XIM Community

New here  (Read 144 times)

Offline MaGooseIsLoose

• View Profile
New here
« on: 06:22 AM - 01/12/19 »
Been a PC gamer for around 8 years now after leaving console behind. Wanted to go back and play with friends but controller is just an alien input for me now. Was very skeptical of XIM at first to be honest, the idea that you could even make M+KB feel half as good by basically emulating controller input just seemed like it wasn't going to go down very well to me, and i held off of buying the XIM4 a year or so ago.

Then some friends were really getting back into playing BOPS4 and i made the plunge with the new XIM Apex and WOW! i don't know how you've done it, it just feels like wizardry but i can really use my M+KB for BOPS on PS4. Its not perfect and you never advertise it as such but i'll go as far to say it is 95% there for me and that is just using the standard or default config with sens adjustments.

Most of the threads on here go over my head at the moment and i'm going to have to sit down and wrap my head around the advanced settings and all the terminology at some point. But for now i'm just gonna take a week or two to just use the device as standard as can be and make adjustments as i learn and see fit.

Bravo guys, what a tool!

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: 06:34 AM - 01/12/19 »
First bit of advice: ignore curves at first, don't be tempted to equate curves = better simply because it's under the "Advanced" section. Just plug, play, enjoy. If you need curves, the reasons will find you, you don't need to go find it.

You'll see many people who just bought a XIM come here and ask for curves. Uggh, why? What problem are they trying to solve? Don't go looking for solutions to problems that don't exist, just start with enjoying it and mess about with it later IF the need arises.
« Last Edit: 06:39 AM - 01/12/19 by piiwii »
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD mousepad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline MaGooseIsLoose

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:48 AM - 01/12/19 »
First bit of advice: ignore curves at first, don't be tempted to equate curves = better simply because it's under the "Advanced" section. Just plug, play, enjoy. If you need curves, the reasons will find you, you don't need to go find it.

You'll see many people who just bought a XIM come here and ask for curves. Uggh, why? What problem are they trying to solve? Don't go looking for solutions to problems that don't exist, just start with enjoying it and mess about with it later IF the need arises.

Totally agree., there's a learning curve before all that...no ok i'll see myself out XD

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #3 on: 04:15 AM - 01/14/19 »

Totally agree., there's a learning curve before all that...no ok i'll see myself out XD
:)
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, CM Swift RX, Audio Technica ATH AD700, Soundblaster X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!