XIM Community

APEX LEGENDS ( New Battle Royal Free To Play )  (Read 2932 times)

Offline MrBrutalFrosty

• Australian Youtuber 1.5k Subs All Things FPS COD
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrBrutalFrosty
  • PSN ID: Mr_Brutal_Frosty Youtube: MrBrutalFrosty
APEX LEGENDS ( New Battle Royal Free To Play )
« on: 12:55 AM - 02/04/19 »
New BR is set to come out this week its made by EA but if we can overlook that part we can see how it might be worth a download first off its free to play with that in mind it means theres no loss for atleast trying it out it has been reported that it is titanfall just with no titans and its pilot vs pilot only with a max of 60 people per server i dont mind that very interesting keep a eye on it theres a live stream of it in 9 hours from now

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
Re: APEX LEGENDS ( New Battle Royal Free To Play )
« Reply #1 on: 06:28 PM - 02/04/19 »
It's already out. It has a training mode, so Mist could train the ST. For now, I recommend Titanfall 2. It's pretty close but not perfect.

Offline xVGx TIMELORD

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xVGx TIMELORD
« Reply #2 on: 06:53 PM - 02/04/19 »
So use titan falls file for this game?

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:49 PM - 02/04/19 »
That's pretty cool, just dropping a new big name game out of nowhere. While I hated both Titanfalls (the second even more than the first) this seems like it doesn't have most of the stuff that made those games so terrible and the revive mechanic is interesting. Though I'm not a fan of BR I'll give this a try.

Offline The prodigy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:04 PM - 02/04/19 »
Looks like there is no Aim Assist

Offline Rain1dog

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rain1dog
« Reply #5 on: 09:13 PM - 02/04/19 »
TitanFall 2 is one of the best single player and multiplayer games Iíve ever played.  The multiplayer was simply outstanding.  One hell of a dev studio.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:59 AM - 02/05/19 »
Yeah, it does seem like there's no aim assist. An official ST would be a big help. The game is much better than Titanfall 1 and 2 but it's still only a middling BR. It does have a lot of cool additions, especially the stuff that makes team play so much easier, but the core is kind of "meh". I'd rather the stuff that makes it stand out was in PubG or Blackout.

Offline Enrix

• Per Audacia ad Astra
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Enrix79
« Reply #7 on: 05:00 AM - 02/05/19 »
Yeah just tried this game yesterday, looks really cool :)
Nice features and everything.
Looks like we're gonna play Apex Legends with the XIM... APEX ;)
Waiting patiently for an ST with recommended settings.
PS4 Pro with SSD | Razer Ornata Chroma | Logitech G403 | Steelseries Siberia 800 | BenQ XL2420T

XIM APEX and mouse settings guide:
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=66901.0

Is the XIM cheating?
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=72737.0

Offline tepidblack

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:28 AM - 02/05/19 »
It's already out. It has a training mode, so Mist could train the ST. For now, I recommend Titanfall 2. It's pretty close but not perfect.

Colb, have you had much of a chance to play this game with Apex? I know in TF2 that playing at 8 sensitivity completely removes aim assist, and 1-7 has the exact same amount, but is it the same in this? Because it honestly seems as if there is no aim assist whatsoever regardless of what sensitivity you use, or itís just such a small amount itís unnoticeable.

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01:05 PM - 02/05/19 »
Tried slow and fast sens with the TF2 config, couldnít control recoil at all and could only really aim with single shot weapons. Gave up pretty quick.

Hopefully crossplay includes PC because the controls are much better. BR will always have plenty of keybinds. Movement with simultaneous inventory management isnít possible on console. Idk if the inventory screen locks movement with this game but thatís the case with blackout.
Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Online unknownuser

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Simply
  • PSN ID: Simply
« Reply #10 on: 02:45 PM - 02/05/19 »

Colb, have you had much of a chance to play this game with Apex? I know in TF2 that playing at 8 sensitivity completely removes aim assist, and 1-7 has the exact same amount, but is it the same in this? Because it honestly seems as if there is no aim assist whatsoever regardless of what sensitivity you use, or itís just such a small amount itís unnoticeable.

If I am understanding you correctly, should play on 7 sensitivity if I want aim assist. (going below 7 will give the same aim assist? )

Offline tepidblack

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03:09 PM - 02/05/19 »

If I am understanding you correctly, should play on 7 sensitivity if I want aim assist. (going below 7 will give the same aim assist? )

In Titanfall 2, the game that Apex Legends is based off of, and seems to share a look mechanic with, using max (8) sensitivity disables aim assist. If you want aim assist you have to use anywhere from 1-7.

However, in Apex Legends, there doesnít seem to be any aim assist regardless of what setting you pick. Either that or itís so weak that itís barely there. I tried 7, and I tried 8, and I couldnít get any noticeable aim assist at all. I did a search on both of the Apex Legends subreddits and found a couple of threads with controller users reporting the same thing (but obviously no one is using anything like 7 or 8 sensitivity), which is leading me to believe that there straight up just isnít any aim assist at all.

I could easily be wrong though, in fact Iíd love for someone to tell me Iím being an idiot and doing something wrong, because the aim doesnít feel snappy enough in this game to make up for a lack of aim assist.

Online unknownuser

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Simply
  • PSN ID: Simply
« Reply #12 on: 05:27 PM - 02/05/19 »
I tried using 7 and I can definitely feel the difference. I am hitting way more shots, and it feels easier to track. I also use sync COMMON for this game which I think also helps with the aim assist.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
« Reply #13 on: 05:28 PM - 02/05/19 »
There is no aim assist, that I'm aware of. If there is, it's likely just dampening. Most people are complaining to Respawn that they cannot hit shots on even the lowest sensitivity.

And it seems the usual Titanfall haters are back, and just want the game to be something else. If you wanna play PUBG, go play PUBG. Titanfall 2 was great, you were probably just terrible. Apex Legends is a great game. It just needs some tweaks and a balance pass. It's incredibly team oriented, as opposed to PUBG and Blackout where 1 guy could lone wolf and win games (not that those games are bad, I have over 1k hours in each and love them). This is just a different style of BR.

Offline Rain1dog

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rain1dog
« Reply #14 on: 06:48 PM - 02/05/19 »
How anyone plays with a piece of @#$% DS4 Iíll never know.  I tried Apex but @#$% that... @#$% controllers are hot garbage.