XIM Community

Battlefield v Air config help  (Read 1036 times)

Offline AHPandy

• View Profile
Battlefield v Air config help
« on: 11:22 AM - 01/30/19 »
I have watched quite a few videos and looked on the forums but nothing is helping with my issue.

My problem is with my up and down keys when flying. I use the right stick on my xim apex up and down as 'W, S keys. I feel comfortable with this as its on a separate config. The main problem here is i'm over shooting while my plane when rolling and lining up up a shot while chasing the enemy. This applies to whatever angle my plane is at to be honest. Even lining up for a target on the ground.

If anyone has an alternative to this setup please post a config or your stick layout.

Or should i use mouse more? I found it difficult to maintain turning with the mouse.

Many Thanks all.

Offline AHPandy

• View Profile
Re: Battlefield v Air config help
« Reply #1 on: 07:50 AM - 01/31/19 »
Thanks for the reply.

I am contemplating going back to controller for planes. I was just trying to copy what the pc players do and how they tweak it. So in the end i might be using the wrong keys.
Last night I changed my Lctrl and space keys too thrust which left my mouse on roll. Found it difficult to adjust too.

If anyone can post there setup for pitch yaw and roll that would be great.

Offline ColtsFan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:38 AM - 01/31/19 »
I use a separate config completely which I use a hotkey to switch to when I get in the planes.  With that config currently I'm using the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick in my right hand and the Xbox controller in my left. 

Everything the left hand normally controls with the controller (throttle/rudder), repair, zoom. 
Pitch/Roll, fire, change view, look behind/etc. and all other controls are being used with the joystick buttons.

I would rather use my PS Nav in my left hand but there is no way to force the XIM to see both joysticks (nav and 3D pro) as different analog sticks on the controller.  I am going to toy with XIM Link to see if I can separate them into separate joysticks and play around with some other options.

I have never tried flying planes in BF games using a mouse, always used a joystick.  I'm beast with mouse/kb in a helicopter though :)  On a side note I find the planes in BF5 to be the most boring and unrewarding flying experience of any BF game to date.  The crappy mechanics, limited throttle control, etc. just make them a waste of time for the most part :( 
PS4 Pro / XB 1 S / XIM Apex
PC: R5 3600 / Sapphire Pulse 5700XT / 16GB Geil EVO X 3200
Monitor: MSI Optix MAG321CQR
Inputs: Razer Orbweaver / Logitech G502

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:38 AM - 01/31/19 »
hey,

just like jet pilots on pc you have to counter your over/undershooting angles with your mouse movements
for that you have to increase your xim sensitvity by quite a bit or even use some boost + ballistic curve
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline AHPandy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:46 PM - 01/31/19 »
hey,

just like jet pilots on pc you have to counter your over/undershooting angles with your mouse movements
for that you have to increase your xim sensitvity by quite a bit or even use some boost + ballistic curve

In this case do you have your mouse to roll the plane or pitch up and down?

I 1st started with my pitch up and down as W & S, not sure if this sensitivity can be manipulated through xim or in game?

I'll need to try and use my mouse more for lining up the shots.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:09 AM - 02/01/19 »
hey,

I 1st started with my pitch up and down as W & S, not sure if this sensitivity can be manipulated through xim or in game?

when you place your W and S key to the right stick for pitch up and down you can still do minor/moderate aim adjustments with your mouse.
those are the key to increase your mouse accuracy!

find a ballance where your mouse movements are fast enough to allow for some aim adjustments but still low enought to precisely aim
as i said boost, ballistic curve or a higher base sensitivity for your plane config can do the trick

this will of course require some practice but you can use the BFV testrange for that :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline AHPandy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:36 AM - 02/01/19 »
hey,

when you place your W and S key to the right stick for pitch up and down you can still do minor/moderate aim adjustments with your mouse.
those are the key to increase your mouse accuracy!

find a ballance where your mouse movements are fast enough to allow for some aim adjustments but still low enought to precisely aim
as i said boost, ballistic curve or a higher base sensitivity for your plane config can do the trick

this will of course require some practice but you can use the BFV testrange for that :)

Yes i will try the boost tonight and work my way upwards.

Admin