XIM Community

A Xim users shame  (Read 619 times)

Offline Bloodmyth

• View Profile
A Xim users shame
« on: 03:42 AM - 01/09/19 »
So I recently bought a Xim Apex, I stupidly told my gaming friends but donít regret the purchase..

Iíve been a Mouse and KB user for 30yrs, playing many games but mainly mmoís and fpsís, even after all these years Iím still pretty good sitting nicely between average and Godlike, not as fast reactions wise from my youth but enough above average to still enjoy gaming and feel competitive.

As youíll be aware the latest FPS genre, Battle Royales, took over the world but I just couldnít enjoy them, the games felt old and sluggish and I hated Fortnite but that was probably down to an age thing, then COD announced Blackout, I played the Beta and loved it, result!

My pc gaming friends werenít really interested though and I knew solo or random quads would soon lose its appeal so a couple of my RL console friends convinced me to buy a PS4 COD bundle and join their squad and it was so much fun, the banter, the laughs and the team work was great, apart from one thing, I couldnít use a controller for toffee, after a few weeks of always being the first Dead with few kills throughout the night I did some research.

I found my beautiful game saving Apex, literally by the end of day 1 I had improved and by the end of the week I was getting questions about my performance so I confessed and now they donít let me forget it, Iím probably 2-3rd best in our player pool of 8 and Iím no better or worse in the game than I was on PC as in Iím above average but no where near those godlike players. The guys arenít awful to me but now if I kill 4+ players in Blackout theyíll be a random but you cheat comment.

But in no way do I regret buying it, I donít go into advanced ways of micro managing my gameplay, I simply wanted to be back at my skill level matching the feel of pc gaming and thatís what I have, I love the guys in the squad we seriously have so much fun but now Iím not the deadwood and enjoy it so much more.

Sorry for the long post, if you read it all well done lol, I just wanted to share my experience.

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: xiiProG_NiTROiix
Re: A Xim users shame
« Reply #1 on: 03:48 AM - 01/09/19 »
I just laugh and ask them if they are using 720p or a fat old TV when they really obviously not I just laugh and ask why in that case would I choose to use a crappy input device that has barely changed since around 1998
Mainly play overwatch
Generally high master low gm ☺

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:42 AM - 01/09/19 »
I told my buddies too. I felt like I didn't have anything to hide. And of course, every time I do good and they do bad it's because of mouse and keyboard. But, they can buy the same thing and use it if they desire. The thing is, it doesn't matter whether or not I use a controller or if I use mouse. I will always be good at Call of Duty. I just take naturally to that game. So, I plugged in a scuf that needed to be charged and showed them. That's what helped me decide to switch to analog because I destroyed with my controller as well. The Xim is just a preference. It doesn't make anyone a God if they are already bad at a game. But, it can helped a person that is good at a game perform better because it makes you feel more comfortable. The exact same as using a fight-stick instead of a controller. Those guys that are good with a fight-stick were already good with a controller as well. So, for every lurker that reads our posts on here just to go to Reddit and cry. Buy the Xim and see if it is really that much of an advantage. Read reviews and see how.many people returned it because they struggled. And respect the fact that it is just an accessory😉 We don't complain about their modded controllers and scuf controllers on here. We adapt and conquer. #XimRocks!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 04:52 AM - 01/09/19 »
Is a steering wheel cheating? How about an arcade stick? A flight controller? Plastic guitar?

I don't know why people have a pole up their arse about mouse and keyboard when all it is, is an alternative and arguably superior input device for the shooter genre. It's the same reason I use all of the aforementioned controllers for their respective genres, but nobody ever says boo about them.

If there was a better input device than a mouse, PC gamers would have migrated to it decades ago. Both Sony and Microsoft have licenced mouse & keyboard devices on console. Both PS4 and XB1 now natively (and poorly) support mouse & keyboard (Sony has for 24 years).

It's time for these naysayers to put their big boy pants on and accept that a mouse on console is just another input device. XIM does not make me remotely close to a remorseless killing machine, but it does make an old PC gamer competitive.
Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Axelstrife

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: nickskitz93
« Reply #4 on: 05:26 AM - 01/09/19 »
Yeah my mates say the same things too, i just say they are using the worse peripheral and that shooters are not meant to be played with a stick.

Offline Minipeace

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:39 AM - 01/09/19 »
My friends also rub it in but itís a laugh and we can all take the banter.
Smoke me a kipper, Iíll be back for breakfast.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:05 AM - 01/09/19 »
Is using your pee pee instead of your finger cheating?
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 03:57 PM - 01/09/19 »
Is using your pee pee instead of your finger cheating?
It depends - mouse or keyboard?
Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Jojo_IDGT

• A PC, and Console Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:33 PM - 01/09/19 »
The funny thing is many XIM players have the challenge of fighting the aim assist that was perfected for the controller. We have the ability to manipulate it but it simply wonít function as it was designed. Iím sure if some folks could perfect the aim assist while having the controllability of a mouse, it would be a sad day for those control-er freaks. IMO, itís pretty level playing ground, and really itís about the time applied in getting better.
Console: PS4 Pro and XBOX ONE X | Converter: XIM Apex and XIM4 | KB/Controler: Razer Orbw or Sony Nav | Mice: G502, G903, or Razer Trinity | mouse Pad: Razer Firefly (HardPad) or HyperX (SoftPad)

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:19 AM - 01/10/19 »
The funny thing is many XIM players have the challenge of fighting the aim assist that was perfected for the controller. We have the ability to manipulate it but it simply wonít function as it was designed. Iím sure if some folks could perfect the aim assist while having the controllability of a mouse, it would be a sad day for those control-er freaks. IMO, itís pretty level playing ground, and really itís about the time applied in getting better.
My setup does just that. It works effectively with the AA.

Offline Roronoa

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:50 AM - 01/10/19 »
what is your config please?

Offline full58

• The opposite of empty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05:50 AM - 01/12/19 »
feeling old and sluggish has nothing to do with you. it's the shortcoming of a controller.

a good input device is one that enhances your control. not one that requires you to overcome its limitations to be effective.

I'm gonna tell you just like the razer rep at ces said to ign about their turret for Xbox one. ign asks "is this fair for the console kiddies using controller?"   the rep laughs and says "No, it's not. They're just gonna have to learn that a controller is not the way to play shooters"

I was gonna link it but ign took it down. probably because of the way "console kiddies" were framed by ign. or not. just never seen them take a video down before. the interviewer, I don't know his name. he's the one with lame arm tats. right after he asked that, it was like he realized he just sorta disrespected controller users, so quickly he said "well I'm a console kiddie too. but I learned to play shooters on mouse and keyboard"

comments section was on fire of course. most support for mouse and keyboard I've ever seen to date.  it probably grew worse and got taken down. vid was posted less than 24 hours ago.
« Last Edit: 05:58 AM - 01/12/19 by full58 »