XIM Community

Best dpi for bo4?  (Read 1034 times)

Offline randomusername_LOL938338

• View Profile
Best dpi for bo4?
« on: 06:45 PM - 01/09/19 »
im the ultimate dummy when it comes to the xim and was wondering what dpi really does? I put my dpi on 12000 on my logitech g502 mouse because i thought the higher dpi would give me the best experience, I am being told a lower dpi is better, my sens for bo4 is 11.50 and my ads is 6.5

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
Re: Best dpi for bo4?
« Reply #1 on: 07:56 PM - 01/09/19 »
From my research something around 3200 DPI is the perfect setting to use with the XIM for any game

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
  • FPS Games are 10% Aim and 90% Positioning
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:45 PM - 01/09/19 »
3200 is great, I've been told 2^n multiples of 800 dpi are best for this mouse
Competitive Call of Duty | G502 on QcK XXL | DM me to talk about Comp Xim Settings

Offline baadnewz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: baadnewz2k9
« Reply #3 on: 12:56 AM - 01/10/19 »
I've played for the last 2 months on 12K DPI with 1000 Hz on my G502.(Logitech G440 hard pad). Last night I changed my settings to 3200 DPI, 500 Hz. Seemed to me that I was playing better but it still needs some tweeking. I've tried all the settings in the world by now,12K DPI,800,3200.4000.6400,then I went with 1000 Hz,500 Hz,250 Hz. I think that once I figure out bursting the aim assist bubble on 3200 DPI, I will be gold. I will play more tonight and let you know. But 3200 DPI seems to be the sweet spot. You get to abuse the aim assist and if you can find a way of bursting the aim assist bubble,you will be a GOD.

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:09 AM - 01/10/19 »
500 boost on ADS pops right through the bubble
Competitive Call of Duty | G502 on QcK XXL | DM me to talk about Comp Xim Settings

Offline baadnewz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:16 AM - 01/10/19 »
500 boost on ADS pops right through the bubble

Doesn't that screw with your micro movements? I was told that anything above 300 really screws you.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:37 AM - 01/10/19 »
thankyou for all your responses, i really do appreciate I will be changing my dpi and giving a lower dpi a whirl :)

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:50 AM - 01/10/19 »
I've played for the last 2 months on 12K DPI with 1000 Hz on my G502.(Logitech G440 hard pad). Last night I changed my settings to 3200 DPI, 500 Hz. Seemed to me that I was playing better but it still needs some tweeking. I've tried all the settings in the world by now,12K DPI,800,3200.4000.6400,then I went with 1000 Hz,500 Hz,250 Hz. I think that once I figure out bursting the aim assist bubble on 3200 DPI, I will be gold. I will play more tonight and let you know. But 3200 DPI seems to be the sweet spot. You get to abuse the aim assist and if you can find a way of bursting the aim assist bubble,you will be a GOD.

sorry but what do you mean by bursting the aim assist bubble? I dont know what you mean by that

Offline baadnewz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:43 AM - 01/10/19 »
sorry but what do you mean by bursting the aim assist bubble? I dont know what you mean by that

Call of Duty,especially Black Ops 4 has one of the strongest aim assists from all the games you play on console. Using a low DPI might get your aim stuck on a target making difficult to switch from target to target. Or even work against you when you engage a target.
Meaning that,even if you aim at the person,the aim assist will block you from putting your gun right on the character of your enemy,and get stuck into an invisible buble that surrounds that character.
I don't know how to explain this better,english is not my native language. What I mean,is the fact that your aim will land exactly near the target character,being somehow blocked by the aim assist to reach your desired target,that being your enemy.
You will feel that your sensitivity is too low and if you increased it by even 0.5 your problems will disapear. But that will not be the case always. Sure,you can increase your sensitivity,that might help.Others use the boost feature. And others use different DPI (HIGHER DPI) and different type of synchronization. You might also want to try that.
That's why,there is no right DPI or perfect sensitivity,or perfect config.The reasoning behind this,being that each one of us is different. I,for one,never played PC games.I mean I played PC,but when I was very young. I had a PS2 since I was 12,so console games was my thing. That means that I preffer aim assist as much as possible. But too much aim assist with make difficult for me to enter or exit that bubble that I was talking about. I've been using the APEX since july last year. I've spent hours upon hours on this forum and youtube,reading and watching tuturials and I still haven't found "MY PERFECT DPI" .I am getting close but I still watch and read about configs,as much as I can.

I hope that this post could help you understand. If anyone has a simpler explanation please,post a reply here. I hope my post wasn't too long and boring. Here is a tutorial that could make you understand better,this aim assist thing that some of us struggle with.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:17 AM - 01/10/19 »
Use what works best for you. There's no such thing as the "best" dpi or polling rate.

Offline Jamesbone

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FlexNup
  • PSN ID: Flexnitup
« Reply #10 on: 06:44 AM - 01/10/19 »
I'm using 16k dpi 1000hz  logitech g pro wireless mouse feels good to me.

Lets hope infinity wards game this year feels exactly like infinite warfare felt with using a mouse that game was amazing using xim felt so close to PC!

Bo3 and 4  aim assist is ridiculous you almost dont even have to aim, I feel like I just ADS and I aim with my movement LOL hard to explain

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:38 PM - 01/11/19 »
Bo3 and 4  aim assist is ridiculous you almost dont even have to aim, I feel like I just ADS and I aim with my movement LOL hard to explain

I know exactly what you mean. In Treyarch games, the left stick is almost as important as the right stick when it comes to aiming.

Offline LavenderGoomz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: I don't want salty kids reporting me
  • PSN ID: I don't want salty kids reporting me
« Reply #12 on: 01:33 PM - 01/11/19 »
I strongly recommend for players that use keyboard play with the highest dpi possible, 12k..I played with 4k dpi and thought it felt fine but noticed I had a 8% headshot percentage. After talking to the guy that does the xim tutorials, sorry forgot his name. He turned me onto 12k dpi with sync off, now headshots percentage is 19% and I'm able to move into and out of the super strong aim assist. Just my experience

Offline baadnewz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:27 AM - 01/12/19 »
I strongly recommend for players that use keyboard play with the highest dpi possible, 12k..I played with 4k dpi and thought it felt fine but noticed I had a 8% headshot percentage. After talking to the guy that does the xim tutorials, sorry forgot his name. He turned me onto 12k dpi with sync off, now headshots percentage is 19% and I'm able to move into and out of the super strong aim assist. Just my experience

I know what you mean. I tried to play the last few days with 3200 DPI and 500 Hz. The aim assist was so strong I couldn't win a single gunfight close range. It felt super good and sticky at long range but at mid to close range it was awful. I will never touch anything bellow 12k DPI,NEVER again. I never tried sync off,though. I've seen many people using it,but never tried it myself. Is it really that good?

Offline 1me

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06:01 AM - 01/12/19 »
You can easily play with low dpi in bo4 (like 1600), all you have to do is increasing the xim sens. And if you do that accordingly, it doesn't matter if you play 1600 or 12k dpi.