XIM Community

Fortnite pixel skipping  (Read 3033 times)

Offline Feel

• View Profile
Fortnite pixel skipping
« on: 08:20 PM - 01/18/19 »
I have noticed since the last update when I try to trace say a ballon from a care package drop a longer ranges I get pixel skips all the way around. I cleaned my mouse pad, and made sure there were no obstructions to my sensor. I also tried 3200 and 4000 dpi which is what I usually play with and still get it. I tried smoothing but i havenít used it before but from what I can tell it didnít help. Anyone else have this problem or a solution

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Fortnite pixel skipping
« Reply #1 on: 10:36 AM - 01/19/19 »
I just looked at fortnite yesterday and didn't experience anything like this. Which platform are you playing on?
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:13 PM - 01/19/19 »
use sync common and/or add some smoothing
also go 500hz instead of 1000hz if your mouse struggles on 1000hz
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Feel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:27 PM - 01/19/19 »
I use common sync but play with my ads profile turned off. Should I try it with it on? Also I play with a Logitech wireless g pro and no matter how many times I set it to 500 hz polling when I look in the XIM app itís says the mouse is polling 1000 hz. Could that be effecting anything?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:59 AM - 01/20/19 »
the look mechanics of hip and ads are different in fortnite, if you use the hip translator (which only gives perfect results for the hip mechanic) for the ads mechanic of the game then you can except sub-par or even poor mouse performance
mouse acceleration is the most common problem that you will face when using a translator that hasnt been optimized for a game mechanic

as for the polling rate question, make sure that you tick the box "onboard memory" in the logitech gaming driver or else your changes will only be active as long as the mouse is connected to the pc
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Bado

« Reply #5 on: 09:06 AM - 01/20/19 »
the look mechanics of hip and ads are different in fortnite, if you use the hip translator (which only gives perfect results for the hip mechanic) for the ads mechanic of the game then you can except sub-par or even poor mouse performance
mouse acceleration is the most common problem that you will face when using a translator that hasnt been optimized for a game mechanic

as for the polling rate question, make sure that you tick the box "onboard memory" in the logitech gaming driver or else your changes will only be active as long as the mouse is connected to the pc

So by turning ADS off and using ingame ADS is that worse than using the translator? I hate how slow stairs feel when building also the G Pro Wireless says I have it on 1000Hz in xim when I have it on 500Hz also and have on board memory 

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: YouTube_d1sable
« Reply #6 on: 09:40 AM - 01/20/19 »
Bado just make ur ads page same sensitivity as hip page then still manage ur ads sense in game if u want to use that translator.

I still just use hip, i notice no ill effect as im shooting straight beams!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:07 AM - 01/20/19 »
Hip and ADS use the same ST in Fortnite so there is no need to worry about keeping the ADS page enabled. The above is true for games that use different look mechanics and STs between views.

Bado

« Reply #8 on: 10:31 AM - 01/20/19 »
Bado just make ur ads page same sensitivity as hip page then still manage ur ads sense in game if u want to use that translator.

I still just use hip, i notice no ill effect as im shooting straight beams!

Yeah I keep it disabled forever bro 💪

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:37 AM - 01/20/19 »
Hip and ADS use the same ST in Fortnite so there is no need to worry about keeping the ADS page enabled. The above is true for games that use different look mechanics and STs between views.

Ah great, Od1n seemed to say different above.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:23 AM - 01/20/19 »
Yes and I shared an explanation for this in my post.

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:26 AM - 01/20/19 »
Yep thanks, good to know.

Offline Xchronicx

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01:30 PM - 01/20/19 »
So ,.. common is better than default? Hm.. maybe Iíll switch back to common.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12:03 PM - 01/23/19 »

Ah great, Od1n seemed to say different above.

mist is right ofc, i thought theres a difference in the translators since a few seasons ago the sniper scope mechanic wouldnt work at all with the hip translator, but that seems to be gone/changed now

if i say A and mist says B then definitely listen to what mist says ;) ;)

Offline Ripkon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10:17 AM - 01/25/19 »
Switching to 500hz with Xim was the best move ive made. Makes it so much better.
XBOX ONE X  | Playstation 4 Pro | Switch | PC i5-4690k GTX 970

Mouse: FinalMouse Air 58 | DPI: 3200 | Hz: 500 | Mousepad: Reflex Lab | KB: GK61 60% RGB w/ Zeal 62g | Monitor: ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K 1ms | Headphones: Logitech Pro

Admin