XIM Community

Just a thought. RE. APEX users  (Read 1153 times)

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
Just a thought. RE. APEX users
« on: 06:43 PM - 01/18/19 »
maybe for OD1N? are you able to disclose how many units world wide have been sold ? just of the APEX? just curious as to how systemic the use of MnKB (or other periphials are on consoles) cheers.
Progress | Xbox One X | g502HERO | Logitech K200 | Sony Bravia kdl-32w670a |
OW | BFV | BO4 | DESTINY 2

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Just a thought. RE. APEX users
« Reply #1 on: 09:46 PM - 01/18/19 »
No one knows the number except me which I don't give out. But I've talked about it before where I said it's in the six figure range. Of course, compared to number of console/controller gamers out there, it's not something you'd describe as "systemic".
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:25 PM - 01/18/19 »
No one knows the number except me which I don't give out. But I've talked about it before where I said it's in the six figure range. Of course, compared to number of console/controller gamers out there, it's not something you'd describe as "systemic".

Wow, do you want my PayPal?

Iím playing😂

Good on you man, if you donít mind, was this the same for the Xim 4 / other xims?
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:50 AM - 01/19/19 »

OBsIV i effing knew you were ganna take that as a diss, define systemic :: relating to a system, especially as opposed to a particular part. ...... i just thought it was a cool way of putting that were abusing the system haha il leave it be.

didnt mean it in any bad way at all brother.. i love what your doing and what youve done. if it wasnt for you(and the other team members) i wouldnt be able to game every day ! big ups never a diss from me. me old mate you help us out way to much ;)

id love to know what you can really do with hardware and consoles, cause i dare say some one of your caliber can bend alot of rules.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 10:46 AM - 01/19/19 »
Oh, not at all! I thought it was an appropriate word for what you wanted to convey -- i.e. "widespread". No diss taken. :)

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:16 AM - 01/20/19 »
I knew it! A bunch of people are using mouse and keyboard lol.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:06 AM - 01/20/19 »

For real, the response to that Fortnite thread when they ď patched Xim ď should of made people realise😂😂

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #7 on: 11:20 AM - 01/20/19 »

Well, let's put in into perspective. Many AAA games have millions of players. Fortnite has 200 million registered users. But, even if 10's of millions, the number of XIM gamers on Fortnite, for example, is fraction of a percent. If you consider that XIM gamers play many different games, it means the chance that you'll run into someone using a XIM online is remote. Now, don't get me wrong, we are very proud of how the project has grown, but, in reality, it's still nothing compared to the huge controller gamer numbers out there.

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07:22 PM - 01/21/19 »
yer i get that OBsIV, youve got millions apon millions of xbox controllers sold each year .. plus the after market controllers..

i love the comments people make though regarding MnKB on a console. if they only knew lol it aint that simple.

does any one know off hand how controller players fair on PC eg. if a top tier console player jumped on Over watch or BO4  could they play the same as they did on console ? or does pc not offer aim assist options for them ? and then is the aim assist variables the same as said when they was on console ?

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:43 PM - 01/21/19 »
does any one know off hand how controller players fair on PC eg. if a top tier console player jumped on Over watch or BO4  could they play the same as they did on console ? or does pc not offer aim assist options for them ? and then is the aim assist variables the same as said when they was on console ?

This rarely happens but on fortnite it's becoming a thing recently.  Controller players like nickmercs have won events competing against the best PC players out there.  The aim assist actually gives them the edge in gunfights and the pc community hates it.  ;D

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:53 PM - 01/21/19 »

This rarely happens but on fortnite it's becoming a thing recently.  Controller players like nickmercs have won events competing against the best PC players out there.  The aim assist actually gives them the edge in gunfights and the pc community hates it.  ;D

ic, id be interested in knowing if its the same in BO4, Overwatch  and then further if a controller player is doing anything good in CS:GO via the steam console.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:03 PM - 01/21/19 »
Nahh, for call of duty, youíll never be able to be good as good PC players, controller limits you way to much. Just watch players such as TheGamingDefinition and youíll see what I mean lol.

Same with Xim, Xim players will never be able to get as good as a top PC player when it comes to certain aspects of gameplay.

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02:04 AM - 01/22/19 »
Nahh, for call of duty, youíll never be able to be good as good PC players, controller limits you way to much. Just watch players such as TheGamingDefinition and youíll see what I mean lol.

Same with Xim, Xim players will never be able to get as good as a top PC player when it comes to certain aspects of gameplay.

i certainly know what your saying.. i come from a pc background, what about tho. if you play with out AA ? or do you mean more asin the game play of vs other pc users as apossed to vs console players with AA?

like i know that cause im using AA atm, my tracking is ganna fall off when i go back to playing PC games,

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04:20 AM - 01/22/19 »
I feel like without without aim assist ( Xim ) youíll never be able to be as accurate as you can be on PC, as accurate and as snappy

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05:39 PM - 01/22/19 »
yer i sussed a few videos out, especially in OW league and then had a few games of CS:GO, i get completely what your saying..
1 the frames are slowed down HUMONGOUSLY so the game is alot slower, like (forget the name RGP?said) PC can fire alot faster.
2 you have the limitations of the sticks, i turned my sens up and tryed to be snappy, but the limiter thingy comes into play(red light meaning im moving to quickly)

but in saying all this i turned off all AA in overwatch because i am getting sick of not being able to play widow, and although not perfect straight away i faired alot better then  trying to battle AA. even pulled a couple CS flick shots out the bag hahaha but yer tracking is harder with no AA

do you think that if i xim w/ no AA i would be able to jump back on pc with out much dramas? i think maybe i would just have to change my playstyle to be more of an arm aimer than a flicker because of the way xim interacts with the controller,

sorry for going so off topic here guys