XIM Community

Mousepad problems  (Read 443 times)

Offline playlogitech

• View Profile
Mousepad problems
« on: 03:18 AM - 01/25/19 »
Hi, there is my story

I used Razer Goliathus Control Alpha mousepad for ages on PC, then bought ps4, xim 4, xim apex, everything was fine for me. But this mousepad is really old, already looks bad, so I decided to buy a new one. I bought SteelSeries QCK+ and everything became worse af. Tracking is no more easy as before, I cannot control my mouse entirely anymore, only flickshots became easier, also I was forced to change my sensivity. Mostly I play only Overwatch on ps4.

So, what I wanted to say? If you wanna use Xim Apex in FPS games, don't even think about using speed type mousepads. If you doesn't understand what the hell is going on and why your aim feels so floaty - look at your mousepad first.

Texture of control mousepad looks this way or similar to it:

Other types in my opinion are bad for games with apex, especially Overwatch

Mice I used: Logitech G Pro Wired, Logitech G 102, Logitech G 600
« Last Edit: 03:22 AM - 01/25/19 by playlogitech »

Offline idkwtf

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Mousepad problems
« Reply #1 on: 03:36 AM - 01/25/19 »
Interesting. I've tried qck, hyperx fury pro, and the glorious xxxl. I didn't really notice much difference between them.

Question.. Do you tune your mouse to your mouse pad in the logitech software?

Offline playlogitech

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:39 AM - 01/25/19 »
I've tried qck, hyperx fury pro, and the glorious xxxl.

All of them are speed types, isnt it?

There is no sense to do this, because we use our mouse outside of windows with lauched logitech gaming software. Surface info does not stored inside the mouse as I know.

Offline idkwtf

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:52 AM - 01/25/19 »
I've tried qck, hyperx fury pro, and the glorious xxxl.

All of them are speed types, isnt it?

There is no sense to do this, because we use our mouse outside of windows with lauched logitech gaming software. Surface info does not stored inside the mouse as I know.

I'm not sure if they are all considered to be "speed" pads or not. I'm seeing a lot of mixed opinions about goliathus though. There's people saying goliathus control was faster than the speed edition after comparing.

Surface tuning does in fact save to on board memory. Whether or not it will improve anything for you I can't say. It wouldn't hurt to try.

I know that for me reverting back to default surface tuning got rid of problems I had in the past.

Offline Dodge

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RheinlandFluch
  • PSN ID: Malarn71
« Reply #4 on: 03:52 AM - 01/25/19 »
Surface tuning will be saved on the on board memory and is active if used with Apex.
Pads are personal preference.I would not say that "speed pads" are inappropriate.
PS4 Pro & XB1 X
ASUS VG259Q
Apex 1000Hz
Viper UT| 3200 DPI | 1000Hz
CM MP510
Logitech GX Clicky G Pro
Soundblaster G6
Sennheiser 598

Offline playlogitech

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:04 AM - 01/25/19 »
Just compare them in real time in same game. It will be like 2 different games.
« Last Edit: 04:08 AM - 01/25/19 by playlogitech »

Offline Maria

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Maria

Offline Maria

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Maria
« Reply #8 on: 07:07 PM - 01/26/19 »
Alright I ordered one. Currently I have the QCK cloth which was a big improvement over Corsair Double sided hard pad. Only play OW too.

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08:47 AM - 01/27/19 »
I tried using cloth pads (roccat taito, zowie gtfx, razer goliathus) with XIM4 and i had the worst experience (i use 16k DPI) The mouse movements werenít good I had to really fight with my mouse/crosshair to get it to go where I wanted it. Now I use a hard pad (roccat raivo) much better imo. Not sure about other DPIs like 3200 cuz i havenít tried it but 12k or 16k didnít work on cloth for me, only works on hard pad. And yes the main game i play with my Xim is OW
« Last Edit: 09:07 AM - 01/27/19 by ƑȒƐƐĿǾ »

Admin