO)

PlayLogirech is also a great streamer.  Heís complaining too. They just donít care about our community.  They love to tell us that we are wrong lol

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12:12 AM - 02/13/19 »

Oh you posted on the eu forum you should use the U.S. forum I think it has more ppl on it and itís the one Jeff and other blizzard devs look at. Also that NLD person trolling in your thread, how bad do you have to be a hardstuck bronze mercy brig 2 trick same with skynet heís salty af because he canít get out of plat, absolutely pathetic 😂
« Last Edit: 12:46 AM - 02/13/19 by ƑȒƐƐĿǾ »