XIM Community

Should I buy a Xbox One X? Worth upgrading?  (Read 169 times)

Offline Bado

• View Profile
Should I buy a Xbox One X? Worth upgrading?
« on: 02:38 PM - 01/12/19 »
I have a Xbox One S , but someone was telling me that the Xbox one X runs a lot smoother and you get more of an advantage running better and etc? I donít have a 4K monitor but I would love to know if itís worth upgrading to a Xbox one X or not.

Offline Feel

• View Profile
Re: Should I buy a Xbox One X? Worth upgrading?
« Reply #1 on: 02:56 PM - 01/12/19 »
100% worth upgrade. I did over the holidays when they went on sale for Black Friday and even without the 4K monitor itís leaps and bounds better hardware wise.

Offline Hazy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:14 PM - 01/12/19 »
Im playin on the old Xbox Fortnite 3600+ wins
My Friends switched all to Xbox x or pc. And the Turbo Build and framerate is so much better.

Online Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:47 PM - 01/12/19 »
I don't have an Xbox One S so I can't compare it to X but there is a big difference between PS4 and PS4 Pro games and the margin of a power difference is smaller. Not only that but there is further a noticeable difference between between Pro and X versions of games. So making the jump from One S to X would probably be close to a generational leap. And you don't need a 4k TV to take advantage of it. The graphics are much improved and in higher res games you gets super sampling at 1080p which makes the games look a lot cleaner anyway. The advantage in shooters this gives you can't be understated, especially when it comes to spotting enemies at a distance.

So I would say upgrading to one X from S is highly recommended. The only thing I would consider is that a new gen of consoles is guaranteed by the end of next year and both systems are very likely to be backwards compatible.

Offline RichieScan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:28 PM - 01/12/19 »
Yes... itís certainly worth it