XIM Community

New apex user.... possibly a dumb question  (Read 268 times)

Offline tinrib

• View Profile
New apex user.... possibly a dumb question
« on: 08:54 AM - 01/28/19 »
Hi all, just recently picked up the apex and was wondering if theres any device / way of plugging the apex into some sort of hub / switch that will allow me to switch between pc and ps4? At the moment i obviously unplug mouse / keyboard from apex into pc when using pc, then plug back into apex when use ps4. Just worried all this plugging / unplugging might knacker apex ports after a while plus it gets rather annoying!!

Is this possible?

Cheers,
tin

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: New apex user.... possibly a dumb question
« Reply #1 on: 08:59 AM - 01/28/19 »
hey,

yes thats possible, there are basically two options that you have

1) a usb switcher / kvm switcher
with a single button press this device will switch your gear from the pc to the playstation
everything is connected to the switcher, which then has a usb cable for the console and the pc
with a button press on the switcher you cycle from the pc to the console and vice versa

2) xim link
your xim will be connected to the pc while all of your devices remain connected to the pc
via the xim link software your mouse and keyboard are then sourced into the xim
with a customizeable button on your keyboard you can switch between the two
this ofc will require your pc to run in the background while playing with your xim
you can learn more about xim link in its sub forum
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline tinrib

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:05 AM - 01/28/19 »
Ok great, is there any preference between the 2 options? or does either introduce any input lag?

Thanks!!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 03:21 PM - 01/28/19 »
When using a USB switch, kb & m plugin to the USB switch, USB switch into PC and Apex USB hub. The controller must remain on the Apex USB hub.

If you're using Windows 10, some keyboards don't play friendly with USB switches and you'll end up with disconnects after a few swaps. This issue is specific to Win10, not XIM Apex, as Apex works fine with a USB switch on macOS, Win 7 and Win 8.1.

A USB switch introduces no lag. XIM Link is alpha software and can be unstable on some PCs, which can lead to packet loss. For most people though, it works fine.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:22 PM - 01/28/19 »
XIM Link allows this. It's a free program you can download here on the forums. You will need to buy a supported transfer cable though.

You can find more about XIM Link here and how to set it up properly, https://community.xim.tech/index.php?board=96.0

This is the transfer cable I use and can confirm it works, https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Transfer-Compatible-Computer-Software/dp/B005OTPVMY/
CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Logitech G203 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

PS4 Pro | Xbox One S

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Admin