XIM Community

Configuration Pictures  (Read 109431 times)

holidayshrimp

Re: Configuration Pictures
« Reply #165 on: 01:56 AM - 02/06/11 »
Mine is similar to SHJO's.  I wanted Sprint+Prone to be easily accessible for drop shots (LIKE A NOOB!).

Notes:
-I want lethal+tactical to be cookable so keyboard for me.
-Jump to wheel is natural to me from CS bunny hopping days. 
-I need tomahawk to where it won't twitch the cursor so keyboard is natural
-Knife is ok on thumb because if it has a minor twitch it won't matter as I'm in melee range already.

Have a few dupes but they are natural and fluid for me.  R for reload and use are the same on controller I'll use whichever feels natural when I get my XIM3.

Thanks for awesome post! Has helped me tremendously as I've been looking at all the pictures and brainstorming about what I want to set it up as. 

Offline frogstomper

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 03:51 AM - 02/06/11 »
Glad to see some ESDF users. As soon as I switched to ESDF, there's no going back.

Why is it better than WASD?

Offline Defiler

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 02:29 PM - 02/06/11 »
Glad to see some ESDF users. As soon as I switched to ESDF, there's no going back.

More standard letter keys on the left side to bind to various useful things. Saves the big keys (which are easier to hit from further away) like Shift and Control (capslock to heathens) for important things.

Offline kodek64

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 04:04 PM - 02/06/11 »

More standard letter keys on the left side to bind to various useful things. Saves the big keys (which are easier to hit from further away) like Shift and Control (capslock to heathens) for important things.

I just placed my left hand on the ESDF keys and it makes a ton more sense than WASD since your hand rests on ASDF when typing. I really don't know how they came up with WASD, but I don't know if I'd be able to get used to ESDF after using WASD for so long.
XIM Sensitivity Calculator!
http://xim3-app.heroku.com/

Offline RideOn

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 08:44 PM - 02/08/11 »
Sharing mine. This is my COD BO setup. It's the default controller layout.

It feels really natural for me. Feel free to borrow/steal/copy of course.

I dislike the ADS on right mouse button, as holding it down makes me grip the mouse so tightly it throws off other mouse button actions (if it were a toggle, I would dig it).  Stlll juggling a button or two, but this config is almost perfect for me.  Much appreciated graefocs

Offline kodek64

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 10:30 PM - 02/08/11 »
Sharing mine. This is my COD BO setup. It's the default controller layout.

It feels really natural for me. Feel free to borrow/steal/copy of course.

I dislike the ADS on right mouse button, as holding it down makes me grip the mouse so tightly it throws off other mouse button actions (if it were a toggle, I would dig it).  Stlll juggling a button or two, but this config is almost perfect for me.  Much appreciated graefocs

Black Ops supports toggling ADS on some button configurations. You should check that out and see if it makes a difference.
XIM Sensitivity Calculator!
http://xim3-app.heroku.com/

Offline RideOn

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 10:39 PM - 02/08/11 »
I have black ops, but still learning the maps/game.  Concentring on MW2, since I know that game much better (trying to get a baseline for xim3).  Thanks for the heads up though.

Offline Uber Pooch

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 02:24 AM - 02/09/11 »
Gotta admit the PS Move Controller has me intrigued for FPS. Anyone use it for Halo Reach?

Speaking of Reach, I'm looking for config layout ideas. I currently have a G13 and G9X. Once I get something figured out I'll post a pic.

Offline SH3P

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 08:45 AM - 02/09/11 »
I'm exploring the idea to remap the sprint key from Shift to Alt for WASD players since my thumb is only really used for Jump (space) and can be switched back and forth easily.  Any tips on what to map to the open Shift? Crouch/Prone from C?

Offline ratsystem

• View Profile
ps move on xbox 360 w xim3
« Reply #174 on: 05:56 PM - 02/11/11 »
Hello,

I am sorry if there is a thread on this already, new to the idea of ps move and xbox 360.  I am guessing its possible (by all the pics and threads) that its possible to use a ps3 move controller with xbox and xim3?  If so can you please point me in the right direction as to how I would set this up on my xbox 360 and xim3 (once I get one). 

I am an old pc gamer but this does seem a bit intriguing so I can free up the space and not have a giant keyboard resting in front of the plasma tv in the living room.   Any input and help is greatly appreciated.  Btw, I have an older xbox, not a new black one, not a slim, just one of the first xbox 360's. 

Thank you in advance,

Rat

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #175 on: 06:04 PM - 02/11/11 »
Hello,

I am sorry if there is a thread on this already, new to the idea of ps move and xbox 360.  I am guessing its possible (by all the pics and threads) that its possible to use a ps3 move controller with xbox and xim3?  If so can you please point me in the right direction as to how I would set this up on my xbox 360 and xim3 (once I get one). 

I am an old pc gamer but this does seem a bit intriguing so I can free up the space and not have a giant keyboard resting in front of the plasma tv in the living room.   Any input and help is greatly appreciated.  Btw, I have an older xbox, not a new black one, not a slim, just one of the first xbox 360's. 

Thank you in advance,

Rat

You just use a USB cable to connect the PS Nav to the XIM 3. Nothing fancy or difficult.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline Uber Pooch

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: ps move on xbox 360 w xim3
« Reply #176 on: 06:13 PM - 02/11/11 »
I am guessing its possible (by all the pics and threads) that its possible to use a ps3 move controller with xbox and xim3?  If so can you please point me in the right direction as to how I would set this up on my xbox 360 and xim3 (once I get one). 

You may need to wait a little for the move controller. I bought one a few nights ago and discovered a problem with it. OBsIV confirmed the issue and posted this:

There appears to have been a regression with the Move Nav controller with the latest round of fixes to go into the Beta drop. Orbital will fix it and we will post another drop with that fix and other stuff like Naga. Hang in there, we'll take care of it.

Shouldn't be long before the new fix is available.

Offline ratsystem

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 06:47 PM - 02/11/11 »
Cool guys, I really appreciate the help.  Looks like it will be working in the near future.

Once again thanks for everyones kindness, for the most part everyone seems super helpful/cool on this forum that is always nice!

Take care,

Rat

Offline Uber Pooch

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 10:34 PM - 02/11/11 »
Once again thanks for everyones kindness, for the most part everyone seems super helpful/cool on this forum that is always nice!

Yes, we have our moments.

Offline GreyMouser

• MVP
  • Mostly PC now until a great exclusive pops up.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/GreyingGamer
« Reply #179 on: 04:44 PM - 02/12/11 »
Got my XIM3 yesterday. I planned on using the Nav as an analog stick for movement...But, let's just say I broke it for brevity's sake...And I couldn't find a wired keyboard replacement in the house.

I was desperate to try out my XIM3, I was cussing up a storm. But then, as the saying goes

"Necessity, what a mutha" (or something like that)

I tried out this, and I kinda like it (I lean the right side of the controller against a my gaming table for counter pressure as I'm carrying the 360 controller with only my left hand):
Loadout: kb = Rantopad with Gateron red switches (model RT101-0005); m = g403; PS4 controllers = official; XIM =  XIM4

Admin