XIM Community

PS4 Pro and headset  (Read 71 times)

Offline noregretd

• View Profile
PS4 Pro and headset
« on: 04:58 PM - 02/09/19 »
Hello everyone. I know that plugging in the headset into controller does not work. I have XIM 4 and I have my PS4 Pro connected to a 5.1 surround sound system. I want to be able to chat on PSN network. If I get the Sony wireless headset, it will cover both of my ears and I believe that the game sound will come through the headset as well. I want to continue using the sound system for game volume. I do have a 1 ear gaming headset with 3.5mm jack. What if I get USB to 3.5 mm extension cable and connect it to PS4 Pro this way. Will this be equivalent to plugging in the headset into the controller without XIM 4? or Do I need to get a soundcard and plug in my headset into sound card connected to PS4 Pro via USB?
Thank you very much for your help

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: PS4 Pro and headset
« Reply #1 on: 05:18 PM - 02/09/19 »
Unfortunately XIM4 doesn't support controller connected chat. A USB option would be needed, yes a USB soundcard may allow your stereo headset to work with the console over USB instead of using the controller.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline fe7felix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:33 PM - 02/09/19 »
if u have a second controller, u could create a second account on ur ps, get in a party with ur second account and plug a headset into ur second controller.  may sound confusing, but its easy after all. the con is that u occupie 2 spaces in party if u play big party games

Offline noregretd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:14 PM - 02/11/19 »
Thank you for your replies. I found an old USB headset and an USB extension cable in my closet. It works very well while my in-game audio goes through my Bose 5.1 surround system.  Second controller option is very interesting, however, some people in the party might accuse me of cheating. As a matter of fact, i do not tell anyone on my friend's list on PSN that I am using XIM. I only tell this to my friends in real life and obviously to people on this website , hehe