XIM Community

I learned to never mention XIM in a Reddit gaming thread  (Read 873 times)

Offline vice350z

• View Profile
I posted up asking a question about BFV and BO4 in a gaming reddit page and mentioned that I use a XIM Apex on my PS4...holy cow. Downvoted and just hated. I explained, not that I needed to, that I use Xim because I stink at using a controller and makes the game more frustrating to play. XIM allows me to play with what I'm more comfortable with and enjoy the game that much more. They weren't having any of that. Just ridiculing me...it was quite humorous.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: I learned to never mention XIM in a Reddit gaming thread
« Reply #1 on: 10:30 PM - 02/08/19 »
WELL YOUíRE A CHEATING HACKER AND MY UNCLE AT MCDONALDS WHOS FRIEND WORKS FOR WINDOWS 10 IS GOING TO BAN YOU IN 24HOURS!
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:07 PM - 02/08/19 »
Controller users think that we just use XIM to try and stomp on them when in reality most of us arenít even that good and just prefer to use mouse and keyboard for FPS but donít play on PC, so XIM allows us to use our preferred input method. Also they act like XIM is something only special people have access to, if they really think it turns you into god they should try it out themselves. Then they can see that it does not turn you into god

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:22 PM - 02/08/19 »
Exactly, the dumbest thing I hear anti-Xim kids say is ď You spent £100 / $100 to use mouse and keyboard ď

A Xim + a Keyboard and a good mouse costs less than a scuff or one of those modded controllers, like......
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline JT Jenkins

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:26 PM - 02/09/19 »
The upvoting of anti-XIM comments on Reddit turns into a big circle jerk quickly, just don't even mention it because they are ignorant. I fall into the category of an average FPS player myself on controller or XIM for that matter. I only wish XIM did make me Godlike like those Reddit @#$% think it does! In my case, playing on XIM relieved severe right thumb tendinitis caused by the controller, which was the main reason why I got it.

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:19 PM - 02/10/19 »

I only wish XIM did make me Godlike like those Reddit @#$% think it does!

Yeah you do have to be pretty skilled at FPS to take full advantage of XIM. If youíre average on a controller youíll most likely be average on XIM (there are probably a few exceptions to that rule but it applies to most ppl I would assume)
« Last Edit: 05:43 PM - 02/10/19 by ƑȒƐƐĿǾ »

Offline parjn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:44 PM - 02/10/19 »
I agree, I've had the xim for more than a month now and it's good, I actually can aim better, but I'm definitely not much better than using controller only.
PS4 Slim | Corsair K68 | Logitech g502 | Xim Apex | Azeron Original

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:54 PM - 02/10/19 »
haters ganna hater..... most controller users also abuse there settings as well, on top of the fact they use aftermarket controllers..

isnt gaming ment to be fun ? i dont find a FPS on controller fun at all. as ive said many a time untill i got my apex i hardly gamed because like you OP, i find it frustrating missing and being unable to hit stuff i know that i should be hitting and i dont wanna play with a stupid thumb stick, take it back to the time when we learnt on consoles(older gamers) .....
we didnt even have 1 thumb stick let alone 2... maybe you cant teach an old dog new tricks hahaha.

Progress | Xbox One X | g502HERO | Logitech K200 | Sony Bravia kdl-32w670a |
OW | BFV | BO4 | DESTINY 2

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #8 on: 03:25 AM - 02/11/19 »
I posted up asking a question about BFV and BO4 in a gaming reddit page and mentioned that I use a XIM Apex on my PS4...holy cow. Downvoted and just hated. I explained, not that I needed to, that I use Xim because I stink at using a controller and makes the game more frustrating to play. XIM allows me to play with what I'm more comfortable with and enjoy the game that much more. They weren't having any of that. Just ridiculing me...it was quite humorous.
Link to the thread? I just love reading the opinions of pitchfork-wielding, luddite, XIMophobes. ;)
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, CM Swift RX, Audio Technica ATH AD700, Soundblaster X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #9 on: 03:28 AM - 02/11/19 »

I only wish XIM did make me Godlike like those Reddit @#$% think it does!

Yeah you do have to be pretty skilled at FPS to take full advantage of XIM. If youíre average on a controller youíll most likely be average on XIM (there are probably a few exceptions to that rule but it applies to most ppl I would assume)
I'm equally average on PS4 with the XIM as I am on PC. But I'm atrocious on either with a controller! :)
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, CM Swift RX, Audio Technica ATH AD700, Soundblaster X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #10 on: 11:28 AM - 02/11/19 »
Here's the first rule of being happy and successful at life: Don't care what anyone on Reddit says.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02:55 PM - 02/11/19 »
am i right in assuming reddit is just a website to unite uniformed people so they can talk smack about stuff they know nothing about??

Progress | Xbox One X | g502HERO | Logitech K200 | Sony Bravia kdl-32w670a |
OW | BFV | BO4 | DESTINY 2

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12:51 AM - 02/12/19 »
I once made a Reddit thread saying the only way to reduce XIM users would be to offer really good native M&KB support, split match making, with M&KB exclusive features (eg hip learning for Siege). I got trashed to hell.

So even when you offer constructive advice you get torn up. They have no freaking idea what they want.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD mousepad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline Mickey Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07:30 AM - 02/12/19 »
They seem to think all a person has to do is plug in a XIM and they turn into flawless headshot machines, with no human error. It's as if every XIM comes pre-loaded with an aimbot.

They don't understand that the XIM isn't any different than any other peripheral, you have to put in work if you want to be good and make the most of it.

I think they use the XIM as a scapegoat for their lack of skill with a pad. You see it on PC all the time, ""I didn't lose that gunfight because of my poor aim,the other player is using an aimbot!"

In this case, replace 'aimbot' with XIM.

Perhaps they should complain less and practice more with their preferred peripheral.

Offline parjn

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11:17 AM - 02/12/19 »
They seem to think all a person has to do is plug in a XIM and they turn into flawless headshot machines, with no human error. It's as if every XIM comes pre-loaded with an aimbot.

They don't understand that the XIM isn't any different than any other peripheral, you have to put in work if you want to be good and make the most of it.

I think they use the XIM as a scapegoat for their lack of skill with a pad. You see it on PC all the time, ""I didn't lose that gunfight because of my poor aim,the other player is using an aimbot!"

In this case, replace 'aimbot' with XIM.

Perhaps they should complain less and practice more with their preferred peripheral.

I totally agree with you on this one. some dude last night was complaining that I was modding. First message I got about it. I don't modd. Just got a xim. But i didn't tell him that, I'd have gotten trashed.
PS4 Slim | Corsair K68 | Logitech g502 | Xim Apex | Azeron Original