XIM Community

[Help] Elite: Dangerous - Building config for unsupported game  (Read 351 times)

Offline Yellan

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Yellan
Hi I'm looking to get some help in building a custom config for an unsupported game. Since there's no STs for elite dangerous specifically, I have to choose one from the list that best matches the feel. I've noticed at the bottom there are configs labeled Generic Alpha/Beta/Gamma/Delta/Epsilon. What are these?

On this thread https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=30363.1230 I've noticed a user posted some information that looks pertinent to building an ST for elite, though I don't think it'll help much in blind testing already existing STs.

Any additional info would be great, basically I'm gonna be messing with all sorts of translators until I get one that works best with ship pitch/yaw and config roll/directional thrusters on keyboard. Any information on how to do that slightly better and/or any experience anyone can share about elite would be greatly appreciated.

Last question, does the Xim Link software only work for the xim apex? Or could I configure that to work for xim4? Being able to use software macros would be a godsend for configuring elite dangerous since there's so many button+direction combos needed for elite, and you can only configure a set of 2 with the way xim4 normally works.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
XIM Link is built for APEX and doesn't work with XIM4. XIM4 does have SandhawC though which does the same thing but I believe XIM Link is the superior app. About using the generic configs, I recommend building these configs in order of deadzone, yx ratio, synchronize, then curve. Don't move on to the next step until your satisfied with the current setup and it's settings. To adjust deadzone raise boost as needed. If you're not using the latest build in beta then boost isn't available and you can remove the deadzone by raising the first ballistics curve position, this is the 0th position in the graph. Once the deadzone has been eliminated work on equalizing the yx ratio while moving the mouse vertical and horizontal. Sync and curve adjustments may be personal preference or dependent on the game. YX ratio may change between generic configs but the boost or curve position value you came up with shouldn't so be sure to continue using these values when testing other generic configs.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos