XIM Community

Y U Shouldn't Worry About Being on the XIM 3 500 List...  (Read 9271 times)

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
Ok. Let me state I have nothing to do with anything. Im not even on the email list Lawlz.

Let's start with this. 500 people is a LOT OF PEOPLE! For anyone that hasn't checked, the official XIM360 ebay account has sold (roughly) 456 xim2's since Feburary 9, 2009. Guys... A year and a half it's sold 456...

Second, there is a REASON the first 500 XIM 3's are going to "active members" of the community. XIM 3 is a brand new mail-order product. If there are ANY problems, this isn't something you can take back to Wal-Mart. Any teething problems will take understanding from users to sort out. Both time & knowledge.
Obviously, if you're not an "active member of the community". You're just screwed... It does no good for either a random person to get an XIM 3, or Obsessive to deal with such people.
XIM's sold by Obzycotton have always had a lifetime warranty. So there's no reason to fear any long-term problems. Great track record there...

So this begs the question. What is an active member of the community? Well to start with, you actually have to be here...
Again; I have nothing to do with anything & post count is meaningless. But for god's sake would some of yall actually look at the top 500 members in post count???

http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?action=mlist;sort=posts;desc;start=500

Ya. 20 posts... That's like... twenty minutes for mist or me on the website.

So again, stop worrying about it & try not to be an idiot & suddenly flood yourself to 30 posts. :P
« Last Edit: 05:48 PM - 12/08/10 by toysrme »
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Y U Shouldn't Worry About Being on the XIM 3 500 List...
« Reply #1 on: 01:01 PM - 12/08/10 »
Very well said toys. I feel much better now. I have been  following all of obsiv's projects since back in the msn blog he had. i just really want to be one of those 500 members, it would make me feel like i got paid back for my dedicationj to thi whole xim project. i loved both xims so far ansd i am sure i will love xim3 even more. it has been like a light in the tunnel for my console gaming. Thanks toys.

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:02 PM - 12/08/10 »
Once again, Toys brings the smackdown.  :)

everyone just needs to chill.  we will all find out when it's time.   8)

Offline technogiant

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:16 PM - 12/08/10 »
Yeah thanks for that bit of perspective Toys......I was a little concerned that in terms of longevity I was placed at position 1920 as I deleted my first account......but I guess many of those accounts are inactive, but in terms of activity its a much better picture.  :)

Offline buds

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:22 PM - 12/08/10 »
Interesting post Toys, thanks. At the end of the day I can probably count less than 100
known regulars on here that have posted regularly in the 2+ years I've been here.

Offline bluemanemt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:23 PM - 12/08/10 »
I haven't been here long but I am here often just reading. Seeing if toys has update his config for black ops. Checkin on the XIM3 status and such. I'm not sure if I am considered active and I don't care. I got XIM2 I love it. It really needs to be put out into the market more for people like me who can't afford and frankly don't want to continue in PC gaming and want to join their friends on the console arena. Since I got XIM2 my brother and I have been "competing" in gamebattles. We are doing pretty good only one loss so far because I didn't spell my gamertag right on the first match. Anyways back on track when I get the chance to buy XIM3 you bet your @#$% I'm going to but I'm in no rush for it to happen. I'll take it as I get it.

Oh and by the by. The members list sorted highest post mark and down.

I'M ON PAGE 14!   NUMBER 405    YEA BABY!
« Last Edit: 01:29 PM - 12/08/10 by bluemanemt »

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:32 PM - 12/08/10 »
Heh , toys posts are always blunt and to the point. I love it.  :o

Offline Zenigame96

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Shiny Zeni
  • PSN ID: Zenigame96
« Reply #7 on: 01:32 PM - 12/08/10 »
Yeah, toys is pretty much just awesome...

I myself have been keeping tabs on this for about a year, but haven't been very active in the community. I just got my XIM2 a few months ago and have been loving it.

Of COURSE I would love to be on the initial "pre-production" run, but if I'm not I'm not going to cry about it, that will be my own fault for not being active enough. :P

On the other hand... today IS my birthday.. Wanna make one little exception for me OBsIV!?  ;)

Either way, people need to stop whining. Chances are it will be publicly available in the next couple months (or less, hopefully!) anyway.

Offline flyphil76

• lol cakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:46 PM - 12/08/10 »
Well put.
Sent from my iDevice.

Offline Gabbagod

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:00 PM - 12/08/10 »
A-friggin-men!!

Trust Toys to lay down the law!
« Last Edit: 02:08 PM - 12/08/10 by Gabbagod »

Offline Cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:05 PM - 12/08/10 »
Wish I wasn't so new here.
Only been following the XIM for about a week and it's all I've been thinking about.

Offline tracerbullet

• View Profile
    • When Games Collide
« Reply #11 on: 02:14 PM - 12/08/10 »
Thanks for clearing things up toys.

Offline mugho23

• LMS - #6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02:33 PM - 12/08/10 »
good post +1
XIM3 Proud Owner

Offline thekeeper

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: PrimaBase
« Reply #13 on: 02:35 PM - 12/08/10 »
Good posts are always welcome  ;D
XIM3 Current Set:
- Logitech G9X - Razer Nostromo (Modded Analog)
- Puretrak Talent - Panasonic 50GT60

Offline Vladtaltos

• gamertag: whey2jack3d
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02:39 PM - 12/08/10 »
lol, I've been lurking on these forums since before I even had a xbox 360. Only made an account recently after buying the Reach bundle. Still just lurking daily not even logging in reading up on the upcoming Xim. I will actively post and partake once I am a proud owner. I don't worry about when I will be able to purchase one even though I am super psyched about bring kb/m ownage to 360. I mean Christmas is coming up, I' sure people will get other goodies to tide them over, like a racing wheel for GT5 for ps3 users  :D .

I would like to say that there have been so many threads on this topic sometimes 50% of the days new threads. It's been addressed by so many people that you guys are making my lurking tedious! Maybe,...hopefully... this will be the last thread and I can go back to lurking painlessly.

Prob going to rack up some negative karma from the authors of aforementioned threads but what do I care.  ::)

Just to be safe you guys think I should post another 20 times ? lol  :P

Admin