XIM Community

Goodbye for now.  (Read 3286 times)

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
Re: Goodbye for now.
« Reply #15 on: 09:50 AM - 07/23/08 »
DON'T DO IT!!  All those hours of testing and playing? GONE!!  Now it's nothing but yard work, changing diapers, spending "quality time", spending money on "pretty things".  Getting married was the worst thing that ever happened to me!! Getting divorced was not that great either.  But now I have a beautiful daughter with my current long term (going on 6 years together) girlfriend and we are very happy.  But not married... :O   Honestly it's no different.  If anything, it's worse.  Now when I'm not changing diapers, giving baths, cleaning up messes, doing yard work, washing dishes, doing laundry, working, or sleeping, the rest of my time is dedicated to spending "quality time" with my GF.  What a waste.....All this time could be spent playing endless hours of video games.  BAH!!!   My therapist says it's part of growing up.  What an idiot.  He wants me to get rid of my comic book collection and stop watching cartoons, too.  Can you believe that guy?

lol, for a while I thought you were serious...

what do you mean?

If nick is lucky, his wife will get a really bad sunburn and have to stay inside and he'll go to a bar outside and meet some girl.  I saw a movie like that.......

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10:09 AM - 07/23/08 »
DON'T DO IT!!  All those hours of testing and playing? GONE!!  Now it's nothing but yard work, changing diapers, spending "quality time", spending money on "pretty things".  Getting married was the worst thing that ever happened to me!! Getting divorced was not that great either.  But now I have a beautiful daughter with my current long term (going on 6 years together) girlfriend and we are very happy.  But not married... :O   Honestly it's no different.  If anything, it's worse.  Now when I'm not changing diapers, giving baths, cleaning up messes, doing yard work, washing dishes, doing laundry, working, or sleeping, the rest of my time is dedicated to spending "quality time" with my GF.  What a waste.....All this time could be spent playing endless hours of video games.  BAH!!!   My therapist says it's part of growing up.  What an idiot.  He wants me to get rid of my comic book collection and stop watching cartoons, too.  Can you believe that guy?

lol, for a while I thought you were serious...

what do you mean?

If nick is lucky, his wife will get a really bad sunburn and have to stay inside and he'll go to a bar outside and meet some girl.  I saw a movie like that.......

Heartbreak Kid - Funny movie. Yep, I am at work right now counting down the time until I get to leave "the firm" for 2 weeks. Happy days, I will miss my xim360 greatly though along with all my techie toys this will be the longest I will have been away from my babies lol. Oh man that sounds pathetic - but it's true they are my children! hehe.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11:58 AM - 07/23/08 »
Congrats nick. I bet we will have your XIM2's by the time you get back.

Offline sebastian9

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05:40 PM - 07/23/08 »
Your going to be a wonderful husband and father :). Congratulations and have fun!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08:45 PM - 07/23/08 »
Have fun, don't leave her alone with the scuba instructor!

great movie.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline tonelab77

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11:24 AM - 07/24/08 »
as they say for you married folks, "Game Over"
He's not lying. I was married almost 2 years ago and it is game over!

Offline blakbuzzrd

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11:31 AM - 07/24/08 »
I've been married for twelve years now, and I can tell you that there is hope for converting your spouse into a gamer.

It takes time and patience, but it is possible to live in a world where a perfectly normal, beautiful woman will beat you down in order to keep playing Puzzle Quest.

I speak from experience.
"What Oft Was Squawked But Ne'er So Well Expressed"

Offline tonelab77

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06:29 PM - 07/24/08 »
I've been married for twelve years now, and I can tell you that there is hope for converting your spouse into a gamer.

It takes time and patience, but it is possible to live in a world where a perfectly normal, beautiful woman will beat you down in order to keep playing Puzzle Quest.

I speak from experience.
You should start a thread about this. It's a very important issue in my life, & many others' lives as well. People should post what works and what doesn't. Easy games to get them into it. Games to help their hand eye coordination...etc...

Hell...I'm starting the thread right now... ;D

Offline DrCube

• PC > Console
    • View Profile
    • Tass Times in Game Land
« Reply #23 on: 07:08 AM - 07/25/08 »
Congrats, nick, and thanks for all the helpful info you've provided on these forums.