XIM Community

Razer turret for xb1 work with xim for games not supported by xbox?  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Pranksterxb1

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Prankster
I want to buy the razer turret for xbox 1 for to have a wireless set up for couch gaming. I was wondering since both are connected through 1 wireless dongle could i use the razer turret keyboard and mouse through the xim for games that dont support keyboard and mouse on xbo?. For example metro exodus

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Welcome to the community. Do we know if this can be used on a PC too?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Pranksterxb1

• View Profile
Thank you sir. I forgot my old log in. Ive been using the xim4 since launch and recently gave it to my friend and bought an apex and i love them both. But to answer your question yes this razzer turret launching for xbox 1 is confirmed to work on pc as well. I was really hoping this razzer turret would work with xim apex as well but i understand if it wont due to there being 1 dongle for both keyboard and mouse.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
I'm going to be brutally honest here - I wouldn't touch the Turret with a bargepole. Have you seen the size of the mousepad? It's retractable too, which creates a weak point between the keyboard and the pad.

Turret has Razer cheap and nasty written all over it. Granted, the alternatives aren't great either (Corsair Lapdog), but a Couchmaster Lapboard with a wireless (or wired) Logitech mouse & tenkeyless keyboard would serve you better at not a great deal more cost.

Roccat Sova looks ok too, but it's wired and Roccat is definitely a tier-two gaming company (their stuff isn't great).

If you're going for the native XB1 m/kb angle, that's dead on arrival with support for very few games. Maybe it'll get more love next generation (don't count on it, PlayStation native m/kb has been around for 24 years), but it won't amount to more than a blip on the XB1 radar. XB1 m/kb should also support other brands than Razer, so don't feel locked into the Turret.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Pranksterxb1

• View Profile
Im just looking for any wireless keyboard and mouse combo for couch gaming and this looked like a decent choice. Was just wondering if it worked with apex cause the support for it is very low and apex supports everything i need

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
It's difficult to know until someone reports it as working.

If Turret connects wirelessly via a USB dongle, it should be ok. Other wireless m/kb devices from Logitech, Razer and other brands work with Apex.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Admin