XIM Community

Apex Legends Discussion and Config Suggestions  (Read 75397 times)

Offline Gaben22

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Multipletooth18
Re: Apex Legends Discussion and Config Suggestions
« Reply #405 on: 04:17 PM - 02/21/19 »
I've tried a LOT of configs, and this is the one I've finally settled on that works best for me:

Logitech G502 Hero
4000 DPI
Cloth mat
1000hz

In game sense:7/6
High Velocity Curve

Hip

Sensitivity: 1.9
Sync: Default
Smoothing: 3
Y/X: 1.08
Ballistic Curve:
>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:AAABfAL4BHQF8AdsCOgKZAvgDVwO2BBUEdATTBTIFkQXwBk8GrgcNB2wHywgqCIkI6ClHCUwJUQlWCVsJYAllCWoJbwl0CXkJfgmDCYgJjQmSCZcJnAmhCaYJqwmwCbUJugm/CcQ:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

ADS

Sensitivity: 2.60
Y/X: 1.57

No curve.

This setup is so good but without being able to use the meds wheel and looting death stashes so slow it's unuseable. Could there be a simple aux to use? Kinda got one for meds wheel but looting still VERY slow!

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: YouTube_d1sable
« Reply #406 on: 07:19 PM - 02/21/19 »
Just set an aux config double ur hip but with turn assist.

Have the aux config button the same as the turn assist button and one that u can easily hold whilst looting.

Easy pzy

Offline BigBen

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BigBen_JM
« Reply #407 on: 01:27 AM - 02/22/19 »
@Gaben22

There is a very good in-depth guide from alanmcgrecor of how to setup that stuff up. For looting I use my mouse (left click = A, right click =X) and my joystick (I use an Azeron) scrolls through the stashes.

Works fantastic I would have loved to know that way earlier. I Made an auxillary called "mouse" for this. I use an easy accesable button to activate it while pressed (so no toggle). I am going to use this aux for all the games I play as it is a really easy way to navigate the menus too.

A little bit faster (for menus would be nice) but the trick is to move slow with your mouse, you will see that is goes faster .

Offline PAbZFTW

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 03:33 AM - 02/22/19 »
I've tried a LOT of configs, and this is the one I've finally settled on that works best for me:

Logitech G502 Hero
4000 DPI
Cloth mat
1000hz

In game sense:7/6
High Velocity Curve

Hip

Sensitivity: 1.9
Y/X: 1.08
Ballistic Curve:
>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:AAABfAL4BHQF8AdsCOgKZAvgDVwO2BBUEdATTBTIFkQXwBk8GrgcNB2wHywgqCIkI6ClHCUwJUQlWCVsJYAllCWoJbwl0CXkJfgmDCYgJjQmSCZcJnAmhCaYJqwmwCbUJugm/CcQ:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

ADS

Sensitivity: 2.60
Y/X: 1.57

No curve.

This setup is so good but without being able to use the meds wheel and looting death stashes so slow it's unuseable. Could there be a simple aux to use? Kinda got one for meds wheel but looting still VERY slow!

I use W and S keys to scroll up and down and my mouse to select when looting. Binded the activation key for the Aux on a spare button on my mouse. For health you can use the inventory to apply if you don't want to use the wheel.

Offline Ender

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 04:16 AM - 02/22/19 »

Have the aux config button the same as the turn assist button and one that u can easily hold whilst looting.

Easy pzy

For a stupid person like me, would that mean the following in my case? (haven't been able to try it yet):

I have my Health menu set to primary key "G" and secondary key "2" in HIP settings.

If I create a new sub-config, lets call it "Health"; should I set this one to activation key "G" and turn assist button to "G" also?
This would mean that I can only hold down "G" key and them select item with my mouse?

When I played around with these sub-configs earlier with turn assist on different key I had some issues with it because if I moved my mouse exactly the same time when I activated the sub-config, the camera would go crazy for a split second (for example go from looking forward to look straight up in the air or ground).
I had to stay put with the mouse when I pressed the activation key for the sub config all the time which I of course forgot all the time in the heat of the game.

Offline PAbZFTW

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 04:33 AM - 02/22/19 »

Easy pzy

For a stupid person like me, would that mean the following in my case? (haven't been able to try it yet):

I have my Health menu set to primary key "G" and secondary key "2" in HIP settings.

If I create a new sub-config, lets call it "Health"; should I set this one to activation key "G" and turn assist button to "G" also?
This would mean that I can only hold down "G" key and them select item with my mouse?

When I played around with these sub-configs earlier with turn assist on different key I had some issues with it because if I moved my mouse exactly the same time when I activated the sub-config, the camera would go crazy for a split second (for example go from looking forward to look straight up in the air or ground).
I had to stay put with the mouse when I pressed the activation key for the sub config all the time which I of course forgot all the time in the heat of the game.

Have your turn assist and hip increase button on a separate config and set to a button you can easily press whilst activating grenade aux for example. Otherwise you will get that crazy speed when you activate grenade. I use middle mouse for my turn assist.

Offline Geserit

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Geserit
« Reply #411 on: 06:29 AM - 02/22/19 »
hi guys, sorry i am new to xim and i had my first try using a modified oculus mikki config as this was to quick for me in close combat. I also went down from 8/8 to 7/7 - I am sure i will find my settings BUT:

Is there any config which makes the gear changes in the inventory menu easier???
I need soooo long with wsad to navigate. Is there any config where I can push a button and than navigate the left sick on my mouse? and if I release this button the right stick is on my mouse again?

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Offline BigBen

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BigBen_JM
« Reply #412 on: 09:14 AM - 02/22/19 »
come on guys, it has been mentioned many times in this thread now.

Alanmcgregor made a perfect guide how to setup up your healing/ping/whatever menu;

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=75392.0

Offline lilnagle

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 02:41 PM - 02/22/19 »
come on guys, it has been mentioned many times in this thread now.

Alanmcgregor made a perfect guide how to setup up your healing/ping/whatever menu;

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=75392.0

alan's guide should be stickied....if it isn't already....i understand people dont look through all 20+ pages before posting

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 04:55 PM - 02/22/19 »
So how exactly do you use xim and titan together? Probably stupid question but I'm interested in it and would appreciate a quick run ove. Been using a xim for a while so know all about that but not how the titan works
Very quickie, don't want to disrupt this thread, I'm not Titan Two representative just another happy owner.

In short: Titan Two is basically a stand alone* device, allows you to add macro and script capabilities to any controller. XIM APEX and XIM4 are seen as a controller.
This how you setup Titan Two with a controller

This is one of many options to use Titan Two with XIM

All the gamepacks (collection of mods) and the majority of scripts in the community works with this setup.

Stand alone I mean, it doesn't need to be connected to a computer all the time, in order to work (only when adding scripts to its internal memory).

I'm XIM user do I need a Titan Two?
No. But your gaming experience will be greatly improve.

Titan Two only allows you get more input manipulation options, like: spamming buttons with a single press. Make a button is automatically press after some event like releasing another one, and many more. By its own right T2 allows you to use many controllers with your console, foot-switches, fly-sticks and driving wheels. It does have its own Mouse and Keyboard support is not as advance and powerful than XIM, in some games works pretty well though, and his creator is fully aware of it, and fully supports XIM4 and XIM APEX 100%.

That's it.
« Last Edit: 05:06 PM - 02/22/19 by alanmcgregor »

Offline lextheimpaler

• View Profile
How to Select on Dials Menus Ping/Throwables/Health and Armor

I think, at the Training room if you don't do the lesson, (e.g. where is asking for use your ultimate, don't deploy it) it continues endlessly.

BTW this is another game where analog input is very handy, for inventory and dial's controls.

How would you recommend setting this up using the analog inputs to make the scrolling through items a bit easier? I don't usually play games that use them.

Option 1. Using an Analog Stick for dial Selection.

Assuming that you have an analog stick for movement: Nav/G13/JoyCon.
You require to create an auxiliary input for:
Ping (R1|RB), where the button bind to R1|RB should be your Activation Key on Hold (Toggle is untick)

Throwables (Right D-Pad), where the button bind to Right D-Pad should be your Activation Key on Hold (Toggle is untick)

Health/Armor (Up D-Pad), where the button bind to Up D-Pad should be your Activation Key on Hold (Toggle is untick)

On every single Auxiliary Sub-Config you have to swap the analog stick, like this:

This way, while you holding your Ping Button (Auxiliary Ping Sub-config), and the dial pops up you can select with the thumb-stick accurately instead of the mouse. By far is the best choice, more natural and accurate.

Option 2. Using Turn Assist selecting with the mouse.
If you are using a keypad or keyboard, well is a bit more complicated. Instead of swapping the sticks. You need to assign a Turn Assist Key, hold that button and the menu button (Ping) to make a selection moving your mouse.

Option 3. Using WASD to select on dial.

Where instead of swapping the sticks, or using Turn Assist, you go to Movement Section on the Ping Sub-Config you created. Clear the WASD for the left stick, and bind WASD to the Right Stick. Now when you hold the Ping Button/Ping Subconfig, the dial pops up and you use WASD to select.

option 1 doesnt work for orbweaver joystick. any help?

Offline jerrylee

• View Profile
option 1 doesnt work for orbweaver joystick. any help?

It doesn't work because the Orbweaver joystick is digital, not analog.

Offline Darkest Inferno

• Dom Baker
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 11:35 AM - 02/23/19 »
Hello everyone has anyone’s apex settings felt off since yesterday the 22nd? I used to break in and out of the AA bubble with ease up until yesterday it felt like I was fighting with my aimer to break the AA Bubble. Not sure if it’s been server issues but it felt wierd. Had dialed settings now they don’t work as well. Anyone know of any aim mechanics or AA updates they did to Apex recently?
Former halo 2/3 competitor just trying to win one game at a time :) main games used to be halo 2/3 but now are red dead redemption 2 and fortnite. Now mostly play on PS4 as well.

Offline InZaneHD

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 02:12 PM - 02/23/19 »
Right now im using 4k dpi default sync 27/27 xim sens, ingame 7/6 sens classic curve and small deadzone and having a hard time getting those hits. Feels like zero AA. What can i do to get a little more AA without changing ingame ads speed? Adding SAB or some smoothing?
Xbox One X | XIM APEX | Glorious Model O | QPAD MK-90 | Astro A40

Offline lev33

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 07:42 PM - 02/24/19 »
Right now im using 4k dpi default sync 27/27 xim sens, ingame 7/6 sens classic curve and small deadzone and having a hard time getting those hits. Feels like zero AA. What can i do to get a little more AA without changing ingame ads speed? Adding SAB or some smoothing?

Try using a synchronization = common (you’ll have to convert your sensitivity)

Default to common ÷2, so 13.5.

Try that before adding Smoothing.

Also you can add Steady Aim of up to 7 without any noticeable negative effects while you are on Common sync.

Adding Simulated Analog Behavior also increases AA because AA is based in large part on movement (and the AA mechanic wasn’t created with raw keyboard input in-mind). Try 30-50. I started having problems noticeable to me once I raised it to 60.