XIM Community

Question about native mouse support? [FORTNITE]  (Read 391 times)

Offline UnbeatableSwag

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: UnbeatableSwag
Question about native mouse support? [FORTNITE]
« on: 04:07 PM - 01/10/19 »
Is there a recommended dpi range on native kbm in fortnite?
like with xim i know alot of people recommend 3000-4000dpi...
but wouldnt i use a lower dpi for native like i would with pc for example like 800dpi?

thinking about switching to native to get the benefit of using the cursor in inventory and instant editing

I Guess a better way to ask the question would be "does 800 dpi on pc = 800 dpi on native ps4 kbm?"
 besides the delay and all

Also is there a specific polling rate i should be using? ive heard 125hz is best for native is that true?
« Last Edit: 05:16 PM - 01/10/19 by UnbeatableSwag »

Online d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: d1sable
Re: Question about native mouse support? [FORTNITE]
« Reply #1 on: 05:26 PM - 01/10/19 »
Native is horrible on Fortnite. Does not feel like PC at all with any dpi.

Also u can instant edit on xim already.

Its really weapon selection that is the main draw of native.

Offline UnbeatableSwag

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:29 PM - 01/10/19 »
how do u instant edit on xim then? for me u have to hold down the build button (O) to edit and the timing of it feels terrible i was looking to get the quick 1 button press edits like pc

also xim apex is just a pain in the @#$% in general to find a good setting. theres way too many varibles ive been playing fortnite for almost a year now with plenty of settings changes and cant find anything good to me
« Last Edit: 05:38 PM - 01/10/19 by UnbeatableSwag »

Online d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:13 PM - 01/10/19 »
Its just in game settings. Change to 1 click instead of hold

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:47 PM - 01/10/19 »
Native support has improve a lot, and doesn't have the lopsided deadzone that XIM has. No acceleration and you can build memory muscle.

Go 800dpi and try different sensitivity values.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Yeyian Spark Keyboard - e-Sports Ventus R - Zowie G-SR

Offline UnbeatableSwag

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:09 PM - 01/10/19 »
Sounds good! Thanks Ill try it! I know the experience is still far from pc because of delay.. but will 800 dpi act the same as 800 dpi on pc? i was wondering because Id like to carry over my in game same settings from pc  !  also wouldnt i have to bump the polling rate down from 1000hz to something like 125hz??

Offline tepidblack

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:20 AM - 01/11/19 »
Going to add a +1 for native mouse on Fortnite. People calling it horrible clearly havenít bothered with it since the game came out, in recent months itís without a doubt the closest a console has ever got to matching PC mouse input, at least on PS4. 800DPI makes the menus unusable though Iíd go for 1600+

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:33 PM - 01/11/19 »
Exactly, native support it is better.

Better than XIM?, yes.

As good as PC?, closer than XIM.

If you do the 360 turn, you always go back to the same spot. ADS tracking is 1:1 too.

I think what happen most XIM users got used to XIM feeling, and prefer having the advantage of aim assist. But yeah even Titan Two Smart Translator is slightly better than XIM, more consistent.

I mean unbiased opinion, you don't like it?, ignore it.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Yeyian Spark Keyboard - e-Sports Ventus R - Zowie G-SR

Online d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:08 PM - 01/11/19 »
Well i havent played on native for ages so yeh maybe its changed.

My experience in the past was that it was awful. I play PC games regularly so would welcome it being the same feeling. May check it out again.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:26 PM - 01/11/19 »
even if its better now i dont see any point in using native mouse and keyboard support when you play in pc lobbies and:
- your game runs on high details with shadows enabled unlike PC low details no shadows
- custom resolution for streched video plus stronger crosshair outlines
- 60hz vs 144hz or even 240hz pc players
- lower game engine delay on PC
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Online d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:56 PM - 01/11/19 »
All very valid points

Offline Deazly

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:49 PM - 01/11/19 »
Also I think console is at a disadvantage server/network wise as well. When in mixed lobbies my connection is worse, making me think Pc netcode has another advantage, latency when cross server. Hence why too gamers use controller on PC.
Gameplay @ TWITCH and YouTubes

Offline tepidblack

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03:44 AM - 01/12/19 »
even if its better now i dont see any point in using native mouse and keyboard support when you play in pc lobbies and:
- your game runs on high details with shadows enabled unlike PC low details no shadows
- custom resolution for streched video plus stronger crosshair outlines
- 60hz vs 144hz or even 240hz pc players
- lower game engine delay on PC

Iíll take a PC mouse feel with PC build controls and direct weapon slots over all of these disadvantages tbh. And realistically, how many people on Fortnite PC do you think actually bother with any of these settings, outside of the top 30% or whatever? I doubt the average Fortnite PC player knows what a refresh rate is much less how to run in stretched resolutions.

If this was a different game it would be a different situation, but Fortnite has reached that level of Counter-Strike 1.6 permeability, where there are probably more people playing on their laptop with an iGPU than there are people playing on proper rigs.

Offline cataklysque

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: cataklysque
« Reply #13 on: 04:00 AM - 01/13/19 »
The native support has gotten better on Xbox in the last few days. Seems they're still working on it, the latest Preview Delta build for Xbox Insiders included some improvements.

I prefer to play native, though I agree with Od1n's points and put those issues on Epic and the matchmaking system. In Fortnite, a controller player can perform as well (and sometimes better) than a player using a mouse and keyboard. This isn't true in all games. The great differentiator in fortnite is performance, NOT input method. High performance (fps, hz, low latency, etc) is king.

Using native is essentially taking your volvo to race against ferarri's. Pretty big disadvantage.

But, if you want to be able to play Fortnite on PC, or any games with mouse and keyboard on PC and want to grow your mousing "skill" as a discipline, going native until you can get a proper PC set up is the way to go. It's not perfect, specifically I've found some issues with tracking and micro movements that I don't experience on PC, but it's close.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11:00 AM - 01/13/19 »
Iíll take a PC mouse feel with PC build controls and direct weapon slots over all of these disadvantages tbh. And realistically, how many people on Fortnite PC do you think actually bother with any of these settings, outside of the top 30% or whatever? I doubt the average Fortnite PC player knows what a refresh rate is much less how to run in stretched resolutions.

If this was a different game it would be a different situation, but Fortnite has reached that level of Counter-Strike 1.6 permeability, where there are probably more people playing on their laptop with an iGPU than there are people playing on proper rigs.

yes thats true, but the probability to run into the top30% (or let it be top10%) drastically rises the longer you survive in the game
in the top5 maybe 3 or 4 out of 5 players run 140hz no shadows stretched or whatsoever
you can run into a PC player of equal skill and the only (theoretical) reason you lose is hardware limitation :/
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay