XIM Community

Does the latest XIM APEX Firmware releases had been adding Input Lag?  (Read 2226 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I really can't know exactly what's going on, but, when it comes to timing at this level as we have 2 devices in the chain that are both emulating a console (and the timing and synchronization of that console) it doesn't really surprise me to see discrepancies like this.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Nataliy

• I wish you a good day
    • View Profile
It seems to me that the problem is in the macro itself - the delay is set incorrectly, try changing the weapon and finding the correct value of the delay - without using titanium

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
I really can't know exactly what's going on, but, when it comes to timing at this level as we have 2 devices in the chain that are both emulating a console (and the timing and synchronization of that console) it doesn't really surprise me to see discrepancies like this.

It seems to me that the problem is in the macro itself - the delay is set incorrectly, try changing the weapon and finding the correct value of the delay - without using titanium
I know well those timing works.

And as I mention this jamming happens only when Mouse is rapid-firing with its own macro support no Titan 2 at all.
Ventus Z(rapidfiring) -> XIM APEX-> Console
The jamming happens on SAB = 0 on all beta firmwares.
Gold (no SAB support) the macro works.
Beta with SAB > 0 macro works.

When, using
Ventus Z(not using rapidfire) -> XIM APEX-> Titan Two (rapidfiring) -> Console.
On this setup, there is not issue with SAB regardless its value, everything is OK macro works fine. Because pretty much T2 is doing the rapidfiring.

Anyways, not big deal using SAB > 0 make it work. Yeah it must be a weird timing and synchronization with SAB at 0 while using this mouse in-particular.

Thanks OBsIV
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Sennheiser GSP 600 + MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Modded e-Sports Ventus R - Zowie G-SR

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Are you running at 1000Hz? If so, does it happen if you run at 125Hz?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Nataliy

• I wish you a good day
    • View Profile
 50 ms?!
For the sake of interest, I tried the quick fire mode and its values were between 15-35 ms

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Are you running at 1000Hz? If so, does it happen if you run at 125Hz?
Yes with Firmware 20190119
SAB = 0. Macro jams
SAB > 0. Macro is fluent again.

Tried on 125Hz, 500Hz and 1000Hz same results on each response rate. SAB = 0 jams the macro.

Tried two macros:
50ms - 20ms
30ms - 20ms
SAB = 0 macros jams, regardless how I can tweak its timings never gets as fluent as on the Gold Firmware or SAB > 0

50 ms?!
For the sake of interest, I tried the quick fire mode and its values were between 15-35 ms
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Sennheiser GSP 600 + MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Modded e-Sports Ventus R - Zowie G-SR

Offline Timmie3054

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Timmie 3000
There is no delay with SAB 0.  :-\

Its actually the other way around. ::)
Only when I set SAB to anything other than 0, a delay (by design) is introduced.

To prove this I used 2 Titan Two's.

Had the first one connected to the Apex outputting as a mouse, running a basic rapid fire script.
30 ms Left Mouse Button Pressed.
30 ms Left Mouse Button Released.
Loop indefinitely.

The Apex was connected to my second Titan Two, relaying the the rapid fire script from the my first Titan Two.

The second Titan two, was recording the Apex Input. Using the macro_rec() function.
The resolution of the macro_rec() function is 1ms.

Here is a diagram of the setup

Here are the scripts that each Titan Two were running.

While the script was running. I switch between SAB 0 and SAB 5.
SAB 0 is consistent.
SAB 5 or anything > 0 is inconsistent.

At SAB 0, the nodes for the right trigger at 0% and then at 100% is consistent 30ms.
This photo shows 30 ms, from 1 node to the next.
I zoomed all the way in, right when I switch from SAB 0 to SAB 5
So you can actually see the delay .

Notice how when SAB is at 5 the nodes are not going from 0% to 100%..
If SAB > 0 was actually consistent  like you seem to think, then we should be seeing the nodes going from 0 to 100%.  But we're not .

As the delay is intentionally added to model an actual joystick being moved naturally.

Offline Timmie3054

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Timmie 3000
Just want to add, that the mouse_passthru(); function is not shown in the script I posted, because I've actually just included it inside the mouse.gph header file it self.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Awesome Timmie3054 good job :D

Very interesting, this a proof that SAB = 0 is not adding input lag.

It must be a input response quirk on this mouse.

I'm curios  to see if what happen if T2 (A) (Multi-Hid) connected to the XIM Hub ->XIM Hub To Apex, going to check that out, this is pretty much recreating my scenario.

Anyways I appreciate your feedback on this :D

XIM APEX + Titan Two

Offline MiLaNy-21

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: MiLaNy-21
Very interested in this.

Just updated to beta ver 20190119..
And i fell is something wrong.
Like lag... Its not smooth like always.

What the setting that is no lag for you?
To apply it on my bfv settings and see.

Thanks guys.

XIM apex 20190119
G502
BFV GAME

Offline Maria

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Maria
 It's just the latest firmware. Everything was fine before it.