XIM Community

Xbox button blinks  (Read 160 times)

Offline aeon70

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
Xbox button blinks
« on: 05:41 PM - 02/05/19 »
Having an issue with xbox one controller not working correctly but keyboard and mouse work fine. The xbox controllers xbox button is blinking with my headset plugged in but cant here anything.  The keyboard and mouse work fine, but if i hold the xbox button for a few seconds it stays on and it works fine with sound in headset. But now the keyboard and mouse don't work.  I've unplugged the xim apex and plugged it back in but keeps doing it.  I've had all these components working together just fine. So what am i doing wrong now?

Offline mist4fun

  • Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • *
  • Posts: 52435
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox button blinks
« Reply #1 on: 10:35 AM - 02/06/19 »
I recommend testing the Audio Compatibility Mode in the Identity section of your config.

Could you please share your setup so we can learn more about the issue? Please include both the brand and model.

audio equipment:
mouse:
keyboard:
extras: third party usb hub, usb switch, extended usb cables, titan, cronus?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Indestructible2

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Indestructible2
Re: Xbox button blinks
« Reply #2 on: 07:54 PM - 02/06/19 »
I have had this problem many many times. Every time is because the cord on the controller becomes disconnected. Even just a little bump can be enough to cause it or if you have vibration on that will also cause it. For some reason the XB1 controller dosnt hold a cord secure at all. Plug it in to where the controller an headset are working then unplug to reset the Apex. That works for me 99% of the time with the other 1% being the cord itself. If your not doing it already turn vibration off on the console an set the controller to where it or the cord is not disturbed in any way.

Offline aeon70

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox button blinks
« Reply #3 on: 04:27 PM - 02/07/19 »
@mist4fun the only thing connected is the xim apex. Headset is turtlebeach recon, mouse and keyboard are corsair set k55. All of it is walmart cheap stuff but runs decent enough for me.

@indestructible2. Thanks for advice, I'll give that a try next time it does it. Not sure how but i did manage to get it all working about 5 minutes later.