XIM Community

[Apex Legends] - How To: Setup your XIM for Dial Menus - Visual Guide  (Read 24993 times)

Offline Nettitan

• View Profile
Thank you for your great job!

Just a small question. The curve that I see on the image for xim apex is the same for xim4? I cannot copy the code, so I wanted to make the curve by myself.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
When I try the WASD method, when I hit my health menu button my aim goes all the way up if I'm moving foreward.

is there anyway to prevent or minimize this?
Try adding an activation Delay.

Just a small question. The curve that I see on the image for xim apex is the same for xim4? I cannot copy the code, so I wanted to make the curve by myself.

XIM APEX and XIM4 curves code are incompatible, but the curve is the same. On the XIM4 section I posted a XIM4 version of that curve.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Yeyian Spark Keyboard - e-Sports Ventus R - Zowie G-SR

Offline Wappyslack

• View Profile
Must be doing something wrong. When i bind my health to my movement keys with a activation key i get the health pop-up every time i try to move.....

Offline Ender

• View Profile
Must be doing something wrong. When i bind my health to my movement keys with a activation key i get the health pop-up every time i try to move.....

I guess you have WASD for movement and in that case A = Left movement which will interfere with your activation key "A" for health menu.
Try binding something else for activation key, for example "Left Control" or something and see if that helps.
Don't forget to do the same in the HIP key bindings for health menu.

Offline chompa

• 3=D~<3
    • View Profile
    • chompa.net
  • Gamertag: chompa
  • PSN ID: chompa
i haven't read this whole thread so i apologize if a similar curve has been posted already. anyway i found a curve very similar to the one i'm sharing awhile back; I have no idea who made it so i can't give props sorry D: anyway I modified it slightly. this curve makes it super easy to select a direction and lightly lock into it so you don't go flailing around the menu with the slightest move of the wrist... other curves i've tried were too unpredictable and i would end up selecting things i had not intended, but with this i'm able to fairly consistently pick a direction and stick to it.

i have no idea if this link is going to work, but here's a screencap of the curve: https://pasteboard.co/I3IR4Bz.jpg

hope it helps. let me know what you think:

>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1AArGxsbGxsbGxsbHx8fHx8fHx8fI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

edit: 12000dpi. you can increase or reduce your sensitivity to modify the strength of the "locking in" aspect
« Last Edit: 09:10 AM - 03/03/19 by chompa »
xoxo,
chompa

3=D~<3

Offline Ender

• View Profile
i haven't read this whole thread so i apologize if a similar curve has been posted already. anyway i found a curve very similar to the one i'm sharing awhile back; I have no idea who made it so i can't give props sorry D: anyway I modified it slightly. this curve makes it super easy to select a direction and lightly lock into it so you don't go flailing around the menu with the slightest move of the wrist... other curves i've tried were too unpredictable and i would end up selecting things i had not intended, but with this i'm able to fairly consistently pick a direction and stick to it.

i have no idea if this link is going to work, but here's a screencap of the curve: https://pasteboard.co/I3IR4Bz.jpg

hope it helps. let me know what you think:

>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1AArGxsbGxsbGxsbHx8fHx8fHx8fI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

edit: 12000dpi. you can increase or reduce your sensitivity to modify the strength of the "locking in" aspect

Thanks will try it.
Here is the Apex version:

>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:AAAAyAGQCUsX/CasJqwmrCasJqwmrCasJqwmrCasJqwmrCasJqwmrCasJqwmrCasJqwmrCa/JtQm3ibeJt4m3ibeJt4m3ibeJt4m3ibeJt4m3ibeJt4m3ibeJt4m3ibeJugm/CcQ:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

Offline mosterpapa

• View Profile
Everyone has different preference. I usually use dial auxilaries for all my games. Not this one. I make a small circle with my mouse then it let's me easily select the item. If you struggle with this just add turn assist to your hip movement and hold it while you are holding the grenade, heal, or spot key.

What I like is using a cursor auxilary that swaps sticks/ allows mouse movement/ click for selection/ mouse wheel to scroll when I open inventory/looting. I can also use this for character selection and the menu.

I also make  a map auxilary that is similar to my cursor aux.

This. Drag the mouse out a little bit and use a circular motion to select, works every time. The only time it's troublesome is selecting from the ping wheel since there are more options requiring more precision.

Hi guys, new user to xim apex here,

so the Apex legends ST is out, its awesome, but i still have some issues with the ease of using the selection wheels, im guessing that the visual methods have been embedded in? i've use the mouse method to select, but cant get the movement right and struggle to select during firefights, and it basically takes a while to select what i want, is there a video tutorial on how to do it properly?

thanks and much appreciated

Offline Hanger

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Hangerr
My inventory button is Mouse Middle (Wheel click) and after setting up the Inventory subconfig with Mouse Middle as activation (set on Toggle), I can no longer open inventory menu. It just opens up setting/leave party.

Before I had the inventory subconfig set up, clicking on mouse middle would bring up inventory and holding mouse middle would open up settings menu.

Does this happen for anyone else?

Offline Tigerdroppings9

• View Profile
Is there a way to increase the speed of the cursor to get the quick mouse looting feel? I played around with sensitivity but it doesn't increase the speed of the cursor. It feels okay right now but there are times where it feels like I have to move my mouse across my desk to get to an item. Ideally I'd lilke it to be the same speed as my in game sensitivity.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: 03:17 PM - 03/26/19 by Tigerdroppings9 »

Offline jd394y

• View Profile
When creating your AUX configs for health and armor / grenades, where should your sensitivity fall? the same as hip? Ive seen videos saying double the hip.
XIM APEX / Consoles: XBOX X, PS4 Pro / Mouse: Logitech G Pro; 12k DPI, 1000Hz Polling + Logitech G903 12k DPI, 1000hz Polling / Keyboard: Logitech G603 / Monitor: LG 32UD99, 32" 4k IPS, Freesync w/ HDR10 + ASUS ROG PG27UQ,  IPS, 144Hz, GSYNC. | | |  PC SPECS: CPU: 7700k GPU: RTX 2080Ti / RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB LED 32GB

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
When creating your AUX configs for health and armor / grenades, where should your sensitivity fall? the same as hip? Ive seen videos saying double the hip.
Go with the video, its a updated version. But if you are using turn-assist, it doesn't matter because turn assist overdrives XIM sensitivity.

For the Inventory navigation, well I used a slow-turning speed curve to improve mouse movement make it feel more like a PC cursor, on the video Od1n went for higher XIM sens, go and try what ever feels better for you.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Yeyian Spark Keyboard - e-Sports Ventus R - Zowie G-SR

Offline Tigerdroppings9

• View Profile
Go with the video, its a updated version. But if you are using turn-assist, it doesn't matter because turn assist overdrives XIM sensitivity.

For the Inventory navigation, well I used a slow-turning speed curve to improve mouse movement make it feel more like a PC cursor, on the video Od1n went for higher XIM sens, go and try what ever feels better for you.

So I watched the video and the only thing I don't have is the boost setting (I assume this is what will make the cursor faster?) i know you have to update the app but mine doesnt seem to have an update available.

EDIT:For IOS I wasn't aware that you have to download testflight to get the manager update since it doesnt come automatically through the app store.
« Last Edit: 08:00 AM - 04/05/19 by Tigerdroppings9 »

Offline Lion_Army

• View Profile
The screen images do not appear link may be corrupted.

Offline Omarf826

• View Profile

Alan can you explain to me how you got rid of the slow cursor speed with apex when looting the boxes?

Offline Tigerdroppings9

• View Profile

Alan can you explain to me how you got rid of the slow cursor speed with apex when looting the boxes?

Yes Please explain how to get rid of the low cursor speed for the inventory. I Tripled my sensitivity and put the boost on 500 like the video says but it's still slow going long distances with the cursor (I.E. going from one side of the screen to the other seems like it takes along time but the little movements are good.) This may just be as fast as it can go tho.