XIM Community

[Apex Legends] - How To: Setup your XIM for Dial Menus - Visual Guide  (Read 28972 times)

Offline SixShooter

• View Profile
Everyone has different preference. I usually use dial auxilaries for all my games. Not this one. I make a small circle with my mouse then it let's me easily select the item. If you struggle with this just add turn assist to your hip movement and hold it while you are holding the grenade, heal, or spot key.

What I like is using a cursor auxilary that swaps sticks/ allows mouse movement/ click for selection/ mouse wheel to scroll when I open inventory/looting. I can also use this for character selection and the menu.

I also make  a map auxilary that is similar to my cursor aux.
« Last Edit: 04:22 PM - 02/11/19 by SixShooter »

Offline JDSNatt

• View Profile
Everyone has different preference. I usually use dial auxilaries for all my games. Not this one. I make a small circle with my mouse then it let's me easily select the item. If you struggle with this just add turn assist to your hip movement and hold it while you are holding the grenade, heal, or spot key.

What I like is using a cursor auxilary that swaps sticks/ allows mouse movement/ click for selection/ mouse wheel to scroll when I open inventory/looting. I can also use this for character selection and the menu.

What are your Auxilary set ups if you don't mind my asking?

Offline SixShooter

• View Profile
Ignore my sensitivities as they are not all dialed in. I'm also using mouse tilt left as my ping if you see the [.

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Apex Legends] START COPY >>>
X5C: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:X5C
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

Offline SleptKing

• View Profile

This. Drag the mouse out a little bit and use a circular motion to select, works every time. The only time it's troublesome is selecting from the ping wheel since there are more options requiring more precision.

Offline undazpoon

• View Profile
Thanks Alan. I really enjoyed your RDR2 dial setting, also thanks to this tutorial.

But using this setting I found a small problem.

Iím using sony nav, so analog setting. But when Iím running and suddenly press the key for ping, my aim quickly moves to up top. I think itís because Iím pushing sony nav stick to front and same time I press the key for ping, so my nav input is interpreted to right stick movement.

Sure, when I completely stop and press the key for ping (or health....), then it is all OK. But this is fast-paced game. So sometimes I have to press ping button or health button when Iím moving or strafing to left-right.

So how can I solve this problem?

Offline danemanu

• View Profile
Complete guide for us XIM4 users please :)

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Thanks Alan. I really enjoyed your RDR2 dial setting, also thanks to this tutorial.

But using this setting I found a small problem.

I’m using sony nav, so analog setting. But when I’m running and suddenly press the key for ping, my aim quickly moves to up top. I think it’s because I’m pushing sony nav stick to front and same time I press the key for ping, so my nav input is interpreted to right stick movement.

Sure, when I completely stop and press the key for ping (or health....), then it is all OK. But this is fast-paced game. So sometimes I have to press ping button or health button when I’m moving or strafing to left-right.

So how can I solve this problem?

Try adding a 200 ms activation delay to the Ping sub-config.

For XIM4, I think analyzing the principles on this guide you can figure how to do it on XIM4, is actually more straight forward because you don't have to enable expert config, and all the options are already available.

Yes, can be done on XIM4.

I don't have my XIM4 at this moment, borrowed.
« Last Edit: 12:58 PM - 02/12/19 by alanmcgregor »

Offline Sophia1993

• View Profile
Dumb question what is dial menu? I'm quite new to game

Offline DoZZa

• View Profile
Exquisite guide. Thanks :)

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
ADDED XIM4 Quick Guide  ;)

XIM4 Quick Guide

Setting a New Sub-Config

Setting your Method for a Sub-Config
(Ping, Health/Armor, Grenades)

Inventory Sub-Config with Mouse Cursor

CURVE:
>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>> X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANQAwADYAMAA2ACBCYHSEjZOXmpubmpmYl5WUkpGQ:X4MB <<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<
« Last Edit: 04:30 PM - 02/12/19 by alanmcgregor »

Offline unknownuser

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Simply
  • PSN ID: Simply
Can you set up similar menu for looting with left n right click? Wouldn't  it be problematic for every time you press SQUARE you would toggle into that? Any work arounds? Also, high velocity works better imo on this game

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Can you set up similar menu for looting with left n right click? Wouldn't  it be problematic for every time you press SQUARE you would toggle into that? Any work arounds? Also, high velocity works better imo on this game
For looting you can create a SubConfig, use the mouse to move the cursor follow the directions. Your Loot Activation key should be the a secondary RELOAD bind on HIP.

So for reloading you use the primary reload bind, for looting your secondary reload bind so you enter to Loot Subconfig.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Dumb question what is dial menu? I'm quite new to game

Hi!, some games incorporate a dial menu to make commands or select different items.

eg.
Red Dead Redemption 2

Battlefield V

Fortnite

Overwatch

The Division, and many more.

This type of "dials controls" are meant to make a selection using an analog-stick, not a mouse.

Using XIM Mouse translation to make the selection can be quite difficult, you need a very high sensitivity, also moving the mouse in a circular motion is recommended:

Method 1. Using an Analog stick, allows to swap to the Nav analog stick to make the selection.

Method 2. Using turn assist, this increase all your mouse movements, while the turn assist button is held down.

Method 3. Uses the WASD keys, this is useful on menus up to 8 possible slices, because WASD allows 8 directions only.

Offline unknownuser

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Simply
  • PSN ID: Simply
For looting you can create a SubConfig, use the mouse to move the cursor follow the directions. Your Loot Activation key should be the a secondary RELOAD bind on HIP.

So for reloading you use the primary reload bind, for looting your secondary reload bind so you enter to Loot Subconfig.
Hey, would you mind giving me your opinion on the set up that I use which uses High Velocity curve instead of classic. To me this seems to add a lot more turn cap speed, but I may be mistaken. I use this in order to be able to use lower in-game sensitivity

Settings :
4k DPI
1000 HZ
HIP .75 (Common)
ADS 1.05 (Common X/Y 1.05)

In-game
HIP 7
ADS 6
Curve: High Velocity

Or possibly you wouldn't recommend this because the setting wasn't trained for this? I am just trying to find the ideal way to get little aim assist as the turn cap doesn't allow me to play properly without it.

Offline danemanu

• View Profile
ADDED XIM4 Quick Guide  ;)

XIM4 Quick Guide

Setting a New Sub-Config

Setting your Method for a Sub-Config
(Ping, Health/Armor, Grenades)

Inventory Sub-Config with Mouse Cursor

CURVE:
>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>> X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANQAwADYAMAA2ACBCYHSEjZOXmpubmpmYl5WUkpGQ:X4MB <<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

Thanks! I swear I got the inventory thing to work (sometimes strange when I press inventory (f) it started to walk with the mouse instead of going to inventory but now........ Now I can't even have the F as activation key. What the hell is going on??

EDIT: I tried G as inventory, sometimes it works with the mouse, sometimes not. Anyone know why?
I give up :)
« Last Edit: 06:27 AM - 02/13/19 by danemanu »