XIM Community

APEX LEGENDS ( New Battle Royal Free To Play )  (Read 3828 times)

Offline The prodigy

• View Profile
Re: APEX LEGENDS ( New Battle Royal Free To Play )
« Reply #15 on: 06:04 AM - 02/06/19 »
Here's one of the devs talking about  Aim Assist for those interested.  :)

https://twitter.com/RaymeCVinson/status/1092802936407814145

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09:40 AM - 02/06/19 »
There is no aim assist, that I'm aware of. If there is, it's likely just dampening. Most people are complaining to Respawn that they cannot hit shots on even the lowest sensitivity.

And it seems the usual Titanfall haters are back, and just want the game to be something else. If you wanna play PUBG, go play PUBG. Titanfall 2 was great, you were probably just terrible. Apex Legends is a great game. It just needs some tweaks and a balance pass. It's incredibly team oriented, as opposed to PUBG and Blackout where 1 guy could lone wolf and win games (not that those games are bad, I have over 1k hours in each and love them). This is just a different style of BR.

TF 1/2 were built around bad ideas, mainly bots and titans. People donít want that in a cod style fps.

AL is completely different. It has a few things that need work but itís a BR. The shotgun is a little OP, wipes squads with ease. The respawning does add a big team work element to this game. But at the same time you donít even have to speak, thatís kinda weird.
Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
« Reply #17 on: 10:11 AM - 02/06/19 »
There is no aim assist, that I'm aware of. If there is, it's likely just dampening. Most people are complaining to Respawn that they cannot hit shots on even the lowest sensitivity.

And it seems the usual Titanfall haters are back, and just want the game to be something else. If you wanna play PUBG, go play PUBG. Titanfall 2 was great, you were probably just terrible. Apex Legends is a great game. It just needs some tweaks and a balance pass. It's incredibly team oriented, as opposed to PUBG and Blackout where 1 guy could lone wolf and win games (not that those games are bad, I have over 1k hours in each and love them). This is just a different style of BR.

TF 1/2 were built around bad ideas, mainly bots and titans. People donít want that in a cod style fps.

AL is completely different. It has a few things that need work but itís a BR. The shotgun is a little OP, wipes squads with ease. The respawning does add a big team work element to this game. But at the same time you donít even have to speak, thatís kinda weird.

Titans weren't bad ideas. That's why people played the game. Bots existed in 2 modes, one mode was DOA, and the other was Attrition, which oddly enough everyone played the most. Although most hardcore TF players flocked to CTF. The game still averages 10k players on X1 / PS4. So it's not like it's a dead game. If people want a COD style FPS, they should go play COD. TF2 is the best FPS since CS, IMO. Generally, the people who complain about it never took the time to learn how to play. I've seen the videos... "These maps are too big. Titans are too OP. Bots suck! I can't find anyone!" Yeah yeah... learn parkour and get good. 30-40 kill games were the norm for me in CTF.

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10:46 AM - 02/06/19 »
Iím surprised it has 10k players.

Apex Legends seems pretty good so far. Iím sure it will just get better. It definitely had a surprising release, running great on day one? Thatís unheard of.
Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10:56 AM - 02/06/19 »
Iím surprised it has 10k players.

Apex Legends seems pretty good so far. Iím sure it will just get better. It definitely had a surprising release, running great on day one? Thatís unheard of.

Yeah, they snuck up on us, too. No hype prior to the day of release. Nobody knew anything about it, then suddenly they are like "Oh hey, we have a new BR". Now over 2 million unique players, and there's hardly been even a hiccup. Very surprising.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09:51 PM - 02/06/19 »

They weren't just built around bad ideas, those bad ideas were also terribly executed and balanced. I was surprised that they still had a good game in them after the trash heap that was TF1 and the dumpster fire that was TF2.

I mean, Apex Legends is not my cup of tea but it is a very good game from launch day. People trying to fish for reasons why everyone hates TF making up BS excuses like "you were just bad at it" are in denial. If I don't have my buddies in my squad I'm terrible at Apex but I can admit it's good. I was pretty good at TF2 but it's just a god awful game from top to bottom.

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
« Reply #21 on: 05:57 AM - 02/07/19 »
Maybe bc we donít have a st for the game yet and bc itís still but the game feels and plays very sloppy the shooting is beyond terrible

Offline Enrix

• Per Audacia ad Astra
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: iLiKeEnRiX
« Reply #22 on: 07:37 AM - 02/07/19 »
I'm pretty sure there is aim assist.
People are complaining? Personal opinion: most games nowadays have retarded aim assist that feels like an aimbot with the snap on feature, so people are just used to that. You give them a game with a light aim assist? Obviously they are gonna be in trouble. Me personally? I'm doing great, Controller or XIM.
Of course the official ST is not out so obviously the game is not perfect with the XIM atm, but I honestly hope that aim assist will stay the way it is right now. Finally a game where people need to be actually be skilled to land their shots.
PS4 Pro with SSD | Razer Ornata Chroma | Logitech G403 | Steelseries Siberia 800 | BenQ XL2420T

XIM APEX and mouse settings guide:
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=66901.0

Is the XIM cheating?
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=72737.0

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04:33 PM - 02/07/19 »

They weren't just built around bad ideas, those bad ideas were also terribly executed and balanced. I was surprised that they still had a good game in them after the trash heap that was TF1 and the dumpster fire that was TF2.

People trying to fish for reasons why everyone hates TF making up BS excuses like "you were just bad at it" are in denial. If I don't have my buddies in my squad I'm terrible at Apex but I can admit it's good. I was pretty good at TF2 but it's just a god awful game from top to bottom.

No, no, and no.

A game designer didn't cater to your COD desires and you trash them for it. TF2 was an excellent game that was released a week after BF1, and 2 weeks before COD. The fact that it still has a decent number of people playing, despite EA attempting to murder it, can attest to that. The major draw to the game was Titans... it's called Titanfall. If you want COD go play COD. The fact that you're talking about balance just reinforces that you didn't take time to actually get any good at the game. Try playing thousands of hours of CTF against legitimate players, and then maybe I'll hear your complaints. I'm sure you merked on some console kids who stood around with boots on the ground in Attrition, while complaining about bots.

Offline Jamielovick

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: JGL Q18
« Reply #24 on: 07:39 PM - 02/07/19 »
Hey guys, I'm really struggling to find the best settings on apex legends I have used the titan fall 2 file, and set everything to how it suggests, and feels much better, I'm glad it came with that advice, but It still feels unsmoothe and hard to aim I was just wondering if anyone could send me a link or help me out with my settings? Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Jamie :)

Offline fe7felix

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02:11 AM - 02/08/19 »
try ingame sens 6
worked great for me, it seems that lower ingame sens activates a bit of aim assist

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03:20 AM - 02/08/19 »

People trying to fish for reasons why everyone hates TF making up BS excuses like "you were just bad at it" are in denial. If I don't have my buddies in my squad I'm terrible at Apex but I can admit it's good. I was pretty good at TF2 but it's just a god awful game from top to bottom.

No, no, and no.

A game designer didn't cater to your COD desires and you trash them for it. TF2 was an excellent game that was released a week after BF1, and 2 weeks before COD. The fact that it still has a decent number of people playing, despite EA attempting to murder it, can attest to that. The major draw to the game was Titans... it's called Titanfall. If you want COD go play COD. The fact that you're talking about balance just reinforces that you didn't take time to actually get any good at the game. Try playing thousands of hours of CTF against legitimate players, and then maybe I'll hear your complaints. I'm sure you merked on some console kids who stood around with boots on the ground in Attrition, while complaining about bots.

Yes, yes, yes.

Again, fantasized excuse to dismiss valid criticism because you just can't handle it being pointed out that you like doo doo. I like a lot of different types of shooters. Killzone Shadowfall, Halo 5 and Battlefield 4 are some of my favorite FPSs of this gen. R6 Siege and Apex Legends might not be my flavor but I still think they are good games. Both Titanfalls just aren't. They are both a confused mess of contradicting game design that tries to cater to everybody but does nothing well and TF2 is even worse in that regard.

Titanfall 2 didn't just do poorly because it launched right in the middle of two far better games. It sold poorly because the beta dissuaded people from buying it. Also, TF doesn't have decent numbers. I tried playing TF2 a couple of months ago and there were a little more than 200 players online during peak hours.

Offline Rain1dog

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rain1dog
« Reply #27 on: 08:27 AM - 02/08/19 »

Titans weren't bad ideas. That's why people played the game. Bots existed in 2 modes, one mode was DOA, and the other was Attrition, which oddly enough everyone played the most. Although most hardcore TF players flocked to CTF. The game still averages 10k players on X1 / PS4. So it's not like it's a dead game. If people want a COD style FPS, they should go play COD. TF2 is the best FPS since CS, IMO. Generally, the people who complain about it never took the time to learn how to play. I've seen the videos... "These maps are too big. Titans are too OP. Bots suck! I can't find anyone!" Yeah yeah... learn parkour and get good. 30-40 kill games were the norm for me in CTF.

I agree TF two was absolutely outstanding multiplayer. Once you got Your head wrapped around all of the skills and pace of the game itís very hard to beat a better multiplayer experience than TF two.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 04:14 PM - 02/09/19 »
This game is the most I've played a BR and the most I've wanted to play a BR. Everything about it is contradicting to my taste - the team focus, the high TTK, it's a BR - yet it all works and I still can't help but want to come back because it's so much fun. If I could change anything it's that I wish there were maybe five more squads per lobby as the mid game can feel a little barren. Also, everyone should be able to choose their legend at the same time.