XIM Community

A Few Questions for XIM Apex & 1 Suggestion for Dev's  (Read 190 times)

Offline Convivium

• View Profile
Hello ! I am new to the XIM Apex.

I play PUBG on XBX1. I have a SteelSeries Rival 600 mouse and a Redragon K582 kb. I also have a CronusMax Plus running scripts and the 5V 3A Power Supply running to the XIM APEX. Additionally, I bought a PS3 Navigation Controller for under $10 on Amazon.

My setup works fine. Everything is OK on the setup side of things.

However, I still have several questions.

First, is there a guide that explains what each individual option actually does in the XIM Manager Configuration App? For instance, what does "Use Aim Translator" or "Use ADS Translator" do? How about Smoothing? What does smoothing do?

I every much appreciate the new videos posted on YouTube about some of the newer features in the XIM Manager App, and I will keep those in mind for future reference. Most new features don't apply to PUBG though. They only apply to games with Aim Assist.

Maybe someone could post a link to the XIM Manager Guide or a link to more information on the individual feature options in the Manager App.

Secondly, more importantly, why is it suggested to run your in-game sensitivities at the MAX level. I have experimented with the in-game setting at the max value and tried them at the values I would normally use for the regular controller. As far as my mouse movement goes, I really can't tell a difference. I was using a polling rate at 500 MHz in the XIM Manager and on the mouse. And my DPI was set to 4000.

I followed the helpful YouTube video about how to find your XIM APEX Sensitivities and I really can't tell a difference. I know when I have my in-game sensitivities set at the max values, when I ADS and fire my weapon, if I move my mouse in the slightest bit the bullets spray all over the place. I believe my AIM Sensitivity is set to 23.05 and my ADS Sensitivity is around 3.01.

I would like to say that sometimes small movements with the mouse on the normal in-game sensitivities throw it off but not nearly as much as when set to max in-game sensitivities. I also realize that the game designer tries to thwart the use of M & KB but I don't think this is the reason simply because BlueHole and PUBG Corp have bigger issues to worry about than people who play their game using a M & KB. After all, I am still playing their game.

I guess what I am saying about the in-game sensitivities is: if I chose not to set my in-game sensitivity to the max level, am I able to offset this by either: 1) increasing my DPI OR 2) increasing my AIM and ADS Sensitivities in the XIM Manager App? Or both? Or, what happens if I decrease my DPI to 2000 but increase my XIM Manager Sensitivities? Or vice versa? 
What if I kept the normal in-game settings but used a ballistics curve to slow down my mouse when ADS'ing?

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Third question, am I able to use a USB 2.0 hub on the keyboard slot on my XIM APEX? I was wondering if I plugged a USB 2.0 Hub into the 2nd slot on my XIM Apex if I could use the Keyboard and PS3 Navigation Controller at the same time - provided I mapped the controls correctly- also, keep in mind, I do have a 5V 3amp Power Supply connected to my XIM Apex- i.e. I don't think power drain should be an issue.

I like I would like to use the Analog Stick for movement, ADS'ing and Third Person Targeting and have a few keys, such as the XBOX Button, View Button and Menu Button, mapped to my keyboard.

Would this work?

Finally, I would like to make one suggestion to the XIM APEX Development and XIM Manager App Team. It mostly has to do with these genre's of Battle Royale games that games developer have to implement in order to fit all the controls that one needs into a standard analog controller.

One thing I have noticed is that one button may have two outputs depending on the length of time it is pressed.

For instance, since I play PUBG on XB1X, the X Button for example. Tapping the X Button causes you to interact with objects- i.e. Open Doors, Pick up Objects. A tap is usually considered anything under 1000 milliseconds.  However, Holding the X Button for something greater than or equal to 1000ms or 1 second makes you reload your weapon.

Is there a way to incorporate this into the XIM Manager App? I feel that distinguishing between a button "tap" and button "hold" would allow much more of a true keyboard port from the original game design.

I guess what I mean is, in the XIM Manager App, are you able to develop and implement if a button mapped to the keyboard is suppose to be a "Tap" or a "Hold"?

For example, going back to the X Button on the Analog Controller. In the XIM Manager, each button would have "Tap" output and underneath it a "Hold" output. So if I mapped my X Button Tap in the XIM Manager to my keyboard "F" key it would perform the X Button Tap output. But if I mapped my X Button Hold to the "R" key, if I press and release the "R" key it would actually send the command to "Hold" X for 1000 milliseconds.

I feel like having this customization in the XIM Manager App is almost a necessity to achieving the true functionality of using a keyboard and mouse on these new consoles and condensed controller outputs.

It's just a suggestion though.

This is my first post, I had a lot of questions and didn't want to take up Forum space by creating multiple topics for each question, so I am sorry if this post was a little long.

Please comment and provide any feedback.

Thank you for your time.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: A Few Questions for XIM Apex & 1 Suggestion for Dev's
« Reply #1 on: 12:46 AM - 01/11/19 »
Welcome to the community and thank you for your suggestions. Concerning the advanced settings in Manager, we do have instructional videos for those but not for the ones just released in the Beta. Are there specific settings you were interested in learning more about?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 02:01 AM - 01/11/19 »
1. Most advanced settings are explained on XIMGameplay's YouTube channel. There's other use-case specific stuff like Turn Assist that don't get a lot of coverage because few people use them.

HIP is when you're moving around normally and not aiming down sights. ADS is aiming down sights. I suspect they're explained in the Introduction Videos. That's common knowledge though and likely doesn't require a detailed explanation.

2. XIM translators are trained at max in-game sensitivity. For the most accurate 1:1 mouse aim modelling, it's recommended to use max settings. One key difference between aiming with a mouse and with a controller is the mouse's ability to maintain micro-accuracy with high overall turn speeds. There's nothing saying you have to use max in-game sens, I tend to run a few notches below on same games.

3. Yes, you can daisy-chain USB hubs to do as you've described.

4. Splitting context-sensitive buttons into an array of separate bindings can be achieved using a Titan Two and plugging the keyboard direct into it instead of XIM. Mouse stays on the XIM, XIM also plugs into Titan Two. Personally, I like my bindings nice and compact so I prefer contextual buttons, but I do these kinds of bindings for easier access to weapon wheels that are unwieldy with a mouse.

Good suggestion though :)

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Convivium

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:42 AM - 01/11/19 »
Welcome to the community and thank you for your suggestions. Concerning the advanced settings in Manager, we do have instructional videos for those but not for the ones just released in the Beta. Are there specific settings you were interested in learning more about?

Thank you for the reply.

Yes. I would like to know the difference between "Use Aim Translator" and "Use ADS Translator."

Also, I am curious as to what the Deadzone does in the XIM Manager. I know what a deadzone is but I am curious if I set a deadzone on my Right Stick in the XIM Manager will that produce a deadzone on my mouse pad.

Currently, I have my in-game deadzone to 20. If I set my XIM Manager Right Stick Deadzone to 10,000, does that 10,000 add to the 20 in-game deadzone OR does it have any effect at all since I am using a mouse?

Those are a few but the

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 09:57 AM - 01/11/19 »
Hip and ADS use different aiming systems so there is a different translator for each. The community requested the option to allow them to force XIM to use Hip for ADS or ADS for Hip which is that setting. I don't recommend changing it.

The DeadZone settings are for attached joystick. This only applies to the left stick as you are using a Nav. The Right Stick settings aren't used.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Convivium

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:05 AM - 01/11/19 »
1. Most advanced settings are explained on XIMGameplay's YouTube channel. There's other use-case specific stuff like Turn Assist that don't get a lot of coverage because few people use them.

HIP is when you're moving around normally and not aiming down sights. ADS is aiming down sights. I suspect they're explained in the Introduction Videos. That's common knowledge though and likely doesn't require a detailed explanation.

2. XIM translators are trained at max in-game sensitivity. For the most accurate 1:1 mouse aim modelling, it's recommended to use max settings. One key difference between aiming with a mouse and with a controller is the mouse's ability to maintain micro-accuracy with high overall turn speeds. There's nothing saying you have to use max in-game sens, I tend to run a few notches below on same games.

3. Yes, you can daisy-chain USB hubs to do as you've described.

4. Splitting context-sensitive buttons into an array of separate bindings can be achieved using a Titan Two and plugging the keyboard direct into it instead of XIM. Mouse stays on the XIM, XIM also plugs into Titan Two. Personally, I like my bindings nice and compact so I prefer contextual buttons, but I do these kinds of bindings for easier access to weapon wheels that are unwieldy with a mouse.

Good suggestion though :)

I have a CronusMax running scripts but I am familiar with the Titan 1 & 2.

Would you happen to know what "InFrame In" and "InFrame Out" in the Options Menu for the Titan One and CronusMax do? Like a good explanation in Layman's Terms. I read some of the Wikipedia stuff on USB Frames but I am a Nano-Particle Engineer not a Computer Engineer.

I know what the description says but do you actually know if I should turn either one "Off" or "On" when using the XIM Apex?

Also, if my polling rate is set to 500 MHz, both XIM Manager and Mouse, should I Enable or Disable the 1 millisecond response in the Titan One/CronusMax Options menu.

Picture below of the specific options I am referring to:

« Last Edit: 10:58 AM - 01/11/19 by Convivium »

Offline Convivium

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:29 AM - 01/11/19 »
Hip and ADS use different aiming systems so there is a different translator for each. The community requested the option to allow them to force XIM to use Hip for ADS or ADS for Hip which is that setting. I don't recommend changing it.

The DeadZone settings are for attached joystick. This only applies to the left stick as you are using a Nav. The Right Stick settings aren't used.

Gotcha on the Deadzone!  8)

But for the Translators, Hip Aim is what I consider just running around and when you see someone you fire your weapon, no ADS.

However, PUBG has a Focused Hip Fire or Third Person Targeting that is enabled by holding the LB Button for Type B setups. Type B is just where Left Trigger is ADS and Right Trigger fires the weapon, just like Call of Duty.

Would you recommend to use the "Aim Translator" or the "ADS Translator" setting when I add the Focused Hip Fire sensitivity to my "Auxiliary 1" slot in the XIM Manager App?

That was the reason for my question.

I have one last question but will wait for your reply above before asking. It's really not a question, just more of an assumption and individual preference thing I suppose.

Thank you for your help.