XIM Community

[RESOLVED] XIM4 randomly shuts off  (Read 188 times)

Offline yeezus_cx

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: xDuRozS-
[RESOLVED] XIM4 randomly shuts off
« on: 04:42 PM - 01/25/19 »
Iíve had my xim4 for about a year. Ever since yesterday, when I turn it on it'll start up normally working just fine and all of a sudden my mouse and keyboard will shut off. The xim stays on with the red light breathing effect as usual and all after 30 seconds or so a white light comes on and then itíll shut off as well. I am using a Logitech g502 mouse and a Sony nav controller.
« Last Edit: 05:55 PM - 01/25/19 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM4 randomly shuts off
« Reply #1 on: 05:02 PM - 01/25/19 »
Welcome to the community. Does this happen consistently and soon after startup? Also, when it happens does XIM4's light activity change?

In the meantime, I recommend connecting both the nav and controller directly to the console to charge. XIM should be disconnected while these devices are charging.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline yeezus_cx

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] XIM4 randomly shuts off
« Reply #2 on: 05:06 PM - 01/25/19 »
Yes it happens constantly and right after start up itíll turn on and then white light comes on and shuts off immediately. Both the nav and controller are fully charged

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:12 PM - 01/25/19 »
A white light indicates corrupt firmware or a crash. Try starting XIM4 without anything attached to it's ports, if there is no white light after startup this is caused by an attached device. If there is no white light leave XIM4 on and start connecting peripherals one at a time in this order and check for a crash. Note which device causes  the white light.

port 3: controller
port 1: mouse
port 2: nav

Offline yeezus_cx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:23 PM - 01/25/19 »
I followed every step then same thing happened. It works for about 2 minutes and then same white light comes on and shuts off. Iíve already swapped cables as well and nothing seems to work

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:25 PM - 01/25/19 »
Thanks, could you please try aiming and shooting for a few minutes with the nav disconnected? The nav is prone to a lot of stability issues that we can look at next if needed but I'd like to remove it to see if this still occurs without it connected.

Offline yeezus_cx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:39 PM - 01/25/19 »
So I tried shooting and aiming for a few minutes and everything worked fine. Then I tried connecting nav and it started blinking yellow twice, then it went away and started the red breathing effect followed by mouse and nav shutting off and same white light came on and xim turned off as well

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:42 PM - 01/25/19 »
Thanks. It may be the nav or just the nav cable. I recommend testing using another cable between nav and XIM or using the nav in wireless mode. To use the nav in wireless mode simply verify the nav is working, unplug the cable, and press the PS button on the nav. It should connect to XIM4 wirelessly so long as it's still able to, some navs have trouble being used wirelessly which I have to assume is due to the age of the battery.

Offline yeezus_cx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:49 PM - 01/25/19 »
Thank you I did not know I could use it wirelessly hahah. Itís working fine as of now wireless I thought it was something wrong with the xim because the nav cable is brand new. I ordered a game pad which arrives tomorrow if it acts up again Iíll just try it with the game pad and see. But thank you so much for your time and for resolving this issue.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:54 PM - 01/25/19 »
Of course, I'm glad it helped. If you prefer using it in wireless mode and want to avoid downtime while charging, XIM4 can pair with up to eight bluetooth devices. If you ever come across a cheap nav you can have both paired and use one while the other charges.