XIM Community

Ignorance is bliss..  (Read 385 times)

Offline Dels95

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Dels95
Ignorance is bliss..
« on: 06:53 AM - 01/10/19 »
Does anyone else get the continuous backlash from mates/randoms that the only reason youíre outplaying your opponents is due to your use of keyboard/mouse on console?

Itís literally never ending..

Offline Kuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Zergsy (Smurf Account)
Re: Ignorance is bliss..
« Reply #1 on: 07:18 PM - 01/10/19 »
I guess you could say thatís what we get for using M&K on console.

My friends donít give me backlash for using it, they just see me as another normal player. I do get the occasional message telling me to ďkysĒ or that Iím ďcheatingĒ and have an ďunfair advantageĒ over everyone else.

Regular controller players will never understand until they try themselves. I just deal with it, itís actually humorous too.

I actually got a message just last night from someone in an arcade match of OW saying I got reported and Iím going to get banned. Itís sad people like that make claims that itís bannable or cheating without facts to back it up besides personal belief.

You wonít get banned and never will, Iíve been using a Xim for almost 2 and a half years, Iím still not banned and Iím open about it.

Just donít let people get to you, weíre all here to have fun, theres always going to be those people no matter what.

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:38 PM - 01/10/19 »
Some XIM users deserve to get hate. They go out of their way to show they're using a mouse by doing crazy stuff in the kill cam to show off like rapid wiggles and such, then go and msg other controller players about how crap they are. They start smurf accounts to reset their KD's and brag about how good it is, too ashamed to play on their original pre-M&KB accounts. I've played with a XIM for 5 years now and I've never, ever been accused of using a M&KB because I'm not a total wanker with it. I don't put others down when I beat them, I don't send patronising hate messages, I don't flaunt the fact that I'm not using a standard controller.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD mousepad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 01:35 AM - 01/11/19 »
I'm heading towards 9 years using a XIM. It's no different than using a steering wheel or arcade stick, yet no-one, ever, has accused them of cheating.

Both major consoles natively (but poorly) support m/kb. Both have licenced m/kb devices (Razer's one for MS is laughable). XIM is simply the best m/kb solution, with support for all console shooters. I fail to see where solving a problem the console manufacturers have failed to address properly is classified as cheating.

I don't get accused of cheating on console (not that I'd notice anyway as all non-friend PMs are ignored), but I did get called a scammer on Gumtree the other day for selling XIMs. Poor lil fella just needed some education ;)

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:49 AM - 01/11/19 »
Luckily not, my friends donít even take notice of it because they know how I played on controller, especially trying Fortnite again Iím more being made fun of for not playing as well as I used to lol.
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #5 on: 03:45 AM - 01/11/19 »
I was given my OG XIM4 by a controller-using friend who found out that he's just better with a Scuff than with KB&M.

All my friends, that I could now play on PS4 with, knew that I was using a XIM and none of them cared because:
a) they understood the limitations of the device as well as it's benefits, and
b) they knew that I was still crap! :)

No-one that is not a friend IRL knows that I use a XIM because I don't tell them. I'm proud to be a XIMmer, but I really can't be bothered to educate people that think using a XIM is an unfair advantage. Advantage, yes. Unfair, no. And they can buy one if they think that it's going to make anyone a better player.
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, CM Swift RX, Audio Technica ATH AD700, Soundblaster X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:10 AM - 01/11/19 »
i use XIM but i am still garbage 😂 i never ďoutplayĒ anyone even tho i have a huge aim advantage over all the padders in OW
« Last Edit: 10:25 AM - 01/13/19 by ƑȒƐƐĿǾ »

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 08:19 AM - 01/11/19 »
Funny thing about me is i use XIM but i am still garbage  i never “outplay” anyone even tho i have a huge aim advantage over all the padders in OW
Forget everybody else, they shouldn't even enter the debate. Controls are a subjective thing.

I guess the whole point of a XIM is are you better with or without a mouse?

In every single FPS, I'm better with one. But, in many third-person shooters, I'm better with a controller. Just like I'm better with a steering wheel for driving sims, but a controller for arcade drivers.

Picking the right tool for the job isn't cheating, it's optimising performance  8)

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Dels95

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Dels95
« Reply #8 on: 10:55 PM - 01/11/19 »
Funny thing about me is i use XIM but i am still garbage  i never ďoutplayĒ anyone even tho i have a huge aim advantage over all the padders in OW
Forget everybody else, they shouldn't even enter the debate. Controls are a subjective thing.

In every single FPS, I'm better with one. But, in many third-person shooters, I'm better with a controller. Just like I'm better with a steering wheel for driving sims, but a controller for arcade drivers.

Picking the right tool for the job isn't cheating, it's optimising performance  8)

Very good point, like your view on it!

Offline tepidblack

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:23 AM - 01/12/19 »
Some XIM users deserve to get hate. They go out of their way to show they're using a mouse by doing crazy stuff in the kill cam to show off like rapid wiggles and such, then go and msg other controller players about how crap they are. They start smurf accounts to reset their KD's and brag about how good it is, too ashamed to play on their original pre-M&KB accounts. I've played with a XIM for 5 years now and I've never, ever been accused of using a M&KB because I'm not a total wanker with it. I don't put others down when I beat them, I don't send patronising hate messages, I don't flaunt the fact that I'm not using a standard controller.

I mean, itís basically impossible not to do mouse wiggles in the killcam because you know, youíre using a mouse, but does anyone actually do all that other stuff outside of a few OW players on YouTube? Definitely not enough people like that for us all to get tarnished with the same brush

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:54 AM - 01/12/19 »
I do think that Iím better with a mouse. I mainly purchased XIM because i got sick of using controller for FPS games, but also because the DualShock4 controllers IMO are letís just say not the best in terms of quality and I wasnít willing to spend $100+ on a scuff/nacon/raiju etc. but to me XIM seemed like it would be worth it and it is  :D
« Last Edit: 03:59 AM - 01/12/19 by ƑȒƐƐĿǾ »

Offline Rain1dog

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rain1dog
« Reply #11 on: 05:23 AM - 01/12/19 »
Funny thing is... itís really not that big of an advantage as people think.  Matter of fact Iíve seen countless controller players melt Xim users. 

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05:43 AM - 01/12/19 »

I mean, it’s basically impossible not to do mouse wiggles in the killcam because you know, you’re using a mouse, but does anyone actually do all that other stuff outside of a few OW players on YouTube? Definitely not enough people like that for us all to get tarnished with the same brush

I didn't paint everyone with the same brush, I said "some". As far as wiggles go, yes it is possible to restrain yourself from even minor wiggles. It's just a bad habit. But I'm not even talking about minor wiggles, I see people blatantly spamming their mouse in wild circles like a mad man just to provoke the other team. As for the trash talk, I play Siege which is a more competitive game than most, and after 2500 hours I've seen it all, and it's very common yeah. My controller friends receive lots of demeaning crap from M&KB players and when you check their stats, they're like level 30 (a new account) with platinum or diamond and clearly using a mouse when you watch their kill cams. Obviously I am totally fine with using M&KB, but if you create a smurf account, IMO you have no right to brag about your K/D and send toxic messages to standard controller users. None. K/D bragging is bad in general, but when using a M&KB *and* a smurf account it's just really poor form especially in a game with no aim assist.

All I'm saying is be humble about it and just play, don't act like a total dick because you have an advantage. If you are acting like a dick, as per my original comment then all the hate is warranted.
« Last Edit: 06:10 AM - 01/12/19 by piiwii »
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD mousepad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05:53 AM - 01/12/19 »
Funny thing is... it’s really not that big of an advantage as people think.  Matter of fact I’ve seen countless controller players melt Xim users.

Depends on the game. COD has strong aim assist. Siege - it's a whole different ball game. I don't have the stats like OBsIV has, but I'm willing to bet that if you look at the numbers, the number of people who bought a XIM to play Siege is one of the highest growth drivers in recent years because of how much of an advantage it gives you compared to other games. That's if increased forum activity regarding Siege is any indicator, and I think it is.
« Last Edit: 06:01 AM - 01/12/19 by piiwii »

Offline parjn

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10:21 PM - 01/12/19 »
I do think that Iím better with a mouse. I mainly purchased XIM because i got sick of using controller for FPS games, but also because the DualShock4 controllers IMO are letís just say not the best in terms of quality and I wasnít willing to spend $100+ on a scuff/nacon/raiju etc. but to me XIM seemed like it would be worth it and it is  :D

I got the xim precisely because the ps4 controller gave me cramps. Now that I have a different set up, it is weird to get used to, but I think I'll be cramp free when I game. I do it for comfort. the idea that its better than controller is just an added benefit.

But I don't tell any of my friends that I have a mouse and keyboard. I even go out of my way to muffle the sound of the keyboard so they can't hear it when we're in party. Hopefully I won't have to do that with the azeron that I ordered though.
PS4 Slim | Corsair K68 | Logitech g502 | Xim Apex | Azeron Original