XIM Community

Xim4 to pc switch  (Read 76 times)

Offline LDLuig12

• View Profile
Xim4 to pc switch
« on: 01:42 AM - 01/09/19 »
I recently started using my xim4 again and didn't like unplugging my kb/m from my pc to the xim4 and back and forth. I've seen that I can use switches or sandhawc with a transfer cable. Is there a recommended switch and can i use other transfer cables other than the belkin brand?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Xim4 to pc switch
« Reply #1 on: 03:36 AM - 01/09/19 »
For XIM4, I believe it has to be that specific Belkin cable for SandhawC.

You can try a USB switch, but performance varies due to Windows 10 being somewhat inconsistent with swaps. After 3 or 4 swaps from XIM to Win10, the keyboard can disconnect and won't reconnect until the PC is rebooted.

This issue is specific to Win10. macOS, Win7 and Win8.1 don't have this problem, so it's not the XIM, but something in the Win10 USB host.

A third alternative is a Titan One or Titan Two controller adapter. You can leave m/kb attached to PC and use the Gtuner app to feed them through to console. This method on T1 or T2 can be used for mice, keyboards, joysticks, wheels, flight controllers etc. Titans also add macroability to XIMs, if you wanted to use rapid-fire, anti-recoil etc.
Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline LDLuig12

• View Profile
Re: Xim4 to pc switch
« Reply #2 on: 10:14 AM - 01/09/19 »
I'll just buy the cable then, seems like the best way to do it without any problems. Thank you for the info