XIM Community

Will Xim be detected if I don't max sensitivity?  (Read 302 times)

Offline Intrickit27

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ???
  • PSN ID: ???
Will Xim be detected if I don't max sensitivity?
« on: 07:53 PM - 01/11/19 »
I've been playing Fortnite for about 9 mo. now and have messed around with many settings. Always maxing everything out like instructed. Today I decided to change that and I'm doing better. I brought in game x and y down to 0.80 and targeting sensitivity to 0.50. I like it a lot and wanna stick with it. Will something happen if I do?
Monitors- Samsung UH750 4K , LG W2363D
Systems-Xbox One X, 2nd Xbox One, and Xbox 360
Peripherals/accessories- Steel Series Rival 600(New) and Logitech G502(mouse), Sony move navigation stick, Audio devices-Creative Soundblaster X7 and Astro mixamp 2013, Head candy-Audio Technica ATH-AD700X, Sennheiser PC360, Mousepads- SteelSeries 9HD and Qck     Keyboard/mouse adapter- XIM Edge, XIM4, XIM Apex*New*

Offline guitarpanda

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Will Xim be detected if I don't max sensitivity?
« Reply #1 on: 08:00 PM - 01/11/19 »
No. You do whatever feels best.

Offline Intrickit27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:13 PM - 01/11/19 »
Awesome! Thanks. I've played for years at max always fearing I'd get in trouble if I changed it. Lol! I wish they didn't make it seem like a requirement or else I would have changed it a long time ago. Well, maybe not. Max settings have always felt fine except for Fortnite.
Peripherals/accessories- Steel Series Rival 600(New) and Logitech G502(mouse), Sony move navigation stick, Audio devices-Creative Soundblaster X7 and Astro mixamp 2013, Head candy-Audio Technica ATH-AD700X, Sennheiser PC360, Mousepads- SteelSeries 9HD and Qck     Keyboard/mouse adapter- XIM Edge, XIM4, XIM Apex*New*

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:16 PM - 01/11/19 »
your xim only works as intended if you use the recommended ingame settings
the reason is that the smart translator is optimized for only that specific ingame setting, if you go with a different one then you can face a lot of inconsistencies such as poor mouse movements, mouse acceleration, skipping and so on
the most common thing to experience is mouse acceleration ,which can boost aim assist, hence you might like this setting more
if that is the case then there are better ways to achieve the same aim assist behavior or even more :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Deazly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:46 PM - 01/11/19 »
Odin is awesome. What a nice way to phrase it =]

Offline Intrickit27

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:28 AM - 01/12/19 »
your xim only works as intended if you use the recommended ingame settings
the reason is that the smart translator is optimized for only that specific ingame setting, if you go with a different one then you can face a lot of inconsistencies such as poor mouse movements, mouse acceleration, skipping and so on
the most common thing to experience is mouse acceleration ,which can boost aim assist, hence you might like this setting more
if that is the case then there are better ways to achieve the same aim assist behavior or even more :)
Thanks again Od1n. Yeah, i'm aware of the different ways. My reason for doing so is the separate x/y adjustments i can make. It feels closer to what controller players have. Out of all the settings i've seen people using for Xim no one has messed with the x/y on it. I have seen it changed on Call of Duty a number of times, but not Fortnite. For example- Rml's settings for Cod games in the past. He would change the y/x for hip to 0.85. Is that the same thing i did in game? If so, why aren't people messing with it? Feels better. Steady aim gives me that kind of feel, but not quite. It just feels more balanced when i'm looking at the shotgun reticle in my opinion.
« Last Edit: 04:07 AM - 01/12/19 by Intrickit27 »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:21 AM - 01/13/19 »
Odin is awesome. What a nice way to phrase it =]

thanks, to someone who isnt a native speaker thats worth twice as much ;)

Thanks again Od1n. Yeah, i'm aware of the different ways. My reason for doing so is the separate x/y adjustments i can make. It feels closer to what controller players have. Out of all the settings i've seen people using for Xim no one has messed with the x/y on it. I have seen it changed on Call of Duty a number of times, but not Fortnite. For example- Rml's settings for Cod games in the past. He would change the y/x for hip to 0.85. Is that the same thing i did in game? If so, why aren't people messing with it? Feels better. Steady aim gives me that kind of feel, but not quite. It just feels more balanced when i'm looking at the shotgun reticle in my opinion.

it is impossible to say what axis ratio you play on when you go 80-80 ingame. console games usually favour the horizontal over the vertical axis as most game scenarios dont involve any vertical combat
mist is adjusting the axis to a 1:1 ratio when he is training the game, so without a smart translator and ingame 100-100 controller speed you would most likely not have a 1:1 ratio, therefore its hard to say what axis ratio 80-80 will give you

a xim xy ratio of 0,80 will favour horizontal over vertical movements too, its a solid feature if your game doesnt have a lot of weapon recoil (vertical compensation required)

the concept of steady aim is different though, it is like angle snapping and will not affect your axis ratio
instead it will try to force your movements to either 100% horizontal or 100% vertical inputs
If you use a low steady aim value this is hardly noticeable though, a value of 2-5 will make it much easier to keep your mouse on a perfect horizontal or vertical level without you noticing any negative effects
(which is why you experience it as more balanced, which it actually is)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 03:29 AM - 01/14/19 »
I like 1.25 YX in Fortnite, it's easier to make headshot adjustments within the hitbox.
Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad