XIM Community

Paladins settings advice  (Read 540 times)

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
Paladins settings advice
« on: 05:02 AM - 01/23/19 »
Although the settings for paladins says to put your inner and outer dead zone at minimum DO NOT DO IT. It makes your aim go haywire. Instead, put your inner and outer dead zone at Small or Medium for the best gaming experience with your Xim. It will make things a lot smoother.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline xMemory

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Memory CE
Re: Paladins settings advice
« Reply #1 on: 08:54 AM - 01/23/19 »
TBH, this is what I do with most games that have a deadzone. It's more of a recommendation than a requirement. Like Halo MCC for instance. Default deadzone leaves a lot to be desired and isn't as responsive as I'd like. Solid advice for those cruising these forums.
« Last Edit: 09:02 AM - 01/23/19 by xMemory »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:33 AM - 01/23/19 »
Performance should be smooth using the recommended settings. Are you using the latest version of game support? The latest version or Paladins support is .2

To verify the current version of game support used open Manager, verify the correct config is loaded, then click the center of the game picture. Hidden text will appear at the top of the game picture. The last digit of the text is the version number. In this example the text stands for Battlefield 5 - Hip - Xbox One - version 1.

Also, if the game acceleration is not set correctly it could have a noticable negative effect on aim performance. Paladin's support expects these settings.

X Axis Sensitivity: 10
Y Axis Sensitivity: 10
Turn Acceleration Mode: Dynamic
Turn Acceleration Strength: 0
Inner Deadzone Size: Minimum
Outer Deadzone Size: Minimum
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:40 AM - 01/24/19 »
Performance should be smooth using the recommended settings. Are you using the latest version of game support? The latest version or Paladins support is .2

To verify the current version of game support used open Manager, verify the correct config is loaded, then click the center of the game picture. Hidden text will appear at the top of the game picture. The last digit of the text is the version number. In this example the text stands for Battlefield 5 - Hip - Xbox One - version 1.

Also, if the game acceleration is not set correctly it could have a noticable negative effect on aim performance. Paladin's support expects these settings.

X Axis Sensitivity: 10
Y Axis Sensitivity: 10
Turn Acceleration Mode: Dynamic
Turn Acceleration Strength: 0
Inner Deadzone Size: Minimum
Outer Deadzone Size: Minimum
I should be on the latest firmware for paladins. It didn't give me an option update it. Everything works fine except the inner and outer dead zone at minimum. It works much smoother with a higher dead zone. Without it your aim is all over the place. Medium inner and outer dead zone is way better.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:43 AM - 01/24/19 »
TBH, this is what I do with most games that have a deadzone. It's more of a recommendation than a requirement. Like Halo MCC for instance. Default deadzone leaves a lot to be desired and isn't as responsive as I'd like. Solid advice for those cruising these forums.
Thanks. I hope that this will help someone in the future because it sure helped me.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:47 AM - 01/24/19 »
I could check if the look mechanic has changed. Which console are you playing on?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline thebricycle1988

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: thebricycle1988
« Reply #6 on: 12:04 PM - 01/24/19 »
Although the settings for paladins says to put your inner and outer dead zone at minimum DO NOT DO IT. It makes your aim go haywire. Instead, put your inner and outer dead zone at Small or Medium for the best gaming experience with your Xim. It will make things a lot smoother.

I'm gonna give this a shot tonight. i havent had problems using the minimum deadzone or anything myself. but if this make the game feel better i am all for it.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:55 AM - 01/25/19 »
I could check if the look mechanic has changed. Which console are you playing on?
Ps4

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:57 AM - 01/25/19 »

I'm gonna give this a shot tonight. i havent had problems using the minimum deadzone or anything myself. but if this make the game feel better i am all for it.
It honestly gave me sticky aim with all of the characters. I cannot use minimum. I'm going to check to see if my paladins needs to be updated but I'm certain that I should be on the latest firmware. Either that or my hands are just so unsteady that I have to use a higher dead zone.