XIM Community

Instant movement on NAV  (Read 225 times)

Offline Happy Camper Cavalry

• Only the best
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Currently 13 members
Instant movement on NAV
« on: 11:27 AM - 01/30/19 »
I read a great write up about keyboards VS an analog stick like the nav.
Keyboard people like the additional buttons but us nav users love the 360 movement, walking and of course using the trigger to ADS.

At the end of the read I was happy with my decision to stick with the nav but there's one advantage to the keys that I was wondering if you could simulate on nav.

Thats the quick  strafing left and right(tapping A&D)
It's hard to do evenly on the nav but the bigger problem is that it walks for a second before it goes max.

Is there a kind of opposite "Simulate analog behavior" where we can make the left stick snappier? Xbox has curves you can apply to the left stick with the Elite.

Brings me to one extra question. Does applying cuves within the Xbox to the elite controller effect the xim at all if you are using said elite controller to run xim?
The Happy Camper Cavalry are a collection of master Xim gamers who have banded together to become the premier Xim gaming team on Xbox.
*must be +4000 (OW) || +5 K/D (COD) || <500 FPP (PUBG)

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Instant movement on NAV
« Reply #1 on: 11:53 AM - 01/30/19 »
Bind your WASD movements on XIM to the D-Pad keys of Nav, done.

Because making turn the analog stick to full digital, is kind of non-nonsensical (IMO) is like using the right stick instead of mouse.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Yeyian Spark Keyboard - e-Sports Ventus R - Zowie G-SR

Offline Happy Camper Cavalry

• Only the best
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Currently 13 members
« Reply #2 on: 01:42 PM - 01/30/19 »
Bind your WASD movements on XIM to the D-Pad keys of Nav, done.

Because making turn the analog stick to full digital, is kind of non-nonsensical (IMO) is like using the right stick instead of mouse.
Well that's the obvious answer but that's not what I'm looking for. I would like a curve but for the left stick to decrease the time it is in walk speed to instantaneously Max Speed the moment I start moving the stick.
The Happy Camper Cavalry are a collection of master Xim gamers who have banded together to become the premier Xim gaming team on Xbox.
*must be +4000 (OW) || +5 K/D (COD) || <500 FPP (PUBG)

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:54 PM - 02/03/19 »
if your playing on xbox you can go to accessories and take the dead zone out of that analog stick,  that might help.  I don't know if the dead zone in the xim manager app will help but it might.