XIM Community

battlefield V problem with same button for reload and for 'action' (open doors)  (Read 185 times)

Offline rampanthamster

• View Profile
hi all, strangely i've only just started to notice this problem so can't be sure if it's always been there or not. I have my 'R' key bound to square which is open / use and also reload. The trouble is, pressing, or indeed holding down the R key results in my player reloading his weapon. Often, I don't want him to do that! What's my best option here? Thanks

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I would check your primary and secondary buttons for other buttons R may be assigned to. If there is a duplicate strange things like this could happen.

Otherwise you can troubleshoot this by moving reload to another key on the keyboard or moving it to a mouse button then testing. The results of this test will tell us if there is an issue with the R key, keyboard, or if it's something else.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Is a problematic mechanic DICE put on the reload button. Same happens when you try to pick up a teammate and your start to reload instead.

The fail-safe solution is using a macro, to specify the hold time.

eg Reload action (button must be held for a bit longer).

Use a macro like this:
Code: [Select]
RELOAD Down
300 ms
RELOAD Up
0 ms
When you press this macro button it will hold square button for you, this way you have a specific Reload action button. No need of holding down, just tap it and it will reload.
XIM Apex + Titan Two
PS4 Pro ♦ ASUS VG245H 24" ♦ Audio Technica ATH-ADG1X + Astro MixAmp ♦ Razer Orbweaver ♦ Logitech G305 ♦ Zowie G-SR

Offline rampanthamster

• View Profile
Is a problematic mechanic DICE put on the reload button. Same happens when you try to pick up a teammate and your start to reload instead.

The fail-safe solution is using a macro, to specify the hold time.

eg Reload action (button must be held for a bit longer).

Use a macro like this:
Code: [Select]
RELOAD Down
300 ms
RELOAD Up
0 ms
When you press this macro button it will hold square button for you, this way you have a specific Reload action button. No need of holding down, just tap it and it will reload.

thank you - i will give that a go when i next log on.