XIM Community

XFPS sniper 3.0 keyboard incompatability?  (Read 1524 times)

Offline chuckd81

• View Profile
XFPS sniper 3.0 keyboard incompatability?
« on: 05:11 PM - 07/22/08 »
Hello all, I recently got an XFPS sniper 3.0 ( XIM1 in mail, and XIM2 on pre-order). I have a saitek eclipse.

I AM USING A WIRED 005 M$ controller. which I've read to be 'incompatible'.  My mx518 works fine, but I get no keyboard input. Would this behavior be exhibited even if the wired controller was not the correct version, or is the keyboard incompatible? Should I go buy a Mad catz ?

Or will my configuration work once I get my XIM1 ?

Thanks,

Offline wildstyle

• View Profile
Re: XFPS sniper 3.0 keyboard incompatability?
« Reply #1 on: 06:46 PM - 07/22/08 »
i think your good if you have a 005 -006

Offline ipn0tic

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ipn0tico
« Reply #2 on: 03:20 AM - 07/23/08 »
Hi

I have the same problem with one keyboard from Logitech, plus a Logitech G9 that does not work at all on XFPS. XIM 2 will solve all of this.

Best regards
J.O.

Offline chuckd81

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:40 AM - 07/23/08 »
So there isn't anyone that can either confirm that the 005 is incompatible with the XFPS, nor confirm that the setup will be compatible with the XIM 1 ?

Offline snooze

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Snooze
« Reply #4 on: 01:16 PM - 07/23/08 »
The Saitek Eclipse keyboard probably isn't working directly plugged into the XFPS Sniper 3.0 because it needs more power than the XFPS can give it. I don't have any real knowledge of this but I know some mice haven't worked because they didn't get enough power. If I am incorrect I'm sure someone will chime in and let me know, but since it is back lit with a bunch of led's I'm betting it is a power issue.
The Saitek Eclipse should work great when plugged directly into a pc and used in conjunction with the XIM1. As far as the 005 controller, it should work with the XFPS Sniper 3.0 and the upcoming XIM360 if you choose to do the DIY route. On the XCM site they say the Sniper 3.0 is compatible with even the latest wired M$ controllers and I believe 005 is the latest right?
I just bought a 005 but I haven't tried it yet with my 1st gen XFPS. I will tonight and let you know what I find. I'm sure others are already using a 005 with an old XFPS.

Hope this helps and I hope I made some sense in there.  :-\
« Last Edit: 02:54 PM - 07/23/08 by snooze »

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
  • PHD in Teledildonics (a pioneer in the field)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:43 PM - 07/23/08 »
afik  the 005 and 006 controller revisions only work with the XFPS 3.0 SNIPER PLUS (the beige one) the 005/006 revision is required for the xim360 (aka xim2) from my reading it seems to use the xim1 you need whatever controller revision works with your version of xfps
« Last Edit: 03:52 PM - 07/23/08 by SKAG187 »
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline chuckd81

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:45 PM - 07/23/08 »
thanks for the reply's, i have the beige XFPS So i'm guessing it's a sometype of configuration incompatibility. , just got the XIM1 today. I'm going to set that up. I'll report my progress later.

Offline chuckd81

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:19 PM - 07/23/08 »
Got everything working good with the XIM.. currently working on a good R6V2 config. I'm doing pretty well with my current.

sure beats the controller :)

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:57 PM - 07/23/08 »
Got everything working good with the XIM.. currently working on a good R6V2 config. I'm doing pretty well with my current.

sure beats the controller :)

Ohhhhhhh. R6v2, the most pain in the but configuration to get *just right* you should post what you a have in the config section for our scrutiny. :)
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.