XIM Community

[Apex Legends] - How To: Setup your XIM for Dial Menus - Visual Guide  (Read 24994 times)

Offline PJHudson

• View Profile
Why can't I set "F" as inventory?????? so strange

I must admit, i've had similar weird problems in the past, are you sure 'F' is not bound to any other action in the sub config, I always un-bind all of my buttons then just map the buttons i need, in the case of the inventory A, X and RB

not sure this will help

Offline Fookerhero

• View Profile
I have “F” as inventory. You can under “Action” on “hip” change to “secondary” button mapping. There you can put different secondary key-binding. I guess you already have follow the step by step guide on how to set up dial menus. Should work that way.

Offline danemanu

• View Profile
Why can't I set "F" as inventory?????? so strange

I must admit, i've had similar weird problems in the past, are you sure 'F' is not bound to any other action in the sub config, I always un-bind all of my buttons then just map the buttons i need, in the case of the inventory A, X and RB

not sure this will help

It worked 2 days ago but I had problems with it sometimes, I didn't try the 150 ms delay part- Then I started to do some other stuff. I tried to create 2 new configs but as soon as I check F and toggle it goes to settings menu and not inventory. I don't get it.

I tried E and C yesterday to with a new config. When I pressed E I did melee and went to inventory, when I went to C it checked the weapon thing and went to inventory. G works perfect, but I really want "F".

Offline PJHudson

• View Profile
this sounds like you have secondary button mappings?

I use F for inventory no problem, but can't get the sub figs that require a k hold to enter to work.

I.e looting and heal dial

Offline danemanu

• View Profile

I use F for inventory no problem, but can't get the sub figs that require a k hold to enter to work.

It sounds like it but I just deleted every Apex config I had, made a new one. Same @#$%! I don't have anything on F. WHat could it be i'm missing? I'm very new to customize xim4.

EDIT: Fixed it! Thanks! haha jeez

Offline PJHudson

• View Profile

It sounds like it but I just deleted every Apex config I had, made a new one. Same @#$%! I don't have anything on F. WHat could it be i'm missing? I'm very new to customize xim4.

What was it? just in case its the same problem im having with the looting menu

Offline danemanu

• View Profile

What was it? just in case its the same problem im having with the looting menu

Haha, you're going to laugh. It's the first time I tried to customize configs. I started off with set the inventory to "F" then create a new subconfig. When I did that, the first config follows so the the subconfig was set to "F" too. But the problem is/was that I thought when I changed the inventory button on HIP, it would change everywhere but that was not the case. So yeah, double inventory which took my to settings. Sorry and thanks for your help!

Offline danemanu

• View Profile
How do you solve looting?

1. I have reload/looting on R. It's a problem for me in the beginning if you have loot fast on the ground then the aim will get stuck until I deactivate it. What do you recommend?

2. How do you scroll when looting? The mousewheel is not good, how do I do so I move the mouse up and down like usual when looting.

Offline Xenaph1

• View Profile
How do you solve looting?

1. I have reload/looting on R. It's a problem for me in the beginning if you have loot fast on the ground then the aim will get stuck until I deactivate it. What do you recommend?

2. How do you scroll when looting? The mousewheel is not good, how do I do so I move the mouse up and down like usual when looting.

I have the same problem. My mouse is boy enough fast to
Scroll down when i’m Looting and no Bouton bind work...

Offline ocelotdelta

• View Profile
how well does this work for LOOTING tho where you need to often scroll down a lot quickly

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
For scrolling the loot, at loot subconfig you can bind wheel down  to right joystick down and wheel up to right joystick up.

Personally i prefer W and S, is faster might not feel like a mouse navigation, but works
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Yeyian Spark Keyboard - e-Sports Ventus R - Zowie G-SR

Offline ocelotdelta

• View Profile
For scrolling the loot, at loot subconfig you can bind wheel down  to right joystick down and wheel up to right joystick up.

Personally i prefer W and S, is faster might not feel like a mouse navigation, but works
hmm you have a point there. but i was thinking so i like to select items with WASD(left stick cursor) like you. but i wish i could scroll up and down faster. Would there be a way to make an aux that lets me scroll up and down with scroll wheel?

Offline Fookerhero

• View Profile

hmm you have a point there. but i was thinking so i like to select items with WASD(left stick cursor) like you. but i wish i could scroll up and down faster. Would there be a way to make an aux that lets me scroll up and down with scroll wheel?

It can be done. But in my experience the wheel is really unresponsive. You got to scroll like crazy in order to get it to move.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Thanks for your comments fellas. Glad this guide is working for you.

I notice an influx of players asking on how to set this up again.

I suggest mods consider to pin this topic.  ;)

Thanks.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Yeyian Spark Keyboard - e-Sports Ventus R - Zowie G-SR

Offline xenoroyal

• View Profile
When I try the WASD method, when I hit my health menu button my aim goes all the way up if I'm moving foreward.

is there anyway to prevent or minimize this?