XIM Community

Hori Tactical Assault Commander Pro  (Read 1178 times)

Offline ejsilk

• View Profile
Hori Tactical Assault Commander Pro
« on: 03:12 PM - 08/25/18 »
Hi,
Any chance of making the keypad side of the Tactical Assault Commander Pro more compatible with the Xim Apex?
Right now every button works in PC keyboard mode except for the analog thumbstick.

Offline ejsilk

• View Profile
Re: Hori Tactical Assault Commander Pro
« Reply #1 on: 02:16 PM - 08/27/18 »
OK OBsIV or mist4fun

What do you need to make the Hori Tactical assault commander pro more compatible with the Xim apex?
And why doesn't it work with the Xim in PS4 Mode?

Has anyone got any thoughts on this? I would have guessed that this and the Hori Tactical Assault Commander Grip would be ideal for the Xim community.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 04:11 PM - 08/27/18 »
Does it have a PC mode, if so, have you tried that? If it doesn't work in PS4 mode, that means it's not working like a DS4 controller.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline ejsilk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:07 PM - 08/28/18 »
Hi,

Tried it in PC mode and all the buttons work but the analog stick doesn't.
Maybe there is a way to get this to work as for now I'm baffled on why it doesn't work.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 12:24 PM - 08/28/18 »
In PC mode are you using it as a cross-console controller (i.e. you still have your console controller plugged in)? Please your TAC into your PC in PC mode and open up the game controller control panel. Do you see the butotn and stick visualization react to the movement of the stick?

Offline ejsilk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:14 PM - 08/28/18 »
yes, I'm using it with a PS4 controller plugged into the Xim and the TAC set on KBD mode. In KBD mode on windows 10, the analog stick moves the mouse cursor, also in the device and printers list, it shows the TAC as a  Keyboard called Mechanical TAC4.

When I switch the TAC to PS4 mode on the PC it shows up as a joypad with the x and y-axis box.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 03:26 PM - 08/28/18 »
So in PC mode the stick doesn't present itself as a standard USB joystick (not a PS4 one)? If not, this will not work. Sorry about that.

Offline ejsilk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:25 PM - 08/28/18 »
That's cool, maybe Hori could change this in a firmware update to make it more compatible with the PC.
I got it working in D-pad mode by reassigning the arrow keys to numbers in the setup pc software then put the switch from LS to DP.
only got this as my G13 is on its way out and a new one is going for 199 and up!!!

Offline ejsilk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:56 AM - 08/31/18 »
OK Guys
After trying to TAC to work on the Xim, I stumbled a link about the Magic-NS.
I ordered one from Amazon and now all the things I wanted to work, Work....
I just plugged the Magic-NS into port 2 on the xim, then plugged the TAC into the Magic-NS and ta-da it works, even the analog stick.

Thanks guys 

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:59 AM - 08/31/18 »
If you have now got the analogue stick working ... could you please tell me what happens with keys 8,12,13,14. ?

I remember reading somewhere that they will still register as WASD and move your player even if you use the joystick for movement ...  making them unusable for anything else.
Can you get around this and now assign them in xim manager?

Offline ejsilk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12:02 PM - 09/01/18 »
If you have now got the analogue stick working ... could you please tell me what happens with keys 8,12,13,14. ?

I remember reading somewhere that they will still register as WASD and move your player even if you use the joystick for movement ...  making them unusable for anything else.
Can you get around this and now assign them in xim manager?

Hi, the analog stick works fine, as for the 8,12,13,14 button, you can remap them as any other button available on the TAC using the TAC software on a PC.
I forgot to say that the TAC has to be in PS4 mode and that the Magic-ns on switch (red) mode to get the touchpad to work as its own button.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:05 AM - 09/02/18 »
Thanks for that, when you re-assign the keys in the TAC software does it let you use any normal keyboard key to pick from .. or does it only let you re-arrange the actual keys that are on the gamepad  ... i.e. change 8,12,13,14 for other keys that are on the gamepad? (if that makes sense lol)Thanks again for the input.

Offline Daniel hurtado

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09:09 PM - 12/08/18 »
Hello I have de same problem whit the hori keypad, can you copy the link of Amazon of the Magic-NS please

Offline burnttoast

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09:44 AM - 01/14/19 »
Any way of making this work for the xbox one?

Thanks