XIM Community

Updated: BO4...Aim slowdown Curve. (functions separate from ADS)  (Read 1413 times)

Offline Jojo_IDGT

• A PC, and Console Gamer
    • View Profile

The purpose of this curve is to simulate the aim slowdown effect. You commonly see this used in PC gaming as a setting/function. It's also a common function that many mice have, however, a mouse would achieve this by activating a lower DPI setting, this is referred to as "DPI Clutching".

The reason I felt the need for this function is because I have neuropathy (nerve damage) that causes my right arm to slightly shake. While I move my arm it has less effect, but trying to hold still for a moment is difficult. This poses an issue for me when trying to make precise shots while aiming. Since I also play BO4 on PC (along with other popular titles), I have experience using this function. With console having aim assist (or target assist), it's more appealing to me personally.
In regards to sensitivity, my personal preference tailors to me but seems to be common to other XIM users. I prefer a higher HIP sens so that way I use more wrist movements when looking 90° to the right and left. I like to make 180° turns with a quick/short swipe of the arm. In my experience with BO4, HIP to ADS transitions smooth if the ADS sens value is not drastically lower than HIP sens. So,
this is where I have an issue with precision, its due to my ADS sensitivity being a bit high. This doesn't necessarily have the same effect for others using similar settings but for me its hard to keep the mouse perfectly still for that moment.

However, with what I'm sharing gives me that ability in a more efficient way than lowering my sensitivity or applying the curve directly to the ADS config. I basically keep my settings for HIP/ADS the same (close to 1:1 as possible) and apply this curve to an AUX config. My sensitivity settings basically mirror those in ADS, the only difference is the curve applies in the AUX config. I set the "Left click" (fire) button on my mouse to activate it and the joystick button on the SonyNav (also used for run/hold breath) to deactivate it. It's not often that I deactivate it but this would make for a quick adjustment without leaving ADS and/or stop firing. It's the same concept of how it works for PC gaming, just applied differently.

Anyways, It was to my surprise how well this actually works with the games target assist. It seems to really help lock on target, just like it would by lowering the ADS sensitivity. What I'm really pleased with is how it achieves what I needed it to do and I didn't have to change my preferred sensitivity settings.
 With that being said, this is not to assume that the config will work for every individual. This is the reason for my long winded explanation of what inspired me to create this curve. I do however, feel it was worth sharing because there has been several individuals that have done the same and their insight has help me.

If interested, copy and paste the code below to a new BO4 ST. If you understand how I configured this, copy the curve as it's provided on its own.                         

Full config (Use this if you want to see how I applied the curve/setup, or change it to better match your preferred settings):
Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [COD BO4 (ASD)] START COPY >>>

X5C: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:X5C

<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

Just the Curve:

>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:gACAjYErgdKCfYMtg+CElYVNhgeGwoeAiD+I/4nBioSLSIwNjNSNm45jjy2P95DCkY2SWpMnk/WUw5WTlmKXM5gEmNaZqJp7m06cIpz3ncyeoZ93oE2hJKH7otOjq6SEpV2mNqcQ:X5BC
« Last Edit: 10:23 PM - 01/13/19 by Jojo_IDGT »
Console: PS4 Pro and XBOX ONE X | Converter: XIM Apex and XIM4 | KB/Controler: Razer Orbw or Sony Nav | Mice: G502, G903, or Razer Trinity | mouse Pad: Razer Firefly (HardPad) or HyperX (SoftPad)

Offline baadnewz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: baadnewz2k9
Re: BO4...HIP and ADS Curves. Try them out!!!
« Reply #1 on: 01:04 AM - 01/10/19 »
I will try this tonight. Just changed my DPI to 3200. I am super curious about these curves.Can you post a picture.I am at work right now and I will have to wait 12+ hours to try them.

Offline Jojo_IDGT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:18 AM - 01/10/19 »
I will try this tonight. Just changed my DPI to 3200. I am super curious about these curves.Can you post a picture.I am at work right now and I will have to wait 12+ hours to try them.

Can’t seem to figure out how to add pictures from my phone—I’ll add the pics shortly from my computer.

Update: I failed miserably trying to use the image function in this site. Sorry I’m unable...If  someone can explain the process it would be appropriated. I think it’s a file issue as only a small box, no image appears. 
« Last Edit: 04:50 PM - 01/10/19 by Jojo_IDGT »
Console: PS4 Pro and XBOX ONE X | Converter: XIM Apex and XIM4 | KB/Controler: Razer Orbw or Sony Nav | Mice: G502, G903, or Razer Trinity | mouse Pad: Razer Firefly (HardPad) or HyperX (SoftPad)

Online randomusername_LOL938338

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:42 AM - 01/10/19 »
what are these settings good for? would they be good for competitive games like hardpoint?

Offline Jojo_IDGT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:25 AM - 01/10/19 »
what are these settings good for? would they be good for competitive games like hardpoint?

YES, for me it works well for all game modes (Although, I haven’t tried Blackout).
 The question is, does the sensitivity work for you “personally”– you will have to try them out, possibly adjust a bit to form a solid opinion. I can almost guarantee it feels different. I’m sharing this for those that haven’t found their preferred settings. They won’t necessarily make you any better at a specific game mode.
 In fact, I noticed my K/D has dropped ~0.4 over the past week (Avg. K/D: 1.58). In other words, it takes time to adjust so you would have to be willing to sacrifice your current K/D. Personally, I can care less about K/D as long as I’m having fun!
I’m a suspenseful player and my settings are tailored to my playing style. I run & gun, strategically (using my map 70% of the time)— My goal is to quickly push up the map, but while doing so, I always consider the best vantage point.

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:20 PM - 01/10/19 »
how do I copy and use those? step by step pls.

Offline Jojo_IDGT

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:32 PM - 01/10/19 »
how do I copy and use those? step by step pls.

Sure. ...I’m not near my XIM but I believe this will help you through it.

First, In the XIM application have you “Enabled Expert Configurations” in global settings? If not, do that first...

Depending on the device you are using (I recommend a phone if you use the iOS or Android App Manager)
1. From this form select the coding inside the codeBox and copy it (use the select all option, if possible)
2. Open the XIM Mgr. and select your BO4 ST (I recommend creating a new BO4 ST)
3. For HIP select the three dots that appear directly below your sensitivity settings (expands to view more options)
4. Select “Ballistics Editor”
5.  Paste  the HIP curve you copied by selecting “Paste” (the Curve should appear)

6. For ADS, repeat the same process (1-5) in the ADS sections of the BO4 ST.

Note: if you’re using the PC Manager it is the same process.
« Last Edit: 04:38 PM - 01/10/19 by Jojo_IDGT »

Offline S13002931

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: S13002932
« Reply #7 on: 06:51 AM - 01/12/19 »
I made these curves specifically for BO4 (Syc. OFF). They work best at 3200 to 4000 dpi. They will work for 12k dpi, just expect to have a high amount of aim assist as your sensitivity will need to be low (example: HIP:19.25 / ADS:11.65). These curves better serve high sensitivity player (play using wrist movements).

Note: I made these curves for snap aiming (snapping  on your target every time vs. dragging on a target while still in ADS). Although, the ADS curve is plenty aggressive enough for entering in and out of the aimbox.

Here are my details
- Mouse: G502 Hero (500pr) (4000dpi)
- Hard mouse pad
- SonyNav controller

- In-game sense setting: 14H/14V - ADS 1x. High zoom 0.5

- Apex pull rate: 500
- COD BO4 ST
- Syc: OFF
- HIP sense: 60.00
- Smooth: 4
- X/Y: 1.00
- SA: 0.00
- Boost: 0.00

- ADS sense: 36.50
- ADS delay:270ms
- SAT: OFF
- Smooth: 3
- X/Y: 1.26
- SA: 0.00
- Boost: 0.00

HIP Curve:
X5BC:gACA4YHJgsKDyYTZhfGHEIg2iWCKkIvFjP2OOo96kL6SBZNOlJuV65c9mJKZ6ZtCnJ6d/J9coL6iIqOIpNGmBacQpxCnEKcQpxCnEKcQpxCnEKcQpxCnEKcQpxCnEKcQpxCnEKcQ:X5BC

ADS Curve:
X5BC:gACA4YITg3GE7YaCiCyJ6Iu0jY+PeJFsk22VeJeNmayb1J4FoD6if6THpxCnEKcQpxCnEKcQpxCnEKcQpxCnEKcQpxCnEKcQpxCnEKcQpxCnEKcQpxCnEKcQpxCnEKcQpxCnEKcQ:X5BC

Full Config+Curves:
>>> XIM APEX [Call of Duty: BO4 (4k.dpi)] START COPY >>>
X5C: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:X5C

What dpi is set on configuration  ? 3000 ? 3100 ? 3900 ?  .... ?
PS4 Pro 1tb SSD, 2tb hdd |Xim Apex 1000hz|Titan Two|Swiftpoint Z Mouse|Logitech G Pro wireless  16k dpi|Logitech G440 hardpad|Corsair K63 TKL keyboard |4k Samsung Uh750 27.9" monitor|Blue Yeti microphone|X-rocker pro 2.1 gaming chair 2016 model|Netduma R1 router♡ Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless headset♡Azeron Compact keypad  (expected to be delivered in March)  you really read all that ? :)

Offline Jojo_IDGT

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:19 AM - 01/12/19 »
I’m using 4000 DPI.

Offline S13002931

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: S13002932
« Reply #9 on: 10:27 AM - 01/12/19 »
Thanks I will try
PS4 Pro 1tb SSD, 2tb hdd |Xim Apex 1000hz|Titan Two|Swiftpoint Z Mouse|Logitech G Pro wireless  16k dpi|Logitech G440 hardpad|Corsair K63 TKL keyboard |4k Samsung Uh750 27.9" monitor|Blue Yeti microphone|X-rocker pro 2.1 gaming chair 2016 model|Netduma R1 router♡ Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless headset♡Azeron Compact keypad  (expected to be delivered in March)  you really read all that ? :)

Offline The prodigy

• View Profile
Re: Updated: BO4...Aim slowdown Curve. Try this out!!!
« Reply #10 on: 09:09 PM - 01/12/19 »
Interesting idea of only using it on your fire button. I'll be giving this a try later.  :)

Offline Jojo_IDGT

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:21 PM - 01/12/19 »
Interesting idea of only using it on your fire button. I'll be giving this a try later.  :)

Yeah it’s crazy how it works. It locks right on!
« Last Edit: 09:26 PM - 01/12/19 by Jojo_IDGT »

Offline Domenic.HRO

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10:47 PM - 01/12/19 »
What's the difference between your ADS profile and the many others from other users, like rml's?

Offline Jojo_IDGT

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11:34 PM - 01/12/19 »
What's the difference between your ADS profile and the many others from other users, like rml's?

As for the ADS, there’s nothing really special about it. I believe it’s different from RML’s. This doesn’t have a delay value applied, I’m using smooth aim transition (SAT) and no boost. Many people are probably doing the same.
What I actually shared is something different and I haven’t seen many people use it like this. It works in conjunction with ADS.
For example, when in ADS (not firing) the crosshairs move around more freely like they normally would, but when you fire, the crosshairs now slowdown.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01:53 AM - 01/13/19 »
I literally have a 3.2 ekia/d without a curve. All I use is the default.1:1 and I have perfect aimbot like aim. A friend of mine I met on twitch ps4 has the same and does not use curve. Bo4 has enough aim assist to the point where you don't really need a curve to slow down aim. You can simply do that with mouse control.