XIM Community

Nav VS G13  (Read 706 times)

Offline fst_si

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: fst_si
Nav VS G13
« on: 02:51 AM - 01/20/19 »
Hey guys, just seen a G13 come in stock in a store near me.  Im currently using a nav which I really enjoy but im pretty mapping everything onto my mouse which im not a huge fan of, assuming the G13 could be the answer to this?  As a long time console player is the analog stick comparable?

Offline Jamesbone

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FlexNup
  • PSN ID: Flexnitup
Re: Nav VS G13
« Reply #1 on: 06:55 AM - 01/20/19 »
The analog stick on the g13 is in a weird spot, I'd like to know how anybody would use it, because it's very uncomfortable, cant believe you have seen the g13 come in stock I thought it was discontinued..

You should buy the Azeron keypad, it's been talked about on this forum alot.  Google it

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:45 AM - 01/20/19 »
BUY THE AZERON. Itíll take a while for you to receive it but youíd be silly to spend money on a G13 now we have the Azeron. Itís a Nav users dream.

Get the Azeron Compact.
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:46 AM - 01/20/19 »
Thereís only 1 Left handed Compact left so be quick. Unless youíre left handed, youíll need a right handed Azeron but Iím guessing youíre right handed bcausenyoure looking at the G13.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AzeronStore

Offline lmulli

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:08 PM - 01/20/19 »
Lots of talk about the Azeron, however, it appears to be somewhat of a work in progress.  Personally, I'd be somewhat disgruntled having paid good money for the device, that a few days later they release a newer version with more options for the same price, i.e the recent addition of the D-pad.

The nav controller, for all it's faults, works well and is ideal for the couch player - with something like the Azeron or G13 you'd have to mess about finding something for it to balance on. I do have a G13, but got it out of the box once, looked at it, put my hand on it, and put it back in its box!! (and that is where it remains!)  Also tried it with a mechanical keyboard, again, went straight back in its box as it just felt wrong for gaming on the couch.  I even purchased a Roccat Sova but felt that the mouse and keyboard were too close together, and the mouse mat was way too small.

I'm sure someone on this forum was talking about developing their own nav controller with more buttons, but it seems to have died a death and I've not heard anything about it for a long time.

No doubt in 6 months or so, once the Azeron has been perfected, I might have a look at that, but can't bring myself to invest in a work in progress knowing that the following week a new version might be released with more functions.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:04 PM - 01/20/19 »
Azeron is not a work in progress. If you read the reviews, peoeare saying theyíre surprised about the fact itís being hand made. All issues people were having with it seem to have been fixed.

Thereís really nothing else that can be added.

We get the buttons we asked for, we get analog movement. Heís improved the analog sticks which was one thing people were complaining about and also the bottom, making it flat instead of slanted.

As you said you play on couch, I play with my mouse and mouspad on my lap and then my Nav hand resting to the left of the spavevmy Nav would be moving around. Took some messy crafting to remove all problems that come with it but it works and itís how I feel comfortable.

If you could find a way to make a keypad comfortable for your seating, the Azeron is definitely the best movement device out for Xim right now, if not, the Nav will do.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:23 PM - 01/20/19 »
Go Nav.

Offline fst_si

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: fst_si
« Reply #7 on: 02:44 AM - 01/21/19 »
Thanks for the feedback.  I probably wasnt clear in saying the G13 came into stock in my local second hand store for £45, but as you say that is half the price of these newer devices. 

I guess im just too impatient to wait 6-8 weeks for the device in which time I will have become more comfortable in my current setup (either with keyboard or nav).  Also too impatient to wait 6-8 weeks for it to arrive :) 

Offline Jamesbone

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FlexNup
  • PSN ID: Flexnitup
« Reply #8 on: 02:58 AM - 01/21/19 »
Thanks for the feedback.  I probably wasnt clear in saying the G13 came into stock in my local second hand store for £45, but as you say that is half the price of these newer devices. 

I guess im just too impatient to wait 6-8 weeks for the device in which time I will have become more comfortable in my current setup (either with keyboard or nav).  Also too impatient to wait 6-8 weeks for it to arrive :)

Yeah my azeron iw getting processed I had 31 orders before me I think I get mine mid February.

But yeah definitely use the nav over the G13 that thing is a just wack no ides what logitech were thinking when they designed it

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:16 AM - 01/21/19 »

Oh ok and yeah, thatís very understandable, only reason Iím waiting is because I have and am used to the Nav also, the longer I wait to order, the longer itíll take for me to receive it.

Iíd say the Nav is the better option over the G13 though.

Offline lmulli

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:05 PM - 01/21/19 »
Azeron is not a work in progress. If you read the reviews, peoeare saying theyíre surprised about the fact itís being hand made. All issues people were having with it seem to have been fixed.

Of course its a work in progress. If it were software, it would be akin to being a Beta release. A finished product doesn't need re-designing on a regular basis and new (different) versions being made. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, however, it's clearly far from being the finished article. I for one am not going to part with my hard earned money on a device that next week might feature something else that I feel compelled to want, therefore spending even more of my hard earned money on the new version!  Makes no sense.

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05:26 PM - 01/21/19 »

Of course its a work in progress. If it were software, it would be akin to being a Beta release. A finished product doesn't need re-designing on a regular basis and new (different) versions being made. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, however, it's clearly far from being the finished article. I for one am not going to part with my hard earned money on a device that next week might feature something else that I feel compelled to want, therefore spending even more of my hard earned money on the new version!  Makes no sense.
I agreed, it is work in progress and that is a best part of it, it is similar like KeyMouse, they are going similar way, by improving and releasing better version constantly. In that way I can improve keypad so buyers don't need to mod it. But there is one more thing, all improvements I'm making is compatible and will be possible to get in our store (just waiting for the new analog stick to arrive) so anyone can get them. New analog stick will be available as analog stick on our PCB board (need soldering 5 wires to change it) or whole Thumbstick body kit with new analog stick and 5-way d-pad (no soldering needed to change). As well new palmrest can be changed by changing just 2 top parts of keypad. I will not release any changes in this keypad version that requites to buy full new keypad. If anyone wants to buy new keypad because of changes, I always offer to get upgrades first instead of buying new keypad. And inform anyone in order queue for changes so they can change if interested.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08:58 PM - 01/21/19 »
Yeah I probably should have worded that differently, what I meant was people are already saying itís as good as a finalised product and it already tops most all other movement devices right now ( for Xim at least )

I can really see this product becoming the new keyboard for a lot of games.

Admin