XIM Community

[Resolved] PS4 Pro + Headset?  (Read 433 times)

Offline VDV23

• View Profile
[Resolved] PS4 Pro + Headset?
« on: 03:18 AM - 01/23/19 »
Hi guys,

I've been a long time XIMer on my Xbox One (and X) and I'm always joining the party on PS4 Pro. However while going to the compatibility thread I saw this

PlayStation 4 Controller (Dualshock 4):
Audio jack
Speaker
Six-Axis Motion Sensor

Does this mean that I cannot be in a party (or whatever it's on called on PS) with other people as the headset wouldn't work? If yes, are there are alternatives to this?

Thanks
« Last Edit: 08:00 AM - 01/25/19 by VDV23 »

Offline VDV23

• View Profile
Re: PS4 Pro + Headset?
« Reply #1 on: 06:22 AM - 01/23/19 »
So I did some research and I found my answer. So now the question is which USB headset to buy, are they all working if simply plugged into the console directly?

Currently looking at these options:
CANYON CND-SGHS5
Razer Electra V2
Gamdias HEBE GHS2300-USB

Are those confirmed to be working/not working? Can't find any info.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:19 AM - 01/23/19 »
If you don't receive a response here you may have better luck with Amazon reviews as these headsets connect directly to the console. Search the review section with the keyboard "PS4" for feedback from other people who have tested these headsets on their PS4.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline VDV23

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:27 AM - 01/23/19 »
I went through the XIM forum archives and I saw you recommending the PS4 Gold Wireless headset. I even saw somebody saying it's as good as 400 EUR Astro but I'll see about that :D The Gold headset is confirmed to be working, right (in both wireless & wired mode), right?

Also, a semi-rant here: It's bloody absurd that I have premium Sony headphones WH-1000xm2 and they cannot connect to the Sony Playstation.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:43 AM - 01/23/19 »
the old ps4 controller wont allow a 3,5mm headset connection as it doesnt have a true wired usb mode
since you use a playstation pro you should have one of the new controllers though which work with the xim, plugging your headset into the controller should therefore work (assuming you have set the communication method to wired/usb in the playstation system settings under devices)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline VDV23

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:41 PM - 01/23/19 »
Waaat :o I couldn't find that info anywhere :D

Oh well, 85 euros well spent on the PS4 Gold, I guess :D

Offline VDV23

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:09 AM - 01/24/19 »
the old ps4 controller wont allow a 3,5mm headset connection as it doesnt have a true wired usb mode
since you use a playstation pro you should have one of the new controllers though which work with the xim, plugging your headset into the controller should therefore work (assuming you have set the communication method to wired/usb in the playstation system settings under devices)

I actually tried to connect cia 3,5mm jack and it didn't work

1) I tried to connect with Bluetooth headphones (via 3,5mm) - didn't detect them at all
2) Connected with wired earplugs to controller while controller plugged directly via USB to the PS4 Pro (not through XIM4) - both sound and mic works
3) Connected with wired earplugs to controller while using XIM4 - no sound, no mic. Would also get some errors on the XIM - blinking yellow lights. I did some research - it was blinking 3 times so port 3 -> controller issue
4) Changes USB cable (even though these cables work perfectly with my Xbox One X) - same issue. The console detects the headset, though.
5) After a couple of restarts to the XIM4 managed to get sound by mic wasn't working. Not for very long, though. The 3 yellow blinking lights returned, again port 3 issue.
6) Changed cable again (while I was on the Mic adjust page) - Voila! - I thought, both sound and mic working. But the rest of the XIM4 (mouse and keyboard) are not working, the controller is functioning properly.

If no headset is connected - XIM4 is working beautifully - no disconnects or anything.

I don't think 3.5mm plugged in works for me, tbh. Or am I missing something? I'm running the latest firmware for XIM4 as well.

Fingers crossed that the Sony Gold Headset works properly or I am a bit out of ideas what to do. 

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:00 AM - 01/24/19 »
Unfortunately XIM4 doesn't support controller connected chat using any controller version. APEX does support controller connected chat using v2/slim/pro controllers.

Offline VDV23

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:25 PM - 01/24/19 »
Unfortunately XIM4 doesn't support controller connected chat using any controller version. APEX does support controller connected chat using v2/slim/pro controllers.

Yeah, I think od1n didn't realize I have the XIM4. Thanks for the info.

Btw, I saw you recommending the PS4 Gold Headset, can you confrim that both sound and mic work through it?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06:20 PM - 01/24/19 »
I haven't used one myself but others have reported that they work. The headset uses a USB bluetooth receiver that attaches to the console so I don't see why it wouldn't be compatible.

Offline VDV23

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:00 AM - 01/25/19 »
Works like a charm, the Gold headset that is.

I'll add [Resolved] to the subject, thanks for your input.

Offline oliv237h

• View Profile
Re: [Resolved] PS4 Pro + Headset?
« Reply #11 on: 08:35 AM - 01/25/19 »
Can I use a USB to jack with an integrated sound card ? I have a Siberia 200 with a double jack

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [Resolved] PS4 Pro + Headset?
« Reply #12 on: 08:43 AM - 01/25/19 »

Yeah, I think od1n didn't realize I have the XIM4. Thanks for the info.

Btw, I saw you recommending the PS4 Gold Headset, can you confrim that both sound and mic work through it?

oh sorry yeah i must have skipped the xim4 part, sorry about that!
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay