XIM Community

Xim Apex in app analog dead zones.  (Read 3604 times)

Offline TheSkiMask

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: TheSkiMask
Xim Apex in app analog dead zones.
« on: 06:16 PM - 01/24/19 »
In the xim apex application there is a setting at the bottom of both ads & hip called analog it is set to 7500 by default but when changing the right stick dead zone from 7500 to 1 the xim becomes more responsive. Wanted to know what was best to use.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Xim Apex in app analog dead zones.
« Reply #1 on: 10:48 PM - 01/24/19 »
Welcome to the community. These values are used if you have a joystick attached to your XIM or if you are using our "cross console controller" feature. If you have nether of these, the values aren't used.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline TheSkiMask

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:24 AM - 01/25/19 »
Thatís what I thought at first but I did some testing & changing the values messes with your mouse aim at least when you change the right stick dead zone.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:54 AM - 01/25/19 »
Thatís what I thought at first but I did some testing & changing the values messes with your mouse aim at least when you change the right stick dead zone.
Thanks for the information. I will play around with these.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline Intrickit27

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: N/A Hiding from Xbox detectives👀
  • PSN ID: N/A Hiding from PS4 detectives👀
« Reply #4 on: 06:54 AM - 01/25/19 »
In the xim apex application there is a setting at the bottom of both ads & hip called analog it is set to 7500 by default but when changing the right stick dead zone from 7500 to 1 the xim becomes more responsive. Wanted to know what was best to use.
Thank you for asking this question! I've been playing with Xim wrong for years just assuming those deadzones didn't matter. I always thought that every config that was put out was optimized except for sensitivity. Thanks to your post I changed my left stick deadzone to 500 and left trigger to Z. Now my movement is much better in Fortnite.
Monitors- Alienware AW2518HF(NEW) Samsung UH750 4K
Systems-Xbox One X, 2nd Xbox One, PS4 Pro(NEW)
Peripherals/accessories- Mice-**Razer Basilisk**(Newest), Steel Series Rival 600, and G502. Analog devices- Azeron original and Sony move navigation stick. Audio devices-Creative Soundblaster X7 and Astro mixamp 2013, Head candy-Audio Technica ATH-AD700X, Sennheiser PC360, Mousepads- Razer Firefly(New) SteelSeries 9HD and Qck Keyboard/mouse adapter- XIM Edge, XIM4, XIM Apex*New*

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 11:24 AM - 01/25/19 »
I can assure you that these values have no affect on mouse translation.

Offline TheSkiMask

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:20 PM - 01/25/19 »
It does well in the two games Iíve tested being rainbow six siege & call of duty black ops 4 the difference from 1 to 30,000 is very noticeable. Or maybe itís just my xim apex

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #7 on: 03:54 PM - 01/25/19 »
If this is something that was indeed affecting mouse translation, that means that if you were to increase the value to something like 30,000, then any movement of the mouse would result in the reticle moving at maximum speed.

Offline TheSkiMask

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:02 PM - 01/25/19 »
When I set it to 30,000 the reticle feels like itís moving at maximum speed but when set to 0 it becomes more sensitive to minor mouse movements. It is really clearly noticeable in rainbow six siege.

Offline TheSkiMask

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04:21 PM - 01/25/19 »
I just want to know the dead zone value would give me the best performance out of the xim.

Offline Xchronicx

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:49 PM - 01/25/19 »
Iíve noticed this as well, but always thought was placebo,... but as a precaution, I leave mine at 0

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06:12 PM - 01/25/19 »
Truthfully, setting the dead zone or the right analog stick from 7500 to 0 made it feel as if I had more control of my mouse movements. Increasing the value from 7500 to 30,000 seemed to slow my crosshairs down a bit but not anything significant enough to say that it is effective. To be honest, I might have only convinced myself that a change was occurring because I wanted to see a change. I don't really think that it had any effect at all on my aiming behavior.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #12 on: 09:21 AM - 01/26/19 »
Unless you have a joystick plugged into your XIM APEX, this code results in nothing. It is bypassed.

Offline TheSkiMask

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11:18 AM - 01/26/19 »
I guess it might only be my xim then because I have no joystick plugged in, also when I change the joystick axis mappings all to ďNoneĒ the mouse movement changes dramatically. Might it be that I bought the xim at launch? Maybe a bad first batch? I donít know.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #14 on: 12:31 PM - 01/26/19 »
I just verified there is no change to aiming when setting Analog Right Stick deadzone any value or when setting all Axis bindings to None. I created a sub-Config that I could quickly switch back and forth to while aiming and there was no difference.

If you are getting different behavior at all if you are changing Analog settings but you don't have any joystick plugged in, I'm wondering if one of your peripherals is presenting itself as multiple devices which includes a Joystick and it returning garbage values.

Admin