XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Xim apex randomly not working?  (Read 177 times)

Offline BforBAL

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Mossininaruger
[ACTIVE] Xim apex randomly not working?
« on: 05:38 AM - 02/10/19 »
I've had my xim apex for a few months and all of a sudden the past few days  it randomly crashes while I'm using it on my Xbox one, wether it be the mouse the keyboard or controller or any combination just stop working until I unplug it and plug it back in.

I've read through forums and I've done the standard tests with running the controller through each of the ports and everything works fine, and when it crashes while I'm playing the lights aren't changing or blinking, it just stays a solid red which is the color of my config I use.i plug it into the computer and open apex manager and there is zero issues with power or anything being listed to me

I've been using the same red dragon keyboard and mouse since I've bought it and never had problems until the past few days...

Can someone help me narrow this down so I don't go buy each new thing and have it not be the problem. I tested tonight before I went to bed using a different mouse(but the same keyboard) and I had zero crashes in the two hour span I played before I went to bed. So I'll have to play for a few hours tomorrow when I wake up with the new mouse to see if it crashes at all, but why would that mouse I've been using for months just start causing random issues?
« Last Edit: 09:24 AM - 02/10/19 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim apex randomly not working?
« Reply #1 on: 09:24 AM - 02/10/19 »
Welcome to the community. There are a few different things that can affect the stability of your setup. Do you see a change in light activity when this happens and if so please describe the changes. In the meantime I recommend connecting the controller directly to the console to charge. XIM and hub should be disconnected while charging.

Also, could you please share your setup so we can learn more about the issue? Please include both the brand and model.

mouse:
keyboard: reddragon model?
extras: third party usb hub, usb switch, extended usb cables, titan, cronus?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline BforBAL

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Xim apex randomly not working?
« Reply #2 on: 10:14 AM - 02/10/19 »
I use the red dragon s 101 mouse and keyboard combo they sell on amazon, and when it crashes I don't think the color changes at all on the apex I'm pretty sure it stays the same color as my main config which is red. I also don't use a battery pack controller I use a direct connect to the console/or to the apex when I'm using it.

I don't use anything extra, just the mouse keyboard and my controller are the only things plugged in
« Last Edit: 10:20 AM - 02/10/19 by BforBAL »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:37 AM - 02/10/19 »
Thank you. If you happen to have a spare cable it's worth testing another cable with the controller. Otherwise because this isn't occurring with only one device attached this could point to an issue with the device that was not connected or the power draw of your setup is too high. LED peripherals can draw more power than non LED peripherals, even with lighting disabled. When four devices are sharing a power source and some of these devices draw more power than average then stability issues like this can occur.

At this point in troubleshooting you could continue to use the second mouse or you could try adding additional power to your setup by attaching a power adapter to APEX's hub. APEX supports power adapters using the spec below and can be found on amazon or ebay. To prevent damage to your peripherals do not use a power adapter that doesn't match this spec or use a power adapter with an adjustable voltage switch.

5V 3A power adapter  ([3.5mm x 1.35mm], center-positive)

Offline BforBAL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:36 PM - 02/10/19 »
Ok I'll keep you updated on it

Offline BforBAL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:22 PM - 02/11/19 »
Good news as of now, I went and bought a new Xbox remote charger plugin(android charger) and my xim didn't crash yesterday at all and I played for like 9 hours straight

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:16 AM - 02/12/19 »
That's good to hear, I'm glad it helped.