XIM Community

**FIXED** Azeron “broken” literally minutes after removing from box. **FIXED**  (Read 977 times)

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
First thing I do is plug it in to see if it is plug and play with the Apex, doesn’t work.

Start powering up my laptop so I can download he software and whilst that does it’s hing I decide to adjust the fingers on the Azeron ( they came loosened and pretty much flopping left and right )

Notice the ring finger is moving up and down slightly and I just guess I have to tighten the screw, get to doing that with no luck then the whole thing just comes out of place.

The little gold thing that’s attached inside the fingers ( the screw moves in and out of that ) is at the base of the Azeron compared to the others which seem to be glued or screwed inside of the fingers.

Screws gone blunt so I can’t get it out, not sure what to do........
« Last Edit: 01:37 PM - 02/09/19 by JDM »
| Apex ~ Glorious Model O- ~ Azeron Compact ~ X-Raypad THOR ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline EmanueleCiriachi

• View Profile
You need to tighten the screws of each finger after you adapt them to your hand; you can change their orientation and length; read the manual, it explains it fairly well:

https://azeron.eu/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Azeron-Manual-V2.0.pdf
GNaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
You need to tighten the screws of each finger after you adapt them to your hand; you can change their orientation and length; read the manual, it explains it fairly well:

https://azeron.eu/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Azeron-Manual-V2.0.pdf

Did exactly that.
| Apex ~ Glorious Model O- ~ Azeron Compact ~ X-Raypad THOR ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
Nothing to do with the screw itself, the little gold thing wasn’t in place and now once I tried to adjust the screw ( tighten it ) it’s moved the gold thing closer to the base ( its touching now ) and is no longer connected to the finger of the Azeron.

Offline EmanueleCiriachi

• View Profile
Can you post a picture?

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
Ill try, I’m using iPhone.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
http://imgur.com/rFWGz1t

Pretty sure those little gold things aren’t supposed to come out from the finger.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
Everything’s working like the buttons are working whilst connected to the Xim as there’s nothing wrong with the wires, just this finger....

It’s usable just it noves around and now I can’t adjust how far forward or backwards that specific finger is.

Every other screw and finger is fine...

Guess I was just really unlucky.

F’s in the chat for me ;D

Offline EmanueleCiriachi

• View Profile
So, one of the screws that is used to lock one of the "fingers" in place has come loose?

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
So, one of the screws that is used to lock one of the "fingers" in place has come loose?

Yup, the gold thing.

The black screws which you twist go inside the gold screws which are shown in the image.

The gold screws go inside the fingers, it seems it may have been glued in, not sure.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
Just want everyone to know, this is not Imants fault, the box was pretty messy and he did a great job of packing it.

I should be able to fix it with some glue but I’m going to wait for some tips from him so I don’t mess it up :)

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
And I’ll need a new screw. Lol.

Offline buford

• View Profile
Mine did the same thing on palm rest with two of the screws. Tried to secure but still wobbly. Returning and he's going to replace.
PS3 | C:PS3 | XIM Edge | 1021| Mon: BenQ XL2420T | Pad: STEELSERIES 9HD | KB: Qpad MK-85| A: Turtle Beach PX5 | M:Logitech G500| D:3600 | P:1000 | COD HIP:22.30 ADS:20.65

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
I have fixed it with some tips from Imants, I’ve told him he should double check the brass as that seems to be the issue.

I had none of the equipment he was telling me to use ( I’m only 16 ) but with a hammer and a lighter, i seem to have fixed it lol.

If anyone else is having this issue, please PM me before you return it.

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
I have fixed it with some tips from Imants, I’ve told him he should double check the brass as that seems to be the issue.

I had none of the equipment he was telling me to use ( I’m only 16 ) but with a hammer and a lighter, i seem to have fixed it lol.

If anyone else is having this issue, please PM me before you return it.
Can PM me too :)
I found that some people trying thigh screws to much, please don't as You pull out brass inserts, they are inserted by soldering iron and can be pulled out by overtightening screws.