XIM Community

Apex Legends Discussion and Config Suggestions  (Read 62651 times)

Offline unknownuser

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Simply
  • PSN ID: Simply
I tried the official ST, loved it.

It does fixes some deadzone imbalance I noticed with T2 and PUBG ST's.

Good Job mist4fun thank you!.

Same in-game settings than Titan Fall 2?

EDIT: Did see his post, sorry.

ST performance is very smooth. I wasn't able to support the linear aim mode, classic will be used with a small deadzone. There is no ETA, just sharing the information I have to help ease the wait.

So yep, this:

Sensitivity: 8
Response Curve: Classic
Deadzone: Small
Is it ok to use 7 sensitivity for aim assist. 8 gives non. Can I go as low as 6 for ADS?

Offline Rondizzler

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rondizzler
700+ kills
60+ wins
Lvl 48

PUBG ST
12k dpi
In game 7, 7
Sync default
Hip 11
ADS 4

Simple and dominant, your welcome
FOV 90

Your delay is 0?  and do you have sat on or off?

yeah, dude don't touch that stuff... no need to, leave it default
proof or you do not have 700 kills. Lets see those badges.

Explain to me how to post a picture on here and you got it ;)

What is hip, ads, and sync?

I'm not smart

Offline redhat4

• View Profile
I thought the ST wasnít out? I downloaded it on my xim4 just now

Offline neat

• View Profile
Great, gonna try the ST out tonight!

Anyone has any suggested smooth keybindings for this game?

Offline Darkest Inferno

• Dom Baker
    • View Profile
Idk about you but Iím struggling so hard to find settings that work on the new Apex ST. Only saving grace I found was off sync that felt good but as far as 8,8 as recommended all Iíve tried just feels wierd itís slow but whenever you try and move moderately fast it just flys. Then I go back to 7,7 and it feels a lot better. Not sure about Apex ST 8,8 yet. Any luck with settings anyone?
Former halo 2/3 competitor just trying to win one game at a time :) main games used to be halo 2/3 but now are red dead redemption 2 and fortnite. Now mostly play on PS4 as well.

Offline cataklysque

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: cataklysque
Idk about you but Iím struggling so hard to find settings that work on the new Apex ST. Only saving grace I found was off sync that felt good but as far as 8,8 as recommended all Iíve tried just feels wierd itís slow but whenever you try and move moderately fast it just flys. Then I go back to 7,7 and it feels a lot better. Not sure about Apex ST 8,8 yet. Any luck with settings anyone?

I just copied my settings from tf2 profile and changed sync from common to default, adjusted xim sens until it felt close to the tf2 profile, seemed great to me.

Left in game sens at 7 hip and 7 ads, keep hitting the turn speed limit but I need to see how this feels before forgoing all aim assist at 8.

Donít mind forgoing aim assist if the look mechanic is close enough to PC (black ops 4 was pretty @#$% close)

Offline deadlyhandsomeman

• View Profile

I've been playing on 8,8 at 12,000 DPI using a G502 Proteus. Hip is 11, ADS is 7. Both feel slow at that sens (can only 180, not 360, and adjustments when ADSing feel crazy slow but I mostly play range with the snipers/DMRs and the Wingman so it works out). Won two games with the new ST last night, which is more than I can say for the TF2 one, but definitely need to up the sens in-app for it to feel right. Haven't tried it with AA from dropping to 7,7 yet.

Offline neat

• View Profile
Just tried the new ST, im hitting the turn speed limit way too easily despite low sens? This didnt happen with the PUBG ST.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Apex Legends Discussion and Config Suggestions
« Reply #263 on: 12:37 PM - 02/11/19 »
The turn speed limit for AL is about the same size as Halo or Destiny, not as fast as we would hope for but enough to compete.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline M1GATRON

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: M1GATRON
  • PSN ID: M1GATRON

I just copied my settings from tf2 profile and changed sync from common to default, adjusted xim sens until it felt close to the tf2 profile, seemed great to me.

Left in game sens at 7 hip and 7 ads, keep hitting the turn speed limit but I need to see how this feels before forgoing all aim assist at 8.

Donít mind forgoing aim assist if the look mechanic is close enough to PC (black ops 4 was pretty @#$% close)
I see a few individuals below express the same issue. I started with the Apex ST from scratch and it is awesome, feels just right.

You may want to maybe start fresh if you haven't? I am using the latest beta firmware, if that helps.

I am running at game sensitivity at 8, 8 and aim assist seems to be working just fine. But haven't confirmed 100% only tried it in training mode. I would go with the suggested settings first; try the settings in the game trainer and adjust accordingly.

I am not hitting turn speeds at all and using the default in app ST settings for both Hip and ADS. I did make some additional aux pages for the directional buttons associated to the menus for health and grenades and increased the speed from 15 to 17 as that seems to work faster for me when moving the mouse for menu selection.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 12:44 PM - 02/11/19 »
And this scenario keeps repeating every single game release hehe.

1. New game came

2. XIMers who CAN NOT WAIT, start to play with an ST not trained/polished/tune for the game aim/look mechanics

3. They got used to it, regardless acquiring bad habits using a sub-par ST.

4. mist4fun release the official ST after working like a true craftsman on it, regardless the pressure.

5. Then those XIMers (2) said is Official ST is not good enough, is not working properly, bla bla bla.  ::)
sorry piiwii I going to steal your phrase, I roll my eyes so hard so I can see the back of my neck.

mist4fun, I know your pain man hehe
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Yeyian Spark Keyboard - e-Sports Ventus R - Zowie G-SR

Offline Eric_L

• View Profile
For those with a Titan Two if you use AlanMcgregor's Universal script for xim apex and set one of the presets to 10 / 10 it makes the Hemlock Full auto on semi auto.

Where I can find the Titan 2 Script?
Thanks in advance.

If you have the Titan Two device itself go into Online resources in the software on your computer of choice and type in xim apex. Scroll down until you see the universal one for Xim Apex by AlanMcgregor. Hold time 10 / Wait time 10 and it makes it full auto and makes the hemlock my gun of choice every game. Haven't perfected it yet but it works very well so far. The only gun I've really tested so far. The same setup goes for the R-301 on semi auto.
*PS4 Pro
*GPro Wireless 500hz / 16,000 DPI
*K70 RGB Mk.2 Low Profile Cherry Mx: Speed
*Xim Apex 1000hz | Titan Two
*Hip sens: 500 | Ads sens: 222.22 | X/Y Ratio: 2.60
*Smoothing 6 | Sync: OFF | Right Stick Deadzone: 0
*Rainbow Six Siege - Diamond

Offline Eric_L

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 01:12 PM - 02/11/19 »
And this scenario keeps repeating every single game release hehe.

1. New game came

2. XIMers who CAN NOT WAIT, start to play with an ST not trained/polished/tune for the game aim/look mechanics

3. They got used to it, regardless acquiring bad habits using a sub-par ST.

4. mist4fun release the official ST after working like a true craftsman on it, regardless the pressure.

5. Then those XIMers (2) said is Official ST is not good enough, is not working properly, bla bla bla.  ::)
sorry piiwii I going to steal your phrase, I roll my eyes so hard so I can see the back of my neck.

mist4fun, I know your pain man hehe

Nothing is ever good enough it seems nowadays. I appreciate all the work Mist and Alan do on both devices!!
*PS4 Pro
*GPro Wireless 500hz / 16,000 DPI
*K70 RGB Mk.2 Low Profile Cherry Mx: Speed
*Xim Apex 1000hz | Titan Two
*Hip sens: 500 | Ads sens: 222.22 | X/Y Ratio: 2.60
*Smoothing 6 | Sync: OFF | Right Stick Deadzone: 0
*Rainbow Six Siege - Diamond

Offline B28rian

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Zero karma
« Reply #268 on: 03:34 PM - 02/11/19 »
Sensitive of 11 and 7 is so low for me is that the xim 4 or apex?  I have 12k dpi g502

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 03:35 PM - 02/11/19 »
I mean for my line of work, we design a prosthetic/attachment/application specifically for someone, they hate it...then give a tried, loved it. Time pass, they need and update because things worn out, condition changes adjustments are needed, materials are improved, we know for sure is better for this subject, but refused, hate it... they give it a try and loved it. Repeat.

And not complaining is something we embrace, after all no matter how deep your research is, you are not in the shoes of the person who has to deal with it. Their feedback is welcome, crucial to make it work for them, at the end the only true is... do what feels better for you.

So give it a hard try, to something you might be missing an opportunity, then go for what feels better.

@#$%, I'm definitely old, hehe I know new generations lacks of this trait, like mine must lack their own.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Yeyian Spark Keyboard - e-Sports Ventus R - Zowie G-SR